PDA

View Full Version : Does Sulake have to follow UK legislation?

Mr-Trainor
10-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Serious question.. will explain when I find the email.

Daltron
10-11-2013, 05:25 AM
From the TOS:
15.1 Governing Law. You and we disclaim any application to these Terms of the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. To the maximum extent permitted by the mandatory laws in your country of residence, these Terms, any applicable Additional Terms and any dispute arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes), will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States for users located in the United States, and the laws of Finland for all other users, without regard to conflicts of law provisions that might apply other law.

This document takes priority in consumer dispute: http://www.uncitral.org/pdf/english/texts/sales/cisg/V1056997-CISG-e-book.pdf

Generally Sulake will follow US laws and any e-commerce/consumer laws in countries in which they do business with. So the International convention + US law + US/UK/AU/etc consumer laws.

Sulake will only mediate through US based alternative dispute resolution through this company: http://www.jamsadr.com/
If Litigation was forced it would most likely be moved into a Finnish court.

Mr-Trainor
10-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Hmmm well via Help Tool I received a reply from 'Kate' where she closed my ticket and basically said that Sulake doesn't have to follow UK legislation. I quote:
'As Habbo is a Finnish company, we are under Finnish legislation.'

xxMATTGxx
10-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Hmmm well via Help Tool I received a reply from 'Kate' where she closed my ticket and basically said that Sulake doesn't have to follow UK legislation. I quote:
'As Habbo is a Finnish company, we are under Finnish legislation.'

What was the ticket about specifically?

Mr-Trainor
10-11-2013, 05:52 PM
What was the ticket about specifically?
It's related to the Data Protection Act of 1998 (in the UK). It seems Finland has a 'Personal Data Act' which could be similar anyway but I don't have time to read it right now :P.

Shorty
10-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Don't hold me on it, as I may be wrong but..

For something regarding the Data Protection Act (UK), it surely depends on where the data is kept? Habbo Servers for user data are most likely US based, therefore they would follow the law within the US.

Abdicators, care to agree/disagree?

Abdicators
10-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Don't hold me on it, as I may be wrong but..

For something regarding the Data Protection Act (UK), it surely depends on where the data is kept? Habbo Servers for user data are most likely US based, therefore they would follow the law within the US.

@Abdicators (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=98000), care to agree/disagree?

Hey,

Given my current position it probably wouldn't be wise for me to comment, I'm not a lawyer and would not want to represent the company as such.

If you feel as though your issue seriously warrants action and a response from the Sulake legal team, you can send me a PM and i'll put you in touch with them, though Kate's response is probably correct.

GoldenMerc
10-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Hey,

Given my current position it probably wouldn't be wise for me to comment, I'm not a lawyer and would not want to represent the company as such.

If you feel as though your issue seriously warrants action and a response from the Sulake legal team, you can send me a PM and i'll put you in touch with them, though Kate's response is probably correct.

So are you sulake staff?

Never the less you'd think so, Shorty's right by its where the servers / data is kept

Mr-Trainor
22-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Forgot to reply to this before!
Thanks for the responses :). +rep.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!