PDA

View Full Version : Pottermore

-:Undertaker:-
27-11-2013, 05:35 AM
Er yeah I signed up the other day and basically it's the official Harry Potter site that JK Rowling set up so it's not just guesswork. ANYWAY I wondered if anyone else had been on - I don't really get it myself - but I did wonder what school house and wands those who signed up were allocated. Basically you are asked to fill in details and answer questions (which I am guessing JK Rowling set) truthfully which determine both the wand and the house you get.

Quite chuffed that I got into Gryffindor and my wand is.. Aspen, (13 1/4 in) with a Phoenix Core and it's "reasonably supple" - you have to complete the game to find out what all that means as there's apparently tens of thousands of types of wands you can be given depending on what questions you answer etc.

Oh hang on, just found a wiki for pottermore and chuffed against that I got the phoenix core which apparently is one of the rarest - http://pottermore.wikia.com/wiki/Wand_Cores#Phoenix_Feather along with what it says about aspen being used..

Wand-quality aspen wood is white and fine-grained, and highly prized by all wand-makers for its stylish resemblance to ivory and its usually outstanding charmwork. The proper owner of the aspen wand is often an accomplished duellist, or destined to be so, for the aspen wand is one of those particularly suited to martial magic. An infamous and secretive eighteenth-century duelling club, which called itself The Silver Spears, was reputed to admit only those who owned aspen wands. In my experience, aspen wand owners are generally strong-minded and determined, more likely than most to be attracted by quests and new orders; this is a wand for revolutionaries.

So i'd kick Voldemort's arse.

So yeah, what about you? Post what your house and wands are made of and post also (if you want) what it says about it on the Pottermore wiki .. God do I wish the Magical World was real. :(

Aiden
27-11-2013, 07:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/s7jYA3R.png

Kardan
27-11-2013, 07:47 AM
I can't remember the wand I got off the top of my head, but my house is Ravenclaw which is perfect for me :D

wixard
27-11-2013, 10:32 AM
i forget my wand but it was one of the largest sizes!

my house was ravenclaw

AgnesIO
27-11-2013, 10:50 AM
I have an account, but never really got the.. point? :L

Might try it again.

-:Undertaker:-
28-11-2013, 01:57 AM
I can't remember the wand I got off the top of my head, but my house is Ravenclaw which is perfect for me :D

i forget my wand but it was one of the largest sizes!

my house was ravenclaw

I would have placed/guessed you both in Ravenclaw too. :P

FlyingJesus
28-11-2013, 02:06 AM
No idea about the wand since I did this back in beta and then got bored of it very quickly (not much to do on it really tbh) but I was obv Slytherin

Inseriousity.
28-11-2013, 09:49 PM
I liked finding out the new information and backstory (McGonagall, Lupin, Lockhart omg) but realised you can just find it all on a wiki so stopped bothering. I'd always forget what my username was cos they're such dumb names

FlyingJesus
28-11-2013, 09:55 PM
I'd put all of you in Hufflepuff

Zelda
30-11-2013, 02:35 PM
cant remember what wand i was but got into ravenclaw which i thought was exactly what i'd get into so :)

ARTPOP
30-11-2013, 02:59 PM
played it lyk once its so borin

Samantha
30-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I've always thought that if I was going to be in a Hogwart's house it will be Hufflepuff and I was right :D. Also got a unicorn core wand.

Mikey
30-11-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm really disappointed in Pottermore, would of thought it would have been so much better than it is. I used it when it first came out for a while and once last week and got bored after 5-10 minutes of using it. :(

Daltron
02-12-2013, 02:10 AM
This is the wand they gave me after the questions!!

"SYCAMORE WITH PHOENIX FEATHER CORE, TEN AND THREE QUARTER INCHES, HARD" idk what that means

and it put me in house ravenclaw

dana1099
02-12-2013, 02:47 AM
i dont really get it much at all..

Sloths
04-12-2013, 05:11 AM
I was one of those joined on first day in beta who had to find them golden feathers, anyone else do that? But I was extremely disappointed with it...
Just logged in after forgetting my name but WitchQuaffle3 - Hufflepuff - 11 3/4in Rowan wood with Phoenix Feather, slightly springy.

Ekelektra
08-12-2013, 11:31 AM
My wand is 12 1/4 in rowan wood, unicorn core, and slightly yielding flexibility.

And then I was sorted into Slytherin which I wasn't really expecting.

FlyingJesus
08-12-2013, 08:43 PM
I was one of those joined on first day in beta who had to find them golden feathers, anyone else do that? But I was extremely disappointed with it...
Just logged in after forgetting my name but WitchQuaffle3 - Hufflepuff - 11 3/4in Rowan wood with Phoenix Feather, slightly springy.

Yeah I did and was instantly disappointed, think I've logged on like 3 times ever

also lol Hufflepuff loser

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!