PDA

View Full Version : School Rant

whoeful
10-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Ok so last year in year 7 I was bullied pretty bad, pushed around, hit, verbal abuse and it caused me to have
anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, etc. Everyday I told my head of year, literally I got my mum to phone up everyday well i sat there crying my eyes out but school did nothing, they told them to stop, literally it.
It got to around about 6 month of me being bullied badly and these girls that were doing it they were given
detentions each BUT I was threatened with isolation if I report anyone to school again, that really annoyed me.So since school did nothing, I had no confidence it was like a trap, I couldn't do a thing about it. Its gotten to year 8 now and I've had the odd hate off people now and then but this one girl recently has angered me with her lies, calling me stuff, calling my friends stuff and because I cant report people i went up to her on Monday
and asked her to shut up and to stop. She stood there laughing so i said 'i stg if you dont shut up ill slap you', the bell went :/
ITS GOTTEN TO TODAY AND IVE GONE UP TO HER CAUSE SHES SAID MORE STUFF AND IVE SAID 'SHUT UP NOW YOU MUPPET IM TIRED OF YOU' AND SHES TOLD ME TO *REMOVED* OFF SO I SAID 'SAY THAT ONE MORE TIME AND ILL LITERALLY SLAP YOU' SO SHE DID AND I SLAPPED HER AND IVE BEEN EXCLUDED BUT THATS NOT
FAIR BECAUSE ALL THE TIMES I REPORTED SOMEONE THEY NEVER GOT PUNISHED LIKE THAT IM LITERALLY SO CONFUSED WITH THE SCHOOL SYSTEM EITHER WAY I END UP IN ISOLATION OR PUNISHED WHAT A JOKE.

Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter!
Moved by Dilusionate (Forum Moderator): From "Discuss Anything" as it's more suited and you may get more help

Aiden
10-12-2013, 05:43 PM
School's are generally really bad with helping people and dealing with difficult situations. Consider moving schools if you're really upset a lot.

karter
10-12-2013, 05:51 PM
my school counsellor uses the phrase "grow up" for kids who are bullied, if that's not ****** up idk what is

whoeful
10-12-2013, 05:52 PM
School's are generally really bad with helping people and dealing with difficult situations. Consider moving schools if you're really upset a lot.
no other school will accept me

- - - Updated - - -

my school counsellor uses the phrase "grow up" for kids who are bullied, if that's not ****** up idk what is

thats a ******* joke

Zelda
10-12-2013, 06:50 PM
i used to get bullied a lot when i was in like year 7/8 too because i pretty much hid my true personality to try and fit but all i ended up doing was being even more weird (also to try hide who i really was cause was petrified of being gay etc and actually managed to hide that for some many years even from myself lol). i would like complain all the time but nothing got done about it really, and then i kicked one of them cause i got fed up with it and i got a friday detention and i was just like really pissed off cause nothing ever happened with anything i said about these people before. It got better eventually over time though as i just became tougher and just was myself instead of being weird lol

I hope it gets better for you though, just bare through it and by the sounds of it you have friends at least which is more then i had, and that will really be one of the best things for getting through it i suppose

MKR&*42
10-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Not shocking, schools do incredibly poorly in regards to bullying - look at the American schools and how they're portrayed (stuff like "Freshman friday" and all that jazz) and it's nearly that bad (can be that bad) over here.

Quite simply if I was a teacher and caught anyone doing such a thing in my class I'd throw them out into a room on their own for as long as I could (probably laws against that but hey). Doesn't help the fact schools physically can't be as tough on kids anymore - heck if a teacher even hugs you I would imagine you could try get them fired for some bizarre reason.

Back to topic, it's unfair and it does suck and ik how it feels but there's not a lot that can be done considering the shambolic attitude towards bullying in schools :(

buttons
10-12-2013, 07:03 PM
unfortunately most schools seem to be rubbish at dealing with bullies, it's a case of having to live through the ordeal until you or the others leave. i was in the same position but my god do i wish i defended myself and hit them. how old are you? are you able to go to college instead to do your subjects?Its important to not feel down about the way you were treated, make it a fresh start. you do still get bullying at colleges/uni/work but they seem to stamp down on bullying and be more supporting than schools, in my experience at least.

teachers at my school let off the main group of bullies all the time, like they were scared of them lol they would give the bullies rewards for being good or ask them how they were feeling, how is their home life which is fair enough but the victim is often left to the side. my mum threatened to go to the council over how rubbish our headmaster was at dealing with bullying and they began to pay more attention to me after that but it was basically give me a room to hide in at lunchtime from them, instead of punishing them. he was sacked not long ago over plenty complaints.

i know it's not fair for you to be punished but you can't expect to assault someone and not be punished (the ones assaulting you were prob a group of people who the teachers are too scared to punish). regardless of what path you take, understand that it is likely not a fault with u that was the reason for bullying & in future you hopefully won't be around these people. in my experience it does get better as u get older :/ they're not so tough on their own.

