PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving on .com?

Dessi
25-11-2013, 04:41 AM
I know there's been alot of events recently, most recent being the Dr. Who campaign, but has anyone seen anything about Thanksgiving on habbo yet?

If they're choosing not to notice it due to it being an American based holiday (and let's face it, habbo staff intentionally choose to ignore the American userbase a good majority of the time), isn't it considered a bit offensive?

Sandoo
25-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Was it offensive when they ignored Canadian Thanksgiving too? No, this is just how Habbo is now, there's no consistency in appealing to countries outside the UK.

Daltron
25-11-2013, 06:15 AM
If they're choosing not to notice it due to it being an American based holiday (and let's face it, habbo staff intentionally choose to ignore the American userbase a good majority of the time), isn't it considered a bit offensive?

They essentially ignore everything going on outside the UK except for the national holiday of major countries which they polled for earlier this year.

Don't take it too hard, they don't just ignore Americans, they ignore most other countries too.

As mentioned above, they consistently ignore everyone, they don't specifically set out to ignore Americans.

Samantha
25-11-2013, 06:37 AM
They're doing something for it, check my latest thread on upcoming campaigns.

goofyjadico
25-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Has habbo ever done anything Thanksgiving related?

jorsian
25-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Since the merge there has been a noticeable preference towards UK users. Most of the userbase appears to be from the UK these days, but it would still be nice for them to acknowledge other cultures too.

Explorator
25-11-2013, 11:04 PM
I don't think they completely ignore every country outside of the UK. They did something last year, I think.

They don't make a huge deal out of it because maybe the US playerbase is a fraction of the UK.

xxMATTGxx
25-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Didn't they do some sort of Black Friday things a few years ago? I might have dreamt that though.

Inseriousity.
25-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Strange, I always thought they were fairly US-centred although its been a while since I've been on. Tbh it seems to me that it's more about community events where it's not run by Habbo itself so that'd explain the lack of event if no-one stepped up and said hey I got an event for thanksgiving.

Sandoo
26-11-2013, 01:10 AM
There seems to be some confusion on how everyone's been represented since the merge:

Right after the merge we saw a fair balance between NA/UK/SG/AU in terms of staff distribution and event times etc. and the hotel managers were Puffin (CA), SmoothCriminal (US) and Fozzie (AU). As staff from the SG and AU offices were fired that Oceanic section of the market began getting significantly less attention and it really ended when Fozzie left. Then with Puffin taking charge the attention was mainly on the CA/US market, times were based in the EST time zone to suit Puffin who lives in Toronto. With the addition of Dionysus/Kitano and Neja taking on the hotel manager job alongside Puffin there was again a split focus on the UK/NA base. When Puffin got fired, then Sulake began hiring staff based in Madrid like powertoo and the focus has been primarily on the UK market (as well as staff from Sulake's London offices i.e. cowboystyle, who have been active on the hotel as well). The goals of equal representation post-merge have been long-gone.

MKR&*42
26-11-2013, 01:14 AM
Didn't they do some sort of Black Friday things a few years ago? I might have dreamt that though.

Ye bout 2 years ago i think it was just really cheep furni or something for a day.

Wow cheap*

Daltron
26-11-2013, 03:07 AM
There seems to be some confusion on how everyone's been represented since the merge:

Right after the merge we saw a fair balance between NA/UK/SG/AU in terms of staff distribution and event times etc. and the hotel managers were Puffin (CA), SmoothCriminal (US) and Fozzie (AU). As staff from the SG and AU offices were fired that Oceanic section of the market began getting significantly less attention and it really ended when Fozzie left. Then with Puffin taking charge the attention was mainly on the CA/US market, times were based in the EST time zone to suit Puffin who lives in Toronto. With the addition of Dionysus/Kitano and Neja taking on the hotel manager job alongside Puffin there was again a split focus on the UK/NA base. When Puffin got fired, then Sulake began hiring staff based in Madrid like powertoo and the focus has been primarily on the UK market (as well as staff from Sulake's London offices i.e. cowboystyle, who have been active on the hotel as well). The goals of equal representation post-merge have been long-gone.

Well said!

compositeLegend
26-11-2013, 04:55 AM

This clears things up so well. I always assumed that the majority of users and activity was US based. But are operations for the English speaking hotel currently based in the UK?
It's a shame that there is no more balance but it also kind of explains the amount of users online now. I noticed that only the maximum the hotel can get is like 2000-3000 but Habbo US used to have a maximum of 8000...

Aiden
26-11-2013, 08:21 PM
I think they do equal amounts for the amount of users... isnt there more Au than Us?

Michael
26-11-2013, 08:33 PM
This clears things up so well. I always assumed that the majority of users and activity was US based. But are operations for the English speaking hotel currently based in the UK?
It's a shame that there is no more balance but it also kind of explains the amount of users online now. I noticed that only the maximum the hotel can get is like 2000-3000 but Habbo US used to have a maximum of 8000...

Operations for the English speaking hotel are currently based in the User Care Center in Madrid, Spain.

Tyrell
28-11-2013, 10:23 PM
there's a bloody awful thanksgiving quest now

happy?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!