PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Questionnaire

Nick
24-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Hey, below is a little questionnaire about different graphic related things around Habbox. If you could fill it out and leave a response that would be grand.

What do you think of the current graphics around all the Habbox sites (Habbox.com Habboxlive.com HabboxForum.com)?

Do you think any of the graphics need to be improved, how so?

Would you participate in graphics competitions if they are posted more frequently rather than on special occasions (e.g easter). If not, why?

What do you think about the current state of the graphics forum?

Do you think anything needs to be improved within the graphics forum, such as activity, competitions, new forums, tutorials/resources?

Would you like to see something like ‘Cool room of the week’ but in the form of posting graphics instead?

David
24-11-2013, 01:43 PM
What do you think of the current graphics around all the Habbox sites (Habbox.com Habboxlive.com HabboxForum.com)?

inadequate, recycled, rushed, most of the time lacking important details like shadows underneath habbos.
nuke habboxlive.com, start from the beginning and make a banner slot that isn't cut off by the nav bar............. @myke;

Do you think any of the graphics need to be improved?

yes

Would you participate in graphics competitions if they are posted more frequently rather than on special occasions (e.g easter). If not, why?

depends on the theme

barren land. used for posting self pics and people offering 4 rep points for a sig.
on the occasion someone posts something decent they've made, 9/10 responses are from people seeking a quick pc boost. (lukz gd, gr8 wrkk)
maybe force the [cc] prefix or just remove it altogether it's barely used otherwise

Do you think anything needs to be improved such as activity, competitions, new forums, tutorials/resources?

activity is a no brainer
competitions? sure why not
new forums? anything beyond a tutorials/resources dedicated subforum, id disagree
tutorials/resources could be improved, since i had most of mines removed. who's gonna make them?

Would you like to see something like ‘Cool room of the week’ but in the form of posting graphics instead?

if you're gonna post "OMGZ COLOUR IN THIS TEMPLATE OF A R0OM AND U MITE W1N", then no.
if you're expecting people to create a room design from scratch, outside of habbo, it probably won't work.

Explorator
24-11-2013, 01:54 PM

As David said, nuke habboxlive.com. The forum needs a couple of nice new skins too.

Do you think any of the graphics need to be improved?

A few, it's just touching up in some places.

I can't really since I am in the department, but if I wasn't sure!

There's hardily any new posts, just old posts with new comments every now and then. There needs to be more motivation to post there.

Do you think anything needs to be improved within the graphics forum, such as activity, competitions, new forums, tutorials/resources?

Competitions, definitely. Also some tutorials and resources for users.

That'd be nice. I don't think you'd see much participation though.

David
24-11-2013, 02:02 PM
also, remove the S from staff titles

FlyingJesus
24-11-2013, 02:18 PM
What do you think of the current graphics around all the Habbox sites (Habbox.com Habboxlive.com HabboxForum.com)? Isn't it just screenshots from the hotel client?

Do you think any of the graphics need to be improved, how so? Make some

Would you participate in graphics competitions if they are posted more frequently rather than on special occasions (e.g easter). If not, why? Yes I find them interesting but I believe this to be a comps matter rather than a graphics dept one

What do you think about the current state of the graphics forum? It's just papoy and a couple of random "photography" (ie: anyone with a point-and-click) threads and then people telling them they're superstars despite also knowing nothing about the subject or actually reading the thread

Do you think anything needs to be improved within the graphics forum, such as activity, competitions, new forums, tutorials/resources? Scrap the graphics department and when something needs to be done just let people send in their work for it - like a graphics comp but with the prize being your stuff gets used for the site. There aren't enough genuine jobs around for the department to exist and there are plenty of amateur pixel artists and such who could and would do it just without the pointless staff usertitle

Would you like to see something like ‘Cool room of the week’ but in the form of posting graphics instead? Not especially given the calibre of graphics around the place

