PDA

View Full Version : Regional Subforums

Daltron
25-11-2013, 11:28 AM
I just had an idea. I am not actively campaigning for or against this (Although I think it would be neat), I am curious what others think.

What if there was a forum section called 'Regional Discussion' and within this there could be subsections per continent or region of the world ie. UK Discussion, US Discussion, SG Discussion, AU Discussion.

And in these subsections users could post about stuff happening on a domestic level. Events, weather, stuff in the news specific to that region. For example it would be silly for me to post about a freak storm in Sydney in the general section because no one would care to be honest, but if an AU discussion subforum existed it could cluster the AU users who may be interested. Just one example.

What are your thoughts? Pros and Cons? Good or bad idea?

edit: I mean subforums not forms in the poll

scottish
25-11-2013, 11:44 AM
No point, there's already forums for section (current affairs, etc or general discussion). Having UK only news, AU only news etc would be pointless when it can all be put in 1 section.

If there's a freak storm in Sydney then i'm sure there'd be a post in current affairs (depending on severity), if not then it could go in general disc.

If you posted it in general disc then the AU people would still care, I doubt they'll care more because it's in the AU only section.

Bad idea imho, just pointless really.

lawrawrrr
25-11-2013, 11:48 AM
I don't think they'll get much individual use. Don't see people talking about really region specific things, and if they do, then they're global issues so everyone joins in anyway - if you posted, for example, the Sydney freak storm thing then Aussie users might still read it and get involved. The forum's not ridiculously busy at the moment so it's hardly going to get lost.

No one would care to be honest, but if an AU discussion subforum existed it could cluster the AU users who may be interested

But those AU users would be interested in the first instance too?

FlyingJesus
25-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Can't really see any benefit coming from it tbh, will just divide the forum even more and cause certain areas to look completely dead. A nice thought but not one that'll be of use on this particular board

ihatehash
25-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Well something has to be done on this website regarding the international side. I think habbox should be doing everything it can to cater to non-uk users as habbox still gives off the vibe that it is 'uk fansite'

Empired
25-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Well something has to be done on this website regarding the international side. I think habbox should be doing everything it can to cater to non-uk users as habbox still gives off the vibe that it is 'uk fansite'
And you're suggesting we do this by actively splitting international users from UK users?

I don't think this is a good idea but it's nice to see that people are actually trying to come up with ideas to get international users more interested.

Reality
25-11-2013, 09:04 PM
I don't think the forum will get use as Scottish said the forum Current affairs is already active and has partial use anyway, adding more forums like this would not get any use!

ihatehash
25-11-2013, 09:11 PM
And you're suggesting we do this by actively splitting international users from UK users?

I don't think this is a good idea but it's nice to see that people are actually trying to come up with ideas to get international users more interested.

Sorry no, that's not what I meant. I would like to see habbox make an actual transition from being uk based to an international website.

Kardan
25-11-2013, 09:12 PM
We shouldn't create sub-forums that are limited to specific people.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry no, that's not what I meant. I would like to see habbox make an actual transition from being uk based to an international website.

In what way is Habbox not an international website?

ihatehash
25-11-2013, 09:16 PM
We shouldn't create sub-forums that are limited to specific people.

- - - Updated - - -

In what way is Habbox not an international website?
Habbox is still clearly a uk based fansite. hxl is often offline during au/na peak times, events are usually only on at uk times, almost all managers are uk based. My friends on habbo when I say something to them about habbox they often say "oh that is that british site."

scottish
25-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Habbox is still clearly a uk based fansite. hxl is often offline during au/na peak times, events are usually only on at uk times, almost all managers are uk based. My friends on habbo when I say something to them about habbox they often say "oh that is that british site."

you're an EO, start hosting events at non UK times?

xxMATTGxx
25-11-2013, 09:37 PM

Can I ask how creating regional sub-forums would make that any better? None of the forums are specifically aimed at one region (UK for example). They are open for all regions around the world. Why I agree the international side of Habbox can improve, as everything can always be improved I personally don't believe this idea would do anything for it.

Kardan
25-11-2013, 10:11 PM

I can't comment about HxL since I never use it, and events aren't usually at UK times, since there's usually hardly any events anyway.

Having managers being UK based isn't a problem... Managers aren't required to be online 24/7.

karter
26-11-2013, 06:46 AM
nah i'd be left out lmao

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!