PDA

View Full Version : 'Dozens dead' in Russian plane crash

xxMATTGxx
17-11-2013, 04:43 PM
'Dozens dead' in Russian plane crash

A passenger plane has crashed at an airport in the Russian city of Kazan, killing at least 44 people, reports say.

The Boeing 737 had taken off from Moscow, and was reportedly trying to land but exploded on impact.

Russian officials told local media there were no survivors.

The reports said the plane belonged to Tatarstan Airlines, and crashed about 7.20pm local time (1520 GMT) on Sunday.

There were no immediate indications of what may have led to the crash.

Kazan is the capital of the Russian Republic of Tatarstan.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24980055

May they all R.I.P.

Shockwave.2CC
17-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!

That's not good, for me reading this as i'll be going on a plane in 5 day :(

R.I.P

Mark
17-11-2013, 05:42 PM
RIP to them! Wonder why this happened, also why was there only 44 people on-board a Boeing 737? Doesn't that carry hundreds of people/

xxMATTGxx
17-11-2013, 05:47 PM
RIP to them! Wonder why this happened, also why was there only 44 people on-board a Boeing 737? Doesn't that carry hundreds of people/

It can do but it also can carry less. It will depend on the flight it was doing and the load that was booked for it. Not all flights get fully booked :P

Grig
17-11-2013, 06:30 PM
It always hits the Russian aviation industry. Would be interesting to hear an exact cause. It gives a bad image for our aviation industry, at least our main flagship carrier Aeroflot has cleaned up its act. Yet, it's a bit more complex than that because a lot of these airlines are Aeroflot affiliates, so when stuff like this happens they start claiming it's not them to protect image.

Mark
17-11-2013, 06:59 PM
It can do but it also can carry less. It will depend on the flight it was doing and the load that was booked for it. Not all flights get fully booked :P

I realise that haha, just it would seem as if they're losing money putting on a flight just for 44 people. I suppose it's lucky they didn't as it could have meant more people dying.

Explorator
17-11-2013, 07:35 PM
That's a shame.

RIP

xxMATTGxx
17-11-2013, 10:44 PM
You can find some more information about the crash with also pictures by going to: http://avherald.com/h?article=46b9ecbc&opt=0

Looks like it was on it's second attempt to land the plane and was also about to do another go around before crashing.

Absently
17-11-2013, 10:47 PM
agh, just saw it on the news, so sad :(

rip to them x

xxMATTGxx
18-11-2013, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koUV3xRIraU

karter
18-11-2013, 04:31 PM
oh dear, rip

Grig
19-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Just like to add one more thing to add, was the plane was much over 20 years, don't remember the exact age to be sure and I think it was even owned by some African airline companies before being sold to Kazan. It was unsuitable to fly in the first place.

This is another classic story of Russia operating ancient aircraft and then wondering why this happened.

xxMATTGxx
19-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Just like to add one more thing to add, was the plane was much over 20 years, don't remember the exact age to be sure and I think it was even owned by some African airline companies before being sold to Kazan. It was unsuitable to fly in the first place.

This is another classic story of Russia operating ancient aircraft and then wondering why this happened.

An aircraft being over 20 years old isn't normally an issue. As some airlines have planes that can be between 30-40 years old for sure. It's the maintenance done on the plane that is most likely a problem in most of these cases. Plus the training of the flight crew.

In 2011 Russian Federal Agency of Air Transport, Rosaviation, banned all the flights of the company to the EU countries due to a big number of accidents connected with this company’s air craft.

-:Undertaker:-
20-11-2013, 02:08 AM
RIP to all who died, I am always wary of long haul fights - they are the flights that seem to go wrong.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!