PDA

View Full Version : TOM DALEY IS GAY

sex
02-12-2013, 10:39 AM
He just came out I read but dating someone :@@@@

Someone post article I'm on phone
Didn't he deny being gay and say there will never be a coming out like a few months ago

ANYWAYS IT WAS OBVIOUS HE IS
NOW I CAN GAVE HIM

mrwoooooooo
02-12-2013, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJwJnoB9EKw

wixard
02-12-2013, 10:48 AM
it's about time!!!!!

such a shame though, at this rate every good looking boy on this planet will be a gay

-:Undertaker:-
02-12-2013, 10:49 AM
I am hungover and this is the best post-hangover news ever.

I'm really glad that me and Tom decided to go public at last.

karter
02-12-2013, 11:02 AM
three or possibly four people in the world were surprised by this news

BigtimeRyan
02-12-2013, 11:09 AM
In Spanish class like an hour ago we were describing celebrities. Him and Jessica ennis and he was just gay gay gay. This isn't a surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Kardan
02-12-2013, 11:39 AM
WHAT THE HELL?

I DIDN'T SEE THIS ONE COMING AT ALL.

Nice one, -:Undertaker:-; you pretty much talked about this yesterday :P

Yawn
02-12-2013, 12:08 PM
he looks ugly in that vid

this so unshocking its awkward. every1 knew b4 he did. and he said he still fancies girls BYE!

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't he deny being gay and say there will never be a coming out like a few months ago
he say that wat made him him make this vid cos he was misquoted

Yawn
02-12-2013, 01:06 PM
hihihi

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bae12ztCQAEBoMP.jpg

perhaps THE gayest picture i seen of him. bless him he is so sweet im v happy for him

buttons
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
doesn't he say he's bi lol ?? then again known loads of ppl come out as bi then eventually just say gay..

Special
02-12-2013, 01:39 PM
he's bi

GommeInc
02-12-2013, 02:54 PM
... people thought he was straight? Seems a bit attention-seeky but, meh. Good I guess? Can't say I'm overly keen on him as an individual, I find him a bit arrogant but his fan base (which seems to mostly be gay men) will be happy.

In my mind I have a famous quote from Patsy Stone and Edina Monsoon in Absolutely Fabulous. "There's no class from people these days... I will just keep my mouth zipped *zips up mouth*" "Oh but you will do the interview with Hello! magazine?" " *unzips mouth*Phwoar, yeah."

Shar
02-12-2013, 02:56 PM
I thought this was public knowledge anyway. Good for him.

Ardemax
02-12-2013, 04:26 PM
doesn't he say he's bi lol ?? then again known loads of ppl come out as bi then eventually just say gay..

Yeah, he says he still fancies girls too. So yeah.

Aiden
02-12-2013, 04:33 PM
i found out today in dance haha

Jurv
02-12-2013, 04:37 PM
good on him! hashtag respect

Yawn
02-12-2013, 04:55 PM
... people thought he was straight? Seems a bit attention-seeky but, meh. Good I guess? Can't say I'm overly keen on him as an individual, I find him a bit arrogant but his fan base (which seems to mostly be gay men) will be happy.

In my mind I have a famous quote from Patsy Stone and Edina Monsoon in Absolutely Fabulous. "There's no class from people these days... I will just keep my mouth zipped *zips up mouth*" "Oh but you will do the interview with Hello! magazine?" " *unzips mouth*Phwoar, yeah."

but he made a utube video.. he didnt sell the story

he specifically said he didnt want to do a magazine deal or interview in his video :S

Inseriousity.
02-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Early christmas pressie for lots of gay men across the country lol

AgnesIO
02-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Least surprising news of the year.

e5
02-12-2013, 05:12 PM
He said he's dating a guy but of course he still fancies girl, so i'm assuming he's bi.

I think everyone knew although I didn't exactly pay attention to his life so I never thought about his sexuality, nor am I interested.

Chris
02-12-2013, 05:16 PM
I imagine it must have been an incredibly hard thing to do so good on him!

