PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Donations

!x!dude!x!2
24-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Do you donate food or toys for Christmas?

i usually give toys to the fire department and food the the church and food bank

sexpot
24-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Yes, and I bake christmas cookies for the local orphanage as well.

!x!dude!x!2
24-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Yes, and I bake christmas cookies for the local orphanage as well.

oh forgot to add . i usually take the clothes that don't fit over to Value Village and give it to them

Empired
24-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Yeah I do this thing where my family sends a shoebox full of nice stuff to a child in Africa for Christmas

!x!dude!x!2
24-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Yeah I do this thing where my family sends a shoebox full of nice stuff to a child in Africa for Christmas

oh in my old school back like 5 years ago we use to do that . we had like tooth paste and tooth brushes and some other cool things

Shar
24-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Used to when I was at school

Elegance
24-11-2013, 08:41 PM
our family usually sends old clothes to the shelter in manchester

AgnesIO
24-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Don't give anything specifically for Christmas, personally. Might send a card to Russ this year.

Callum.
24-11-2013, 10:38 PM
**** no. I might buy the Paul the homeless fella I bring a coffee in the morning a few essentials if that counts.

Craptarded
24-11-2013, 10:48 PM
I usually give food to the Food Bank and fire department. I also donate clothes to the shelter in downtown toronto. I also give money to local charity too :P (I dont make much but its like a 15 dollar donation, but it can go a long way) Feeds a person for 15 days (1 dollar a day for food stamp)

AgnesIO
24-11-2013, 11:05 PM
**** no. I might buy the Paul the homeless fella I bring a coffee in the morning a few essentials if that counts.

If he accepts your charity, then yes.. that would be charity.

Soo, "**** yes"? :L

Sieglinde
24-11-2013, 11:41 PM
i give lots of cans of soup
and sometimes a can opener

Rachel
25-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Every year I buy canned food, home made cookies, I even buy 3 turkeys from the store and Donate it to these people ^_^ , Toys for children (tedy bears etc)I don't care how much it cost me every year, It comes from my heart and soul for these people who needs it.

!x!dude!x!2
25-11-2013, 01:15 AM
I usually give food to the Food Bank and fire department. I also donate clothes to the shelter in downtown toronto. I also give money to local charity too :P (I dont make much but its like a 15 dollar donation, but it can go a long way) Feeds a person for 15 days (1 dollar a day for food stamp)

wow that's a lot. do you only do this during christmas or all year round ?

Craptarded
25-11-2013, 01:49 AM
wow that's a lot. do you only do this during christmas or all year round ?

When it comes to the clothing, I donate as much as I can-- especially if I cant fit into it. Whats the point on wasting closet space, when i have newer clothes? I do the food donations every christmas, as my city doesnt have really any drives, and if they do its cash based. I try to give back as much as I can, because I was adopted from a very poor country in Eastern Europe (Estonia) which just came out of Russian Occupation, and I know what its like to have nothing, and all of my baby clothes were donated. I plan to one day, if I win the Lottery, to give 10-15 even 30 percent to the Orphanage that took care of me for the first year of my life. Alot of my baby clothes, that were in good condition, I gave to the Womens Shelter, which houses alot of young mothers. I feel that If i give to the community, that only good can really come back, and if no good comes from it, at least I feel better knowing that I tried.

I am not an activist, but I do try to do good things :)

OldLoveSong
25-11-2013, 01:56 AM

operation christmas child ! my church does tht every yearrr i usually make one for a boy and a girl :P

!x!dude!x!2
25-11-2013, 02:02 AM
When it comes to the clothing, I donate as much as I can-- especially if I cant fit into it. Whats the point on wasting closet space, when i have newer clothes? I do the food donations every christmas, as my city doesnt have really any drives, and if they do its cash based. I try to give back as much as I can, because I was adopted from a very poor country in Eastern Europe (Estonia) which just came out of Russian Occupation, and I know what its like to have nothing, and all of my baby clothes were donated. I plan to one day, if I win the Lottery, to give 10-15 even 30 percent to the Orphanage that took care of me for the first year of my life. Alot of my baby clothes, that were in good condition, I gave to the Womens Shelter, which houses alot of young mothers. I feel that If i give to the community, that only good can really come back, and if no good comes from it, at least I feel better knowing that I tried.

I am not an activist, but I do try to do good things :)

wow thats a lot of work . keep it up :) you're making a lot of people proud

-Moniquee.
25-11-2013, 08:24 AM
I usually give some things to the local charity shop. At school I always used to give money to the local charities, all the students would put in and the school would make a cheque for the charity shop who then buy things and distribute it to people in need. I have also given things to charities who send the things to developing nations. I think more people should donate, it would be a horrible time for people who can't have a good Christmas.

!x!dude!x!2
25-11-2013, 11:33 PM
I usually give some things to the local charity shop. At school I always used to give money to the local charities, all the students would put in and the school would make a cheque for the charity shop who then buy things and distribute it to people in need. I have also given things to charities who send the things to developing nations. I think more people should donate, it would be a horrible time for people who can't have a good Christmas.

my school just started the food drive !!

Jazz
26-11-2013, 04:04 PM
i usually help with the shoebox appeals (same as Empired;'s shoe boxes) and this year im helping them and uk4u who send these nice little packs to troops abroad for christmas, which is nice.

me and my friends have a tradition of going to our old primary school Christmas fayre/fair/fare (whichever spelling they use, seems to be different every year) and spending a bit to help with the schools donations as well.

compositeLegend
26-11-2013, 04:46 PM
We do give old clothing to the truck that comes by during the year, but not specifically for Christmas. I think I want to do more.

!x!dude!x!2
26-11-2013, 04:52 PM
We do give old clothing to the truck that comes by during the year, but not specifically for Christmas. I think I want to do more.

like what ?

compositeLegend
26-11-2013, 04:57 PM
like what ?

More volunteering and special donations. I know that a lot of the local department stores and churches have these Christmas Trees, where we can place presents underneath, that will go to more less fortunate people. I should consider that.

!x!dude!x!2
26-11-2013, 04:59 PM
More volunteering and special donations. I know that a lot of the local department stores and churches have these Christmas Trees, where we can place presents underneath, that will go to more less fortunate people. I should consider that.

even donating change you don't use helps out a lot

compositeLegend
26-11-2013, 05:03 PM
even donating change you don't use helps out a lot

Yes. I'd rather do something more direct though.

!x!dude!x!2
26-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Yes. I'd rather do something more direct though.

yes . try the shoe box idea like people talked about earlier

-:Undertaker:-
28-11-2013, 03:58 AM
Our household donates old stuff to the charity shop all year round so yeah. :)

ARTPOP
01-12-2013, 12:50 AM
no but i hope to do some charity work at xmas when i get older

Sian
01-12-2013, 10:10 AM
i've given money to a small charity this year, one that helps to give the homeless somewhere to live for the week of xmas. Though if I get a lot of chocolate this year, i'll probably give it away (if it's what they want) never eat it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!