Jurv
24-11-2013, 04:36 PM

they're usually pretty good but not a fan of the habboxlive site it's super ugly

although i think some of the text on banners use too much stroke/drop shadow

i wouldn't say they drastically need improving (considering it isn't paid work too) but there's always room for improvement

don't think i would personally because i'm busy with college and idk if they'd work if they were more frequent

it's alright, obviously could do with some more activity but you could say that about every section of the forum

some new tutorials and resources would be nice, maybe have a thread showing off some of the staff's work

would be nice but i don't think there would be many entries. could do it from staff graphics like i mentioned above^

Nick
25-11-2013, 09:41 AM
David; I made a new template for HabboxLive so now it has a slot for the navbar so nothing will be cut of. Graphics Designer and Graphic Designer works either way so im not really that fussed tbh. Thanks for deleting your resources or however they got corrupt :( :( :(

FlyingJesus;

Do you think anything needs to be improved within the graphics forum, such as activity, competitions, new forums, tutorials/resources? Scrap the graphics department and when something needs to be done just let people send in their work for it - like a graphics comp but with the prize being your stuff gets used for the site. There aren't enough genuine jobs around for the department to exist and there are plenty of amateur pixel artists and such who could and would do it just without the pointless staff usertitle

I know where you are coming from where you are saying lets scrap the department, it could work but it is handy just having people who are here, ready to make graphics when a task is posted. There are actually a lot of jobs around for graphics designers, i went through and counted how many tasks have been posted this month which was 20 and today is the 25th, almost one every day, 19 for October and 17 for September. I'd say the tasks have been picking up rather than dying.

cameron; Might start to write up new tutorials for the forum and new ones for habbox.com. We may possibly be implementing an archive like habbcrazy where designers will be able to post their work, as well as ex designers and possibly people can apply to get their own archive.

-Moniquee.
25-11-2013, 10:57 AM
I think there could be room for a lot more graphics, especially better graphics on HabboxLive.

The HabboxLive graphics, some of them are pretty plain and outdated.

Yes, I think it would in fact be a good idea if they were posted more frequently.

It is a bit all over the place, could do with some improvement.

I think competitions should occur more frequently, it brings more attention to the department. Tutorials/ resources would be great and it gets more people interested in graphic design and maybe in future doing graphics on habbox. It would be a good idea to have some of the staffs work shown too. Because I would say a lot of things get done and aren't shown on the site.

Maybe not as a weekly thing, maybe if it was a monthly thing.

David
25-11-2013, 01:54 PM
David; I made a new template for HabboxLive so now it has a slot for the navbar so nothing will be cut of. Graphics Designer and Graphic Designer works either way so im not really that fussed tbh. Thanks for deleting your resources or however they got corrupt :( :( :(

FlyingJesus;

I know where you are coming from where you are saying lets scrap the department, it could work but it is handy just having people who are here, ready to make graphics when a task is posted. There are actually a lot of jobs around for graphics designers, i went through and counted how many tasks have been posted this month which was 20 and today is the 25th, almost one every day, 19 for October and 17 for September. I'd say the tasks have been picking up rather than dying.

cameron; Might start to write up new tutorials for the forum and new ones for habbox.com. We may possibly be implementing an archive like habbcrazy where designers will be able to post their work, as well as ex designers and possibly people can apply to get their own archive.

remember cameron tried to get that archive though and it never happened lol

Grig
25-11-2013, 07:22 PM

they're usually pretty good but not a fan of the habboxlive site it's super ugly

although i think some of the text on banners use too much stroke/drop shadow

That HxL site layout in ancient and only has thematic edits when festivals come etc. We were told no point in touching it because V7 will be out soon, so we're leaving it be, rather than doing a whole re-design of it. So that's what we're waiting upon (sooner rather than later I hope!).

Nick
25-11-2013, 10:03 PM
remember cameron tried to get that archive though and it never happened lol

i will make it work tho ;l hopefully lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!