PDA

View Full Version : Are people just a bit too harsh?

Lanyon
12-11-2013, 01:06 AM
I'm starting to have the feeling that people like to attack other people's ideas and views on things. I am wondering if anyone else has had any experiences of posting on the forum and feeling attacked unneccessarily or have gotten caught in a situation where someone else just didn't understand your OP, misunderstood it and gave you harsh criticism. I haven't explored every topic on this forum or anything like that. I haven't been active on the forum consitantly over the years but from the few days of my return to Habbox.

Just as I was writing this I was thinking, oh crap, what if I've said something harsh or critical to someone else without even realising it? It's possible? There are time where I'm a little bit stressed, say something unncessarily rude, get a harsh comment back for it and a day later realising what kind of fool I was. :rolleyes: Not a good thing for your reputation on Habbox.

I would really like to hear about other user's experiences on HabboxForum, are people just misunderstanding each other or is it really just bloodshed abuse?

If you've accidentally said something mean, apologise and correct what you were saying into what you meant it to say or do whatever you need to do.

iLogan
12-11-2013, 01:37 AM
there are 100% a group of trolls who target people on the forum which is a bit of a shame because people aren't allowed to be banned for expressing their opinions apparently, but fair enough if all the trolls were banned then a fair few active members would be gone which would not be good for the already dying forum

ihatehash
12-11-2013, 02:10 AM
Yeah but I don't think that the issue is only on habboxforum. People grow an extra set of balls when they log onto the internet and if they are not your friend they tend to criticize even if they don't have reason too.
It's just how the internet works.

FlyingJesus
12-11-2013, 02:29 AM
I think most people are fine as long as you don't post something that's completely stupid - obviously if you do then it's going to get ripped to shreds and maybe you can learn from that. There are a couple of people here who live to abuse others but it's not a widespread problem

Ekelektra
12-11-2013, 03:47 AM
There are harsh people on the forum and sometimes they've put me off using the forum. Often I've written something but then backspaced it thinking 'oh some people won't like that nevermind won't post it' And they do make it less enjoyable.

But that's the internet there are always horrible people on it. Yeah I've been in other communities where there are less trolls and harsh opinions but I think on here the friend's I've made outweigh them.

Kyle
12-11-2013, 04:32 AM
I've noticed it too. lots and lots of condescension from older members to newer members that dare to post or make threads that they think will create discussion. sadly not everyone sees their own views as things that thye can build on or help othres to build with and instead just post outright rude remarks. if you want to say something then just say it and back it up when it is countered. if you are wrong, admit it and move on.

karter
12-11-2013, 04:36 AM
sorry if you felt personally attacked by my posts

Rachel
12-11-2013, 05:33 AM
Just it seems these days you can't express your feelings or such without being criticised. It's sucks as I think anyone here is allowed to express their opinion , thoughts and feelings of things well as long as it is not rude. If someone says something rude to me I simply ignore them and by ignoring them makes them feel even worse and they will eventually stop...of course some trolls will stay trolls. Like I always say, " Trolls will be trolls forever".

HE-Joshua
12-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Well there certainly some Know it all members on the forum - I'm awaiting the other bullies to view this thread.

Don't take it personally - I actually find it funny when someone takes the effort to try and put my ideas/comments down - I mean im certain they lost sleep over it sometimes.

Nick
12-11-2013, 07:01 AM
I think most people are fine as long as you don't post something that's completely stupid - obviously if you do then it's going to get ripped to shreds and maybe you can learn from that. There are a couple of people here who live to abuse others but it's not a widespread problem

This

Welcome to Habbox :D

Lanyon
12-11-2013, 07:20 AM
I've noticed it too. lots and lots of condescension from older members to newer members that dare to post or make threads that they think will create discussion. sadly not everyone sees their own views as things that thye can build on or help othres to build with and instead just post outright rude remarks. if you want to say something then just say it and back it up when it is countered. if you are wrong, admit it and move on.