Gina
10-12-2013, 07:46 PM
oo ohdear miss annie :( my school are pretty bad with bullies as well like i've been bullied before but wasn't that bad and it was by all the "popular" girls so doesn't really surprise me but luckily for me they just gave up :P but last year my friend was getting bullied but it was awfulllllllll but she refused to talk to someone about it but she was lit getting so upset about it so i told osmeone for her and they were like og ok and said they'll pull her out of class to speak to her.. so a few months later it got to the summer and they hadnt even spoken to her (does that make sense what) so then when we came back after the summer holidays they just said it was too late to deal with even though it was still going on.. bit idk lazy
oh and same as jen, the teachers alwayssssssss let off all the bullies, but silly but i can see why
aw but yeh i know it isnt fair but you did slap someone :( excluded is a bit much though om my friend got in an argument and two girls slapped her and one girl ended up having a fight with her like a cat fight but they only got warnings??? not even on report or anything like hayden said tho it sucks that they wont do anything om really unfair deffo but listen to jen, she is a wise one

regardless of what path you take, understand that it is likely not a fault with u that was the reason for bullying & in future you hopefully won't be around these people. in my experience it does get better as u get older :/ they're not so tough on their own.

Yawn
10-12-2013, 08:07 PM
heck dont let it drop, u and ur parents need to push.
if they want to give u a formal warning protest it, say u wont do it!!!
no way in hell should u be pushed to the point of having to physically defend urself and hit some1 and then be excluded for it when they have physically abused u countless times b4. thats ridiculous.
speak to some1 even higher up. the council like jen said, email the school govenors.
umm reach out to ur teachers and ask them to try and tackle the issue and speak to who they can.
also i think it is important to not only fight for urself but make the issue about bullying as a whole. speak on behalf of all students in ur school!!!!

ur schools actions r clearly inappropriate and wrong so dont let them scare u with warnings and get ur parents to be persistent as well. as u have been excluded im sure u will be in further talks with teachers and such so u should use this as an opportunity to not only fight their threats of warnings and say that they r completely inappropriate but to try and make them actively stop wat is going on!

this upsets me cos i read this HORRIBLE story not that long ago and the story is so similar :'(
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2483851/Izzy-Dixs-mother-gives-heart-rending-interview.html

!:random!:!
10-12-2013, 08:14 PM
sounds like my school -.- tbh if they have threatened you with isolation if you report someone one more time then its out off order! however id just ignore the people, i did it before when i was in year 7 and after a month they moved on to someone else. bullies like it when you give them attention they thrive on it so just ignore them if they don't get what they want they will just leave.
by the way don't do what you did again cause it will look bad on your CV when your older :)

whoeful
10-12-2013, 08:49 PM
i used to get bullied a lot when i was in like year 7/8 too because i pretty much hid my true personality to try and fit but all i ended up doing was being even more weird (also to try hide who i really was cause was petrified of being gay etc and actually managed to hide that for some many years even from myself lol). i would like complain all the time but nothing got done about it really, and then i kicked one of them cause i got fed up with it and i got a friday detention and i was just like really pissed off cause nothing ever happened with anything i said about these people before. It got better eventually over time though as i just became tougher and just was myself instead of being weird lol

I hope it gets better for you though, just bare through it and by the sounds of it you have friends at least which is more then i had, and that will really be one of the best things for getting through it i suppose

thank you so much, im so glad youre being yourself though!!! aw

- - - Updated - - -

Not shocking, schools do incredibly poorly in regards to bullying - look at the American schools and how they're portrayed (stuff like "Freshman friday" and all that jazz) and it's nearly that bad (can be that bad) over here.

Quite simply if I was a teacher and caught anyone doing such a thing in my class I'd throw them out into a room on their own for as long as I could (probably laws against that but hey). Doesn't help the fact schools physically can't be as tough on kids anymore - heck if a teacher even hugs you I would imagine you could try get them fired for some bizarre reason.

