PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Vs Sony

Jordan3
05-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Okay, arguments here!

Personally I own all the consoles out right now, apart from PSP, which is the only Sony console I have never got.

One problem, many people now are complaining Sony is better. Now I just want you Sony fans to answer this one question....

How?

Magnet
05-09-2005, 07:01 PM
I had a Gamecube and traded it in as I didn't have many games andn eeded the money. I had an Xbox and traded that in as I didn't have much money. I have a PS2 and traded all games I didn't like, I won't trade that in as I have GTA games for that.

I have a DS and will never trade it in, I'm getting a 360, will most probably get a PSP for my birthday :D

I like Nintendo better though, I don't know why, I just do.

Jordan3
05-09-2005, 07:02 PM
For Christmas I will probably get a 360 and PSP.

Moose
05-09-2005, 07:02 PM
http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=79126

Jordan3
05-09-2005, 07:04 PM
What about it?

Magnet
05-09-2005, 07:05 PM
360 AND PSP?!?!??!?!?!!? You rich/

Jordan3
05-09-2005, 07:11 PM
No not really, me and my brother will get Xbox and loads of games between us as we share a room.

Flauvo
05-09-2005, 08:29 PM
havnt i already posted this thread?

ozzie-ing
05-09-2005, 08:43 PM
peoples arguments 4 sony r always well its got gta
And they cnt use tht 1 now
ds, xbox nd pc pwn all

RedMaggot
06-09-2005, 03:59 PM
This is a good topic... I like sony myself, I also have 50 xbox games ( I download them using a prog and pay 30pound a mth for unlimatired and only got for a mth)

Carlos
06-09-2005, 04:01 PM
This is a good topic... I like sony myself, I also have 50 xbox games ( I download them using a prog and pay 30pound a mth for unlimatired and only got for a mth)

What's xbox got to do with nintendo and sony? That's Microsoft lol :p

Biseinen
06-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Nintendo: Best feature of it's time so far: Snes (Sold most consoles for a Nintendo system, yes, even more than the N64! :p)

Sony: My best would be the playstation due to it's dillagent gaming abilities and just coolness. <3 But the most popular believe it or not was the Pocketstation released by Sony, it sold like 10 million in Japan and USA. x)

Azza
06-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Depends really what games you prefear.
Best to of played a recent nintendo + sony game 2 judge fairly :p

Nintendo are best 4 portables isay.
sony and nintendo r both good 4 consle though , depends rlly wat game im in to playing. At Mo im in final Fantasy and i only have plastation 1s :p

Charles
06-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Prefer Nintendo mainly. They've been around longer and are just ulitimately good.

Bear-Max
06-09-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't see how selling 10 million units makes it more popular than the PS2 :P Over 90 million units have been sold worldwide.

Besides, I thought the pocketstation was Japan exclusive?

Hmmm... While we're comparing Sony and Nintendo, how about we compare apples and oranges too?

I can't think of two more dissimilar companies who are in the same industry...

Charles
06-09-2005, 06:26 PM
I don't see how selling 10 million units makes it more popular than the PS2 :P Over 90 million units have been sold worldwide.

Besides, I thought the pocketstation was Japan exclusive?

Hmmm... While we're comparing Sony and Nintendo, how about we compare apples and oranges too?

I can't think of two more dissimilar companies who are in the same industry...
Apples! Lol..

Jordan3
07-09-2005, 07:02 AM
My first console was Playstation 1, and I love(d) it, but since the new wave of console [portable and home], I've bought Nintendo, and I rebought my N64. I got a NES, and I realised where gaming began. Don't get me wrong, Sony have some EXCELLENT ideas, but when it comes down to it for PS2, its about money, so they sold rights for GTA to Microsoft and Nintendo. That's where Nintendo have the edge, they have a lot of great games, exclusively. It's not often you can't find a game in the Gamecube chart without the "Only for Gamecube" sticker.

NekkLe
07-09-2005, 10:19 AM
I love these threads :p

Like someone said previously, if your looking at games then I think the PS2 owns. More games than the gamecube and better.

People are saying that Nintendo are better at making portables, hold it, the PSP is a new generation of its own. I think the Sony will sell more PSP's than Nintendo did with the DS. Hoenstly, I'm not really fondof the DS, graphics arn't too good, why they put in a Touch Screen? I don't know, I think this is its main feature? WOW!!!11
On a level though, Sony and Nintendo have battled it out for years now, its hard to make a decision on what is better. I think it also lies onto if your a serious gamer and how old you are.
Nintendo look to be marketing for ages 7 and up, which gives them a wide range of audience.
However, Sony, they'll make something spectaculer, sling it in your face and its either a buy or not.

Mr.Kylee
07-09-2005, 10:58 AM
I adore my ps2, the end!

Biseinen
07-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Bear, the Pocketstation was US and Japan only yeah, I got one imported though. xD Alot of epople did. O.O

Jordan3
07-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Sony has a more "cool" tag. If you want to look good, get a PS2/PSP. Nintendo consoles are normally stereotyped to "geeky" gamers, or people who prefer gameplay to graphics. That's why I get both their products ;P

Flauvo
07-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Technically "PocketStation" wasn't a gaming console.
It was a gadget that you plugged into the memory card slot on the PSX and it had a LCD screen and basically acted as a Memory Card.
SEGA also released one for the Dreamcast

Bear-Max
07-09-2005, 08:55 PM
I was just thinking the same thing... Further inspection on Google showed me that it was extremely small :l

Prejudice is a very bad thing ;)

Sank
08-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Hmm, I prefer nintendo, it has more 'fun' games than serious games.

Like PS's don't have Pokemon [Cry].

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!