PDA

View Full Version : Average price for a site layout?

Jurassic
13-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Does anyone know (whether it's personal on a market average) what would be a decent price to pay / accept for a standard site layout, matching forum skin and mobile skin?

I know it sounds pretty vague but i'd like to get user input on what they'd consider acceptable to spend and not to, on a Habbo fansite?

Trinity
13-11-2013, 04:05 PM
I know it sounds pretty vague but i'd like to get user input on what they'd consider acceptable to spend and not to, on a Habbo fansite?

Yeah, that's crazy vague, it varies so much depending on so many factors. But a super rough average, for the 3 together on a habbo fansite, I'd say you're looking at just over £100 if you want anything close to decent. Obviously some will charge less, some more, but the cheaper ones aren't usually worth buying anyway.

Jack!
14-11-2013, 10:23 AM
And in a real commercial setting, usually your looking at thousands.

AgnesIO
14-11-2013, 10:51 AM
If you get them done by a Habbo player they will be dirt cheap, but the quality won't be amazing. On the other hand, a quality layout by a true professional will easily go into the thousands.

lRhyss
14-11-2013, 11:17 AM
I agree with the above, if you want a mainstream, cheap layout find a Habbo user, if not you're looking at £100/£150 for quality work.

However I still raise the question, Didn't fansites start dying out out little over a year ago?

peteyt
14-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Stick to the pros. I've had nothing but problems from small affordable web developers because cheap usually means just that, cheap.

Jack!
14-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Stick to the pros. I've had nothing but problems from small affordable web developers because cheap usually means just that, cheap.

Was one of them named Jack, at all? Think I may know of one of them.

peteyt
14-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Was one of them named Jack, at all? Think I may know of one of them.
No one on here.

I've been to a few apparently good cheap web developers but the same problem happens again - they start working on your site, show you progress and vanish and a website that was given a deadline of a month just progresses. The problem is a lot of cheap web developers do it in their spare time and I tend to find your the last thing on their mind. Currently trying to recover some money from a previous web developer myself.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!