Futz
02-12-2013, 07:07 PM
tom daley being straight would be news to me

ARTPOP
02-12-2013, 07:21 PM
another celeb pulling a massive stunt! i find it great! since all the attention he was getting about the olympics is over.. it might just so increase his calendar sales! smart move

sex
02-12-2013, 07:39 PM
another celeb pulling a massive stunt! i find it great! since all the attention he was getting about the olympics is over.. it might just so increase his calendar sales! smart move

what to appearances in gay bars :s hardly
not everyone does stuff for attention unlike SOME people

MKR&*42
02-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Or maybe he just came out to take the weight off his mind and not actually for attention? :L

xxMATTGxx
02-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Or maybe he just came out to take the weight off his mind and not actually for attention? :L

And to do it before the newspapers and other media outlets see him with his partner and post a load of crap? Well done to him though.

Yawn
02-12-2013, 07:52 PM
:rolleyes:
because the attention he will get from this was worth disappointing some of his family
because it didnt take a lot of guts and courage for him to not only come out to his family but the whole world

Jurv
02-12-2013, 07:59 PM
i hate how something like this is made a big deal out of, it's so irrelevant

Yawn
02-12-2013, 08:06 PM
and i agree cameron its pretty sad that some1s sexuality makes headline news

idk y but it just seems a bit weird......it's not something that should matter that much
its stupid that im saying this cos i ran into the thread but still

GommeInc
02-12-2013, 08:18 PM
but he made a utube video.. he didnt sell the story

he specifically said he didnt want to do a magazine deal or interview in his video :S
Never said I did :/

Anyway,
I can't believe this is in the news, I thought it was just gossip but it's actually hit the mainstream news :/ I can see why a lot of gay men are saying that sexual inequality is still rife as ever, referencing when Elton John came out. He's bisexual/gay, sexuality ought not to mean anything these days but it still seems to mean a lot.

Quite a lot of educated individuals (professors in sexual equality being one type) are saying it's a load of rubbish that it's a step in the right direction. They're trouncing the rumours that it will make teenagers feel more comfortable with themselves. If anything, it's adding extra pressure because they will not get the same amount of support as Tom Daley. He's had the rainbow parade pretty much waiting for this moment in similar fashion to waiting for the white smoke coming out of the Sistine Chapel confirming his sexuality, while uninterested people are finding this as fascinating as finding out the Pope is catholic.

and i agree cameron its pretty sad that some1s sexuality makes headline news

idk y but it just seems a bit weird......it's not something that should matter that much
its stupid that im saying this cos i ran into the thread but still
Agreed, it is very weird. Someone's sexuality shouldn't be that interesting. It seems kind of offensive and backwards.

That's strangely one of the rumours. He was pretty much in hiding since the Olympics only appearing every now and again. It does seem as though he only did it now instead of earlier because of this sudden silence and lack of interest in his life :P That said, given how there was a lot of interest in Russia's "hate the gays" legislation recently, it does seem like it could be the right time. Depends how you want to look at it.

Yawn
02-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Never said I did :/

Anyway,
I can't believe this is in the news, I thought it was just gossip but it's actually hit the mainstream news :/ I can see why a lot of gay men are saying that sexual inequality is still rife as ever, referencing when Elton John came out. He's bisexual/gay, sexuality ought not to mean anything these days but it still seems to mean a lot.

Quite a lot of educated individuals (professors in sexual equality being one type) are saying it's a load of rubbish that it's a step in the right direction. They're trouncing the rumours that it will make teenagers feel more comfortable with themselves. If anything, it's adding extra pressure because they will not get the same amount of support as Tom Daley. He's had the rainbow parade pretty much waiting for this moment in similar fashion to waiting for the white smoke coming out of the Sistine Chapel confirming his sexuality, while uninterested people are finding this as fascinating as finding out the Pope is catholic.

Agreed, it is very weird. Someone's sexuality shouldn't be that interesting. It seems kind of offensive and backwards.

