PDA

View Full Version : What do you feel is the worst changes of Habbo over the years?

umvelopy
19-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Hello everybody!

I recently (about a month ago) came back on Habbo after 3 years of not coming on here..!

Lots has changed..

Whats your least favourite change?

Mark :]
(umvelopy)

Thread moved by £lliott (Forum Moderator) from 'Welcome to Habbox Forum' as it is better suited here.

karter
20-11-2013, 09:35 AM
when they removed community forums and guestbooks from habbo homepage, that was disastrous and the reason i left

Kardan
20-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Letting many staff go after the merge.

Other
20-11-2013, 12:00 PM
They let channel 4 wreck a lot of stuff; when I returned I had pretty much nobody on my f/l online, still got nobody on I talk to properly.

lucaskf390
20-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Global Mute was

Kardan
20-11-2013, 12:09 PM
They let channel 4 wreck a lot of stuff; when I returned I had pretty much nobody on my f/l online, still got nobody on I talk to properly.

To be fair, it wasn't Channel 4 that wrecked that, it was Habbo for not having decent enough moderation.

Other
20-11-2013, 01:15 PM
To be fair, it wasn't Channel 4 that wrecked that, it was Habbo for not having decent enough moderation.

Didn't seem bad to me when I was active throughout 2010-1st half of 2011; they really twisted how Habbo was portrayed on the news though imo...

Kardan
20-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Didn't seem bad to me when I was active throughout 2010-1st half of 2011; they really twisted how Habbo was portrayed on the news though imo...

Well if you weren't being targeted by paedophiles then of course you wouldn't see it as bad :P

And they didn't twist it at all, it's just the majority of normal Habbo users don't see that side of it, that's all.

j0rd
20-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Well if you weren't being targeted by paedophiles then of course you wouldn't see it as bad :P

So you where being targeted by the peadophiles where you Aiden? :P

For me it was probably the merge, after that I wasn't really enjoying playing at all and found myself playing less and less.

Other
20-11-2013, 02:45 PM

And they didn't twist it at all, it's just the majority of normal Habbo users don't see that side of it, that's all.

I suppose you have a point, but they really can't stop stuff like this. It's upto parents to be more responsible for kids at such a young age.

Empired
20-11-2013, 03:28 PM
paul lafo being hired :@

Yupt
20-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Didn't really like the merge at all, I liked our little UK group, and lots of people from other countries actively played on the UK one anyway. To be honest, the merge should have been good.. but it didn't work well.

Personally though the worst thing they did was one they made badges so easy to get. Seeing a badge anything other than the old HC one was considered rare! Now you get them just for being online.

crystaldd0
20-11-2013, 03:49 PM
I dislike a lot of things they changed *cries* I very much do miss being able to have tags on your Habbo user, and also miss being able to share links in the client as well.

Explorator
20-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Coming for my point of view. I didn't like it when they started to change their style of graphics.

I suppose it can't be stopped though *sigh*

jorsian
20-11-2013, 04:40 PM
There are so many, but to pick just one I would have to say transitioning from Shockwave to Flash (also known as Habbo Beta) which was done in 2009.

Yawn
20-11-2013, 05:24 PM
coin tax/exchange
changing events

da363bomb
20-11-2013, 06:31 PM
The global mute killed habbo, basically everyone left and it's so crap now.. But still addicted to it x_x

Attached
20-11-2013, 06:37 PM
I felt Habbo was pretty dead prior to the Channel 4 report and subsequent mute, but it certainly didn't help. As a user since 2002 though, I've always felt moderation was poor on Habbo and I'm surprised it took so long for somebody to do what Channel 4 did. I can't sympathise with Habbo either, they had years to try and sort it out but didn't.

Anyway; I like the search function in the current catalogue, but other than that I'm really not feeling the layout of it. Too far removed from any previous catalogues.

karter
20-11-2013, 06:41 PM

the whole mute thing was just sulake overreacting, channel 4 just reported it (or maybe exaggerated idk really what they showed was genuine imo)

IzzyUhh
20-11-2013, 07:16 PM
just the main original features of habbo
the stupid tax thing when you take out credits is stupid and the marketplace thing

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!