Well spoken. Learn how to lose, accept defeat, lesson learned, be happy. It's harder than you think but if you can do it, it's not so bad! :)

- - - Updated - - -

sorry if you felt personally attacked by my posts

Me too. Hug? :)

Aiden
12-11-2013, 07:24 AM
It's always been like that, not that I̶ they don't deserve it sometimes... but people could maybe be a lil' less harsh.

Matt
12-11-2013, 08:10 AM
There are some members of this forum that actually need to grow up. They think they're being cool in their group group of friends by criticizing and making fun of others simply for their own amusement and because of the type of things they post on here. They also assume that because they've been on the form for x amount of years they need to automatically be respected by all other members and if anyone challenges something they say/do, they talk about them behind their backs and bring out the claws. Not to mention if they have friends in high places, then of course they'll continue to treat other members like crap.

buttons
12-11-2013, 08:29 AM
i think it's just the internet in general, there's always someone who finds something you say offensive, SOCIAL JUSTICE!!!!! if u wanna say something just say it, there comes a point where u don't care if someone finds what you've said wrong/offensive, chances are you're never gonna meet or even know these ppl in a few years.' bullies are everywhere sometimes u just have to stand up to them, plus i always love it when someone stands up to members that no-one dares to lol also it's not old vs new, most of us will agree with whoever we agree with, no matter how long they've been here, most of us can have a healthy (or not so healthy) debate then be friends in future, so don't be put off if you have a disagreement with one person once.

+ dw most of us start off with bad reps then get better :P

also mdport.; thts not even true, most of the trolls r ppl NOT in 'groups' (could give examples but don't want to single out anyone) & imo there isn't even 'groups' other than maybe hxf djs, hxhd staff etc and i find ppl r even worse off the forum ie on habbo so yeah... forum is nowhere as bad as ppl think, think some ppl just don't understand that someone can disagree with u and it's not necessarily attacking u! but there are some people who get too personal too soon but it's a minority..

karter
12-11-2013, 09:03 AM
There are some members of this forum that actually need to grow up. They think they're being cool in their group group of friends by criticizing and making fun of others simply for their own amusement and because of the type of things they post on here. They also assume that because they've been on the form for x amount of years they need to automatically be respected by all other members and if anyone challenges something they say/do, they talk about them behind their backs and bring out the claws. Not to mention if they have friends in high places, then of course they'll continue to treat other members like crap.

dunno about you all but i have never seen anyone misbehaving and using the excuse of being an old member of the forum. that's just you being paranoid tbh

Matt
12-11-2013, 09:40 AM
dunno about you all but i have never seen anyone misbehaving and using the excuse of being an old member of the forum. that's just you being paranoid tbh

Paranoid over what lol, watching for older members to post a reply and accuse them of being arrogant and rude? that's not what I do. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

And buttons; I would name people but I'd rather not lol. I'd say there are groups within HxF that tend to create banter and tend to gang up on others and exclude people but I'm not sure why you're referring to hxhd and hxl as posting groups etc because that's not what i meant.

I don't think the people I'm describing necessarily attack peoples posts and I think thats the wrong word to use but they do think people over criticize posts and forget everyone has different opinions.

karter
12-11-2013, 09:48 AM
The only "group" I can think of right now which you might be referring to joined like 1 year ago

Matt
12-11-2013, 09:53 AM
In my first post i was referring to both older people who use their older status as an advantage to make others feel intimidated to post a reply to a thread (only a very select few though) and then yeah theres a handful of people I'm thinking of in-particular and they joined roughly around 1 year ago yeah, but then IMO they just troll 24/7 and think theyre fantastic when really they need a slap in the face and told to get off their internet. But as i said before, this only makes up a small proportion of hxf users but they tend to create more drama than most others which is why they stand out so much.

buttons
12-11-2013, 09:58 AM
yh i agree a minority do (mostly on habbo tho not the forum, the forum has their own individual trolls) but i rly don't see how ppl use their join date to intimidate others lol anyone who says 'i was here in 04 im the best' are more likely to be looked down on cause they're still using forum after so many years n thinking it means something.. I think people may be intimidated but that's because of their own perception, not because the older forum member actually says they're better because of join date, u just assume they think that (n idk anyone who does thik that)

