PDA

View Full Version : Portable/External Hard Drive

Mr-Trainor
30-11-2013, 09:40 PM
So I need to get an external hard drive, and THIS (http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/data-storage/hard-drives/portable-external-hard-drives/seagate-backupplus-stdr1000203-portable-hard-drive-1-tb-red-21812045-pdt.html)is the one I think I'm going to get but just wanted to know if that sounds like a good option or if anyone thinks that's a bad option to go for? (Never bought one before :P).

Wish their website would let you c+p.. but it mentions being able to use between PC and Mac interchangeably without needing to format, so I could have both PC and Mac files backed up on to it, right?

xxMATTGxx
01-12-2013, 11:45 AM
So I need to get an external hard drive, and THIS (http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/data-storage/hard-drives/portable-external-hard-drives/seagate-backupplus-stdr1000203-portable-hard-drive-1-tb-red-21812045-pdt.html)is the one I think I'm going to get but just wanted to know if that sounds like a good option or if anyone thinks that's a bad option to go for? (Never bought one before :P).

Wish their website would let you c+p.. but it mentions being able to use between PC and Mac interchangeably without needing to format, so I could have both PC and Mac files backed up on to it, right?

Yeah you should be able to put files from your Windows and Mac system on it without any problems.

Jack!
01-12-2013, 11:06 PM
You can do that with any Hard-drive as long as its formatted with FAT32, Means no files larger then 4GB But you can use it on PC and Mac, I do it with mine for uni.

Mr-Trainor
03-12-2013, 09:53 AM
You can do that with any Hard-drive as long as its formatted with FAT32, Means no files larger then 4GB But you can use it on PC and Mac, I do it with mine for uni.
Oo didn't know that because when I looked at another hard drive it said something like 'can be reformatted to use for Mac' so I assumed you couldn't. But anyway I bought the one in OP and it seems to work well :).
+rep to both of you!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!