PDA

View Full Version : Will you tell your kids about santa?

Explorator
24-11-2013, 06:29 PM
When/if you ever have children, would you tell them about Santa?

Or do you think the tradition will be dead by then?

Personally, I think I'd tell them the truth at around 7 - 8 years old.

Jurv
24-11-2013, 06:32 PM
i'd tell them that he is real yeah and let them find out for themselves afterwards that he aint

AgnesIO
24-11-2013, 06:33 PM
What do you mean?

Of course I will.. the picture below is from Canada (1918), Santa isn't a new phenomenon - hardly something that is just going to pass..

What a bizarre thread.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/1918eatonssantaclausparade.jpg

MKR&*42
24-11-2013, 06:36 PM
No, if they find out about santa some other way then cool but I'm not going to tell them if he's "real" just let them think what they want.

karter
24-11-2013, 06:43 PM
gee i'm not sure

wixard
24-11-2013, 06:51 PM
yeah it did no harm to me or my siblings so why not

!x!dude!x!2
24-11-2013, 07:02 PM
hard to say . do i wanna tell my kid then later on while hes at school have some kids tell him hes not real then have my kid call me a liar

Chris
24-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Of course I will, it's what makes Christmas so magical for kids.

AgnesIO
24-11-2013, 11:02 PM
hard to say . do i wanna tell my kid then later on while hes at school have some kids tell him hes not real then have my kid call me a liar

You'll get called a liar as a parent whether you tell them about santa or not :L

Kardan
24-11-2013, 11:15 PM
I'll let my fiancée deal with all of that. Personally, I didn't see the thrill in it.

Futz
24-11-2013, 11:21 PM
I'll keep the spirit alive as long as they let me, if they really love me as a dad even after finding out the truth they'll let me continue with my antics

Chipmunks
24-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Yeah, i'd tell them!

!x!dude!x!2
25-11-2013, 12:09 AM
You'll get called a liar as a parent whether you tell them about santa or not :L

I guess . well if i ever get a wife i guess we can go by her rules

OldLoveSong
25-11-2013, 01:51 AM
yeah deff its fun to get excited bout those things when you're little

Craptarded
25-11-2013, 03:12 AM
I would let my child believe in it as long as they like, Because I know that they will hear about it from friends at school. The town i live in, has alot of people from the middle east, so there really arent many christmas related things here. Its all about diwali. But I would let my kids figure it out on their own, and still put a "From santa" sticker on their gift for kicks. Where I am, you have to say Holiday Season, or sale, or assembly. Otherwise its racist o_O So I assume at least in my area, Santa will be unheard of.

geo
25-11-2013, 08:11 PM
yeah of course i'd tell them about santa and wouldn't tell them the truth, they'll probably work it out for themselves

compositeLegend
26-11-2013, 05:05 AM
I'd perhaps celebrate Santa when they were younger, but I wouldn't let the tradition go on for too long. I was told Santa wasn't real when I was 6 years old, so I would probably do the same for my children.

-:Undertaker:-
28-11-2013, 04:00 AM
I'd let them and get them to believe in Father Christmas for as long as possible.

Daltron
28-11-2013, 09:18 AM
I would tell them Santa isn't real as soon as I think they have a correct moral balance to comprehend it correctly. I don't think it ruins the fun, hell, I still get excited at my age even though I know the presents are coming from parents and friends. It differs per person of course and I would respect everyone who wouldn't tell their children the truth.

Red
28-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Yup! I didn't turn on my parents and call them liars lol I just appreciated them trying to make it magical. Christmas loses the fun when you stop believing imo.

-Moniquee.
28-11-2013, 04:04 PM
I won't tell them I don't think, not until they find out for themselves. When I found out, Christmas was never the same.

Mikey
29-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Yes I will, my Mum and Dad did. The whole thing with leaving out cookies, milk and a carrot the night before and then waking up and going to the tree to see that Santa had been, made Christmas special. :)

I found out myself that he wasn't real by seeing that the wrapping paper that my mum wrapped her presents in was the same that Santa used haha.

cornbix
30-11-2013, 01:07 PM
If I had kids, yes ofcourse. Anyone who says they wouldn't tell them about Santa is quite immature. It makes it magical for kids, and builds the excitement and the enchanting fairytale of Christmas. I'd never tell them he's not real until they found out themselves.

Calum0812
30-11-2013, 01:23 PM
I swear there are some members of this forum young enough to still believe in Santa.... ANYWAY...

I'd let them find out for themselves. It's not hard to work out once you get to a certain point in life that reindeers can't fly, a fat guy can't fit down a chimney and one man can't carry thousands of presents to every home in the world in one night.

Zelda
30-11-2013, 01:54 PM
I'll never ever have kids, but hypothetically I would probably tell them around the time other kids would be working it out so that I could tell the kid myself i suppose, makes it easier then them hearing it from other people

Stadiums
30-11-2013, 02:05 PM
I just sort of found out being around other people, I don't think there was a time when my parents sat me down and told me.

ARTPOP
30-11-2013, 02:51 PM
i wont b havin kids so no

Elegance
30-11-2013, 06:18 PM
yes definitely!!! it just adds to the fun of christmas

karter
30-11-2013, 06:26 PM
gee i'm not sure

i change my mind!!! of course i will come on i dont want to kill their childhood wtf was i even unsure about

people who're saying no disgust me goodbye

Yawn
30-11-2013, 06:42 PM
obviously....i cant believe this is even a question

Sian
01-12-2013, 10:09 AM
depends if my kids were like me.

I was really scared of santa and relieved once i knew. But if they really like him, who am I to crush their dreams when young.

e5
01-12-2013, 11:02 AM
You NEVER tell your kid about santa. You let them find out themselves! WOW some people!!!

Santa is real and my kids will always be led to believe that!!

Absently
01-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Yeah I will let them believe in Santa, I loved leaving out gifts for him, so well done for my mum to let me do it each year! I naturally just became aware that Santa wasn't real and it didn't bother me too much, because I'd still get the same amount of presents but would appreciate my mum knowing they were all from her. One thing though, I'd set all the rubbish presents out to show Santa got them and all the expensive ones from me hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Samantha
01-12-2013, 12:27 PM
I'd probably tell them he was real and everything, because even I still can't believe that Santa isn't real. The rumours that he won't come if he's not asleep, the fact he visits everyone's house in the night and has reindeers pulling him along, that's so magical and I remember being younger trying to stay awake and just being so happy that he came to our house and everything. There are also traditions and Santa is one of them - when I say I can't believe Santa isn't real it's more how did my parents keep that up for so long? Me and my sister only found out when my Nanny told us to write from Santa on the tag, she also accidentally told us about the tooth fairy as we kept our teeth on the calendar (never realised it was just easier to go there then our pillow) and our parents were away so my Nanny just went oh I forgot to give you the money here lmao.

Yes I will tell them Santa is real, although I don't know when or if I'd tell them he wasn't.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!