FlyingJesus
11-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Isn't male to female just an extension

Oh but yes you can get micro to normal why wouldn't that be possible

AgnesIO
11-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Isn't male to female just an extension

Oh but yes you can get micro to normal why wouldn't that be possible

Yeah, but I have never tried inserting sd cards into Android devices and seeing how they work together etc. I know male to female would work fine on a computer, just not tried the same thing on Android and have no adapter to try it with :L

Just trying to work out how feasible it will be to travel with my tablet alone to use as storage for photos, to then upload to the web.

mrwoooooooo
12-11-2013, 12:01 AM
i dont think so but im not too sure

AgnesIO
12-11-2013, 12:12 AM
hmm, found this - may be what I was after? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Decrescent-Connection-Smartphones-Tablets-Including-White/dp/B00AN4W268/ref=pd_sim_computers_2

Lucy
12-11-2013, 04:02 AM
Not sure if that would work, isn't the Micro USB on android devices for charging and for pc connections?

AgnesIO
12-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Not sure if that would work, isn't the Micro USB on android devices for charging and for pc connections?

That is what I have always known it for, hence why I am wondering if it would work. Can't think how else I am going to do it!

Jack!
12-11-2013, 08:56 PM
That is what I have always known it for, hence why I am wondering if it would work. Can't think how else I am going to do it!

It will work, Make sure your device supports OTG though, and make sure its an OTG cable.

AgnesIO
12-11-2013, 08:59 PM
It will work, Make sure your device supports OTG though, and make sure its an OTG cable.

Yeah, using HP Touchpad which apparently does - will buy an adapter and give it a go, see how things go, before buying more expensive parts!

Cheers Jack.

God
14-11-2013, 01:19 AM
Could just go with Micro SD cards or a micro -> normal sd adapter? Or if you have internet connection just upload all the photos to facebook, tumblr, twitter or w.e you use and then you got them all.

AgnesIO
14-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Could just go with Micro SD cards or a micro -> normal sd adapter? Or if you have internet connection just upload all the photos to facebook, tumblr, twitter or w.e you use and then you got them all.

Touchpad doesn't have a micro as slot :'( Also wouldn't be as good when filming 1080p at 5p anyway. Internet connection will be available in some places, but I need to get the photos on to a computer or something to start with!

Sent from my HTC One X

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!