PDA

View Full Version : Any Canadians working overseas?

Drewar
10-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Are there any Canadians on HxF that are working overseas in Europe? I'm looking in to moving to Ireland or England next year and I was wondering if anyone on here had any advice?

I'm also kind of interested in moving to Australia.

mrwoooooooo
10-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Are there any Canadians on HxF that are working overseas in Europe?

most probably not, unless wixard; counts,

wixard
10-12-2013, 06:49 PM
my advice is don't

OldLoveSong
10-12-2013, 07:13 PM
nope, what do you plan on working ?

Drewar
10-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Can you elaborate why not? wixard

wixard
10-12-2013, 07:27 PM
you'll assumably have a better quality of life in canada

it'll be a huge culture shock if you move on your own without any proper planning
with the money you could get for a decent place on your own in canada you'll have a tiny box room (double bed if youre lucky) living with 2-6 other people

super hard to get work over here etc

IceNineKills
10-12-2013, 11:03 PM
wouldnt bother coming to the uk, there's no jobs at all.

Metric1
11-12-2013, 05:31 AM
Working in the United States

Rachel
11-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Stay in Canada :P But moving is a big step no matter where you plan to go.

Daltron
11-12-2013, 08:57 AM
What sort of work?

-Moniquee.
11-12-2013, 12:24 PM
I want to go over to Europe and to work too :). Work and travel around. Would be so amazing.

P.S if you wanted to know more about working/ living in Australia Drew just message me x Drewar

Phil
11-12-2013, 01:18 PM
What type of work are you hoping to do? Not a lot over here tbh :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - www.habbox.com/comps

Drewar
13-12-2013, 09:48 PM
What type of work are you hoping to do? Not a lot over here tbh :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - www.habbox.com/comps

Anything, really. I have my Bachelor of Science in Biology and I'm going to start working on my certification as a personal trainer in January. I want to move there basically just to get some traveling done, but working while doing it. I'd be ok with working as a bartender or something like that if I can't find a science or fitness job.

you'll assumably have a better quality of life in canada

it'll be a huge culture shock if you move on your own without any proper planning
with the money you could get for a decent place on your own in canada you'll have a tiny box room (double bed if youre lucky) living with 2-6 other people

super hard to get work over here etc

Yeah I realize that you have to do proper planning, which is why I was asking on here for advice and I've also been talking to friends who have experienced it, and Googling of course.

I'm okay with living in a tiny, high priced place for a while. It's all part of being youthful and traveling.

It's hard to find work in Canada too, but I have a good resume and interview well ;)

Thanks for your input, though.

Phil
13-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Anything, really. I have my Bachelor of Science in Biology and I'm going to start working on my certification as a personal trainer in January. I want to move there basically just to get some traveling done, but working while doing it. I'd be ok with working as a bartender or something like that if I can't find a science or fitness job.

I honestly don't think here is the place them I'm afraid. If you're looking for travel and a possible fitness job, how about a cruise ship?

Drewar
13-12-2013, 09:55 PM
I honestly don't think here is the place them I'm afraid. If you're looking for travel and a possible fitness job, how about a cruise ship?

It's funny you should say that. One of my former professors actually recommended that to me the other day. I'll have to look in to cruise ship jobs. Not sure where to start looking though (guess Google would be a good guess).

wixard
13-12-2013, 09:56 PM
if you wanna just do bar work there's loads of it, if you wanna live in a big city like london though be prepared to spend over half your monthly wage on rent!

Phil
13-12-2013, 10:00 PM
It's funny you should say that. One of my former professors actually recommended that to me the other day. I'll have to look in to cruise ship jobs. Not sure where to start looking though (guess Google would be a good guess).

http://www.allcruisejobs.com/sport-fitness-jobs/
http://cruiseplacement.com/html/hot_job.htm#

There's something to get your mind thinking! How old are you?

Blinger
16-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Australia is dead simple to get a job. Heck, you can work in a major chain (Coles/woolies) easily. Only problem is on a tourist visa(?) You can only stay somewhere legally for 6 months before needing a new job.
Aussies are lazy,we call in sick or swap shifts all the time so if you're dedicated and pull your finger out you'll be fine.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!