Back to topic, it's unfair and it does suck and ik how it feels but there's not a lot that can be done considering the shambolic attitude towards bullying in schools :(

schools are so stupid tbh they expect you to go to a place where you dont feel comfortable

unfortunately most schools seem to be rubbish at dealing with bullies, it's a case of having to live through the ordeal until you or the others leave. i was in the same position but my god do i wish i defended myself and hit them. how old are you? are you able to go to college instead to do your subjects?Its important to not feel down about the way you were treated, make it a fresh start. you do still get bullying at colleges/uni/work but they seem to stamp down on bullying and be more supporting than schools, in my experience at least.

teachers at my school let off the main group of bullies all the time, like they were scared of them lol they would give the bullies rewards for being good or ask them how they were feeling, how is their home life which is fair enough but the victim is often left to the side. my mum threatened to go to the council over how rubbish our headmaster was at dealing with bullying and they began to pay more attention to me after that but it was basically give me a room to hide in at lunchtime from them, instead of punishing them. he was sacked not long ago over plenty complaints.

i know it's not fair for you to be punished but you can't expect to assault someone and not be punished (the ones assaulting you were prob a group of people who the teachers are too scared to punish). regardless of what path you take, understand that it is likely not a fault with u that was the reason for bullying & in future you hopefully won't be around these people. in my experience it does get better as u get older :/ they're not so tough on their own. Im actually only 13 so i cant really move to a uni ahaha but yeah i deserve the consequences its just annoyed me how other students dont get the same, i go to the most improved school in leeds so if i went to the council i doubt they'd do a thing but thanks for the help!! :)

oo ohdear miss annie :( my school are pretty bad with bullies as well like i've been bullied before but wasn't that bad and it was by all the "popular" girls so doesn't really surprise me but luckily for me they just gave up :P but last year my friend was getting bullied but it was awfulllllllll but she refused to talk to someone about it but she was lit getting so upset about it so i told osmeone for her and they were like og ok and said they'll pull her out of class to speak to her.. so a few months later it got to the summer and they hadnt even spoken to her (does that make sense what) so then when we came back after the summer holidays they just said it was too late to deal with even though it was still going on.. bit idk lazy
oh and same as jen, the teachers alwayssssssss let off all the bullies, but silly but i can see why
aw but yeh i know it isnt fair but you did slap someone :( excluded is a bit much though om my friend got in an argument and two girls slapped her and one girl ended up having a fight with her like a cat fight but they only got warnings??? not even on report or anything like hayden said tho it sucks that they wont do anything om really unfair deffo but listen to jen, she is a wise one they only got a warning?? woah your school is so laid back jesus christ

sounds like my school -.- tbh if they have threatened you with isolation if you report someone one more time then its out off order! however id just ignore the people, i did it before when i was in year 7 and after a month they moved on to someone else. bullies like it when you give them attention they thrive on it so just ignore them if they don't get what they want they will just leave.
by the way don't do what you did again cause it will look bad on your CV when your older :)
yeah ill try not to haha thanks :)

heck dont let it drop, u and ur parents need to push.
if they want to give u a formal warning protest it, say u wont do it!!!
no way in hell should u be pushed to the point of having to physically defend urself and hit some1 and then be excluded for it when they have physically abused u countless times b4. thats ridiculous.
speak to some1 even higher up. the council like jen said, email the school govenors.
umm reach out to ur teachers and ask them to try and tackle the issue and speak to who they can.
also i think it is important to not only fight for urself but make the issue about bullying as a whole. speak on behalf of all students in ur school!!!!

ur schools actions r clearly inappropriate and wrong so dont let them scare u with warnings and get ur parents to be persistent as well. as u have been excluded im sure u will be in further talks with teachers and such so u should use this as an opportunity to not only fight their threats of warnings and say that they r completely inappropriate but to try and make them actively stop wat is going on!

this upsets me cos i read this HORRIBLE story not that long ago and the story is so similar :'(
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2483851/Izzy-Dixs-mother-gives-heart-rending-interview.html

that news story is so sad omg thank u tho for the help!!!!!!!!

IceNineKills
10-12-2013, 10:39 PM
to be honest, you done the right thing in hitting her. not gonna go into what happened when i was at school because i was a bit of a bully lol. bet the girl hasn't said much since you hit her though? if she does, smack her one harder.

doesn't make you violent or a bully, just helping yourself as the ones in charge can't be bothered.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!