That's strangely one of the rumours. He was pretty much in hiding since the Olympics only appearing every now and again. It does seem as though he only did it now instead of earlier because of this sudden silence and lack of interest in his life :P That said, given how there was a lot of interest in Russia's "hate the gays" legislation recently, it does seem like it could be the right time. Depends how you want to look at it.

thought u were implying that with the hello magazine quote

but yes it is a bit backwards thats a gd word...hyping it up this much when it shouldnt be a big deal and its not supposed to be a big deal any more. we'll never get to a point in society where homosexuality is "normal" if when some1 comes out its a massive news story :/ :\ :/

GommeInc
02-12-2013, 08:34 PM
thought u were implying that with the hello magazine quote

but yes it is a bit backwards thats a gd word...hyping it up this much when it shouldnt be a big deal and its not supposed to be a big deal any more. we'll never get to a point in society where homosexuality is "normal" if when some1 comes out its a massive news story :/ :\ :/
That was just a sub-rant that reminded me of what was happening :P It was hinting it was because he had gone quiet recently and did this to remind people he still exists :P

Society needs to learn that sexuality shouldn't mean anything. If someone was to say "Oh he's gay" the correct response should be "Uh huh, that's nice" or that's what I tend to do these days. Sexuality holds no value in my eyes, I just go by how nice someone is and base my opinions from that. It's a bit pathetic really, especially media companies that should be more informative rather than report salacious gossip.

cornbix
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
wasn't this obvious http://exhalecdn.breatheheavy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smokney2.gif

Daltron
07-12-2013, 12:11 PM
I assume that for publicity reasons he was probably told there is a certain point where it would be okay for him to come out and not overly affect his career, as when he was just coming to fame his management probably wanted him to stay in the closet whilst he developed a public identity (if it was even up for discussion when he was a few years younger).

Good on him for finally going ahead with it and letting the world know. Much respect for him and the way he has handled it all!

dirrty
07-12-2013, 01:11 PM
and the sky is blue

iBlueBox
07-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Good for him,

but isn' he dating someone who is like 39, double his age... ew.

Demi
07-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Who cares?
It's not big news.

People be people, no matter on sexuality :)

GommeInc
08-12-2013, 01:35 PM
That interview on Jonathan Ross last night was awful. Why did he have to explain himself? It's Elton John all over again... So the United Kingdom hasn't changed much since 1988, if someone's sexuality must be so scrutinised by the media and the press :P I felt sorry for him, although at the same time I think it's pretty stupid he's done exactly what he said he wouldn't do in his video and that's go to the media with it to talk about his sexuality. There are loads of men in same sex relationships, it's not a big deal any more. I'm sure Daley won't do anything extraordinarily different in his gay relationship than the countless millions who are in one too.

As I told a friend (we have literally nothing better to talk about other than how backwards this country is sometimes): "Sexuality ought not to mean anything in this day and age. Those hungrily waiting for him to come out reminded me of the anticipation felt by people waiting for the smoke to turn from black to white from the Sistine Chapel, while those with better things to worry about looked at all of this with the same care as hearing "The Pope's Catholic.""

mrwoooooooo
08-12-2013, 02:43 PM
That interview on Jonathan Ross last night was awful. Why did he have to explain himself? It's Elton John all over again... So the United Kingdom hasn't changed much since 1988, if someone's sexuality must be so scrutinised by the media and the press :P I felt sorry for him, although at the same time I think it's pretty stupid he's done exactly what he said he wouldn't do in his video and that's go to the media with it to talk about his sexuality. There are loads of men in same sex relationships, it's not a big deal any more. I'm sure Daley won't do anything extraordinarily different in his gay relationship than the countless millions who are in one too.

As I told a friend (we have literally nothing better to talk about other than how backwards this country is sometimes): "Sexuality ought not to mean anything in this day and age. Those hungrily waiting for him to come out reminded me of the anticipation felt by people waiting for the smoke to turn from black to white from the Sistine Chapel, while those with better things to worry about looked at all of this with the same care as hearing "The Pope's Catholic.""

It's a publicity stunt for the second series of splash. The timing was too coincidental

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yawn
08-12-2013, 05:55 PM
yes nearly FIVE freaking weeks b4 the start of splash SO coincidental

-:Undertaker:-
08-12-2013, 05:57 PM
The rumours are that he was jumped before he was pushed by a newspaper sting.

A diving gag I guess there, but yeah.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!