PDA

View Full Version : Make Yourself Feel Stupid

AgnesIO
12-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Basically a short clip where people from the third world say "issues" from the first world. Gives you a bit of a kick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxyhfiCO_XQ

Phil
12-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Some parts of those were so funny but I feel so awful for thinking that. Proper sad at the same time though!! :(

MKR&*42
12-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Omg i only face two of those, score.

Ok but seriously why would you take your phone into the bathroom?...

Phil
12-12-2013, 12:31 PM

I always take my phone into the bathroom

MKR&*42
12-12-2013, 12:39 PM
I always take my phone into the bathroom

WHY

IM SURE IT CAN WAIT

Phil
12-12-2013, 12:44 PM
WHY

IM SURE IT CAN WAIT

TO PLAY CANDY CRUSH IF I'M IN THERE FOR A WHILE!!!

It's just in my pocket, that's all

MKR&*42
12-12-2013, 12:48 PM
TO PLAY CANDY CRUSH IF I'M IN THERE FOR A WHILE!!!

It's just in my pocket, that's all

YOU'D BE IN THE FOR LIKE 3 MINUTES UNLESS UR SHOWERING AND YOU WOULDN'T USE PHONE IN SHOWER GSFD

Phil
12-12-2013, 12:54 PM
YOU'D BE IN THE FOR LIKE 3 MINUTES UNLESS UR SHOWERING AND YOU WOULDN'T USE PHONE IN SHOWER GSFD

I use it for music then!! Tbh I was in the bath last week after the gym because I was sore as hell nd brought my phone to text because I knew I'd be bored!

Jurv
12-12-2013, 01:01 PM
i take my ipad to the toilet sometimes if i fancy a browse

but tbh we dont know any different so i dont have a problem with first world problems

Yawn
12-12-2013, 01:14 PM
that kid has such a cute little goat so he wins

AgnesIO
12-12-2013, 02:02 PM
i take my ipad to the toilet sometimes if i fancy a browse

but tbh we dont know any different so i dont have a problem with first world problems

Honestly, this doesn't surprise me...

I use it for music then!! Tbh I was in the bath last week after the gym because I was sore as hell nd brought my phone to text because I knew I'd be bored!

I always use my phone if in the bath :L

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/one-in-six-mobile-phones-tainted-by-faecal-matter-50005636/

The research says it all!

Jurv
12-12-2013, 02:09 PM
don't make me -rep u marketing

Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly!

Gina
12-12-2013, 05:08 PM
om phone in the bathroom lmao ntyyy
but aw i felt so bad like one of the ladies looked so annoyed when saying it :(:( but odear

Lewis
12-12-2013, 05:33 PM
I've never experienced any of the problems or thoughts in the video, but there's obviously other stuff. I totally agree with the video. They're much worse off than us, but of course that doesn't change some problems or thinking of small problems as big problems.

Drewar
12-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Wow, this is so sad. Really helps put things in to perspective.

Shar
12-12-2013, 06:13 PM
That does make me feel really stupid

Circadia
12-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Yeah it's bad that people say these kind of things but it's all we know... We know that people in the third world are a whole lot worse off than us but these petty problems are what we know. Its like when people bring up the fact that someone dies everyday from bombs and warfare when someone is upset about a celebrity dying, we don't know those people who have died in wars and I know we don't know these celebrities but they are a lot closer to us personally than someone we've never seen, met, heard about or spoken to.

hence why these sort of campaigns piss me off the same amount the actual problem they are talking about does

(in case anyone misinterprets that as me thinking it's annoying that people are less well of than I am, I mean that it pisses me off that we can change how they live but for the most part we don't)

RapLuvr334
12-12-2013, 10:10 PM
I am sorry to say I disagree with this thread.

!x!dude!x!2
12-12-2013, 10:13 PM

i bring mine .. gotta text the people :P

wow its so true

AgnesIO
12-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Yeah it's bad that people say these kind of things but it's all we know... We know that people in the third world are a whole lot worse off than us but these petty problems are what we know. Its like when people bring up the fact that someone dies everyday from bombs and warfare when someone is upset about a celebrity dying, we don't know those people who have died in wars and I know we don't know these celebrities but they are a lot closer to us personally than someone we've never seen, met, heard about or spoken to.

hence why these sort of campaigns piss me off the same amount the actual problem they are talking about does

(in case anyone misinterprets that as me thinking it's annoying that people are less well of than I am, I mean that it pisses me off that we can change how they live but for the most part we don't)

Of course, how do you suggest they campaign then? I doubt they'd get donations flooding in if they said "of course, there are problems like getting safe drinking water in some countries, but hey, I'm sure we all have to suffer immensely when our iPhone runs out of battery at work" :P On the other hand, I cannot see anything but positives to people understanding others lives - might even help boost our falling education standards.

I agree with the whole dying thing, and actually, it is necessary for people to die - although I am not overly fussed if it is Nelson Mandela, Paul Walker or somebody else I have no connections to!

I am sorry to say I disagree with this thread.

Expand? :L Nothing wrong with you disagreeing, but you haven't even bothered to say what you disagree with...

RapLuvr334
12-12-2013, 10:20 PM
I just think that in a world where some of us actually WORK for our money and not just bum around living off benefits like lots of other people do (especially in third world countries) that we can use our money for what WE want and not have to feel bad about it. Like there's statistics going around that shows that if you WORK HARD you get MONEY. So poor people... it's basically there own fault because I work hard and Ive got enough money to live well and have the things I want like a smartphone etc. I just dont see why others cant follow my example .. I mean some people do but not ALL

AgnesIO
12-12-2013, 10:29 PM
I just think that in a world where some of us actually WORK for our money and not just bum around living off benefits like lots of other people do (especially in third world countries) that we can use our money for what WE want and not have to feel bad about it. Like there's statistics going around that shows that if you WORK HARD you get MONEY. So poor people... it's basically there own fault because I work hard and Ive got enough money to live well and have the things I want like a smartphone etc. I just dont see why others cant follow my example .. I mean some people do but not ALL

Oh come on, are you just unbelievably ignorant and stupid, or a troll? You don't seriously think that people in third world countries "live off benefits", do you? Jesus christ. I highly doubt you have "worked hard" for your money. Your parents may have, but you? Nope.

Also, this thread has nothing to do about you giving money or being expected to give money - did you actually watch the video?

RapLuvr334
12-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Oh come on, are you just unbelievably ignorant and stupid, or a troll? You don't seriously think that people in third world countries "live off benefits", do you? Jesus christ. I highly doubt you have "worked hard" for your money. Your parents may have, but you? Nope.

Also, this thread has nothing to do about you giving money or being expected to give money - did you actually watch the video?Yes I did and it basically all comes down to money doesn't it? I mean countries like Syria etc. are always SO happy to take our money for aid when it comes to earthquakes etc. but do they actually do anything to deserve it? No. There are soldiers in OUR STREETS who have defended our countrie loyally from terrorists for years and they dont get a penny which is so unfair that I find it difficult to put into words.

And actually I DID work hard for my money thank you very much, I started an online business at the age of 15 which has earnt me enough to live without financial aid from my parents.

AgnesIO
12-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Yes I did and it basically all comes down to money doesn't it? I mean countries like Syria etc. are always SO happy to take our money for aid when it comes to earthquakes etc. but do