Matt
12-11-2013, 10:05 AM
yh i agree a minority do (mostly on habbo tho not the forum, the forum has their own individual trolls) but i rly don't see how ppl use their join date to intimidate others lol anyone who says 'i was here in 04 im the best' are more likely to be looked down on cause they're still using forum after so many years n thinking it means something.. I think people may be intimidated but that's because of their own perception, not because the older forum member actually says they're better because of join date, u just assume they think that (n idk anyone who does thik that)

I'll say again, It's a very small numebr of people that seem to try and use their experience on hxf to do this. Not neccissarily use just their date to do this, but their 'overall experience'. This seems to make them more experienced and therefore they know how to reply better to a thread than someone who's only just joined. It's a small number of users that do this and yeah it's just my opinion. But I guess i was trying to focus on the group of trolls who are just pathetic and decided to mention the older users as i thought it was appropriate as it fitted the thread topic :)

Jurv
12-11-2013, 10:36 AM
just because someone has a different opinion to you it doesn't mean they're attacking you

and you shouldn't bother too much about what people think anyway, post what you wanna post!

lawrawrrr
12-11-2013, 10:42 AM
I agree with you. Some people look for certain members' posts and TRY to find something wrong in them, even if they make it up or don't bother learning the truth behind it. If you post something silly, as FJ said, you tend to get ripped apart, even if you made an absolutely genuine mistake. It's harsh, especially considering most of the time it's the older members ripping into the youngers' posts.

It's put me off using the forum in the past but I just learn to deal with it now.

mrwoooooooo
12-11-2013, 10:57 AM
if it's anything to do with http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=790343&p=8041749#post8041749

then what scottish said was right unfortunately, maybe you just didn't like the way he put it across?

Inseriousity.
12-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Some of the older members need to remember that they were young once and not pounce like hyenas on every little mistake someone makes. You can be mature and responsible enough to point out someone's mistake so that they learn without ripping them to shreds so yeah I think people are a little too harsh.

Matt
12-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Some of the older members need to remember that they were young once and not pounce like hyenas on every little mistake someone makes. You can be mature and responsible enough to point out someone's mistake so that they learn without ripping them to shreds so yeah I think people are a little too harsh.
buttons;

This is exactly what i meant, just didn't know how to say it.

buttons
12-11-2013, 01:05 PM
so older as in age then, doesn't necessarily mean they've been here longest. some ppl at 20 are just as bad as they were at 15... it's the internet & these people would be like this on any other forum so not rly much u can do about it

despect
12-11-2013, 02:39 PM
As people have said its not just on Habboxforum, but yeah i've noticed it too. A lot of people don't accept others opinions simply because it could be different to theirs, so they think well if its different then its obviously not a correct opinion. Like i always say everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

-Moniquee.
12-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Yeah, it happens a lot. But I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion some people just express it differently. Some people also handle comments made by others differently. I think most people might sound harsh but they don't actually mean to or realise.

FlyingJesus
12-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Do we even have trolls other than Adam though because like people being argumentative is not the same as trolling

wixard
12-11-2013, 04:59 PM
adam isn't even a troll though people just don't like him

Lewis
12-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Of course, all the time. Especially those who can't take facts and then their reasons behind what they say or a -rep is completely nothing to do with what is really said.

FlyingJesus
12-11-2013, 05:07 PM
He's the only one other than Dan who posts idiotic things purely to annoy people, that's the definition of a troll rather than someone who's a bit mean like mdport seems to think it is

Empired
12-11-2013, 05:12 PM
so older as in age then, doesn't necessarily mean they've been here longest. some ppl at 20 are just as bad as they were at 15... it's the internet & these people would be like this on any other forum so not rly much u can do about it
I think mdport. mentioned something about how it all starts off as banter which is fine but usually ends up getting out of hand and upsetting a younger member. I s'pose it must be difficult because the older people/users really are just having a laugh but the younger ones aren't as "exposed" to the internet so they don't know that's just what you're supposed to expect..

mrwoooooooo
12-11-2013, 05:50 PM
adam isn't even a troll though people just don't like him
i try so hard to get people to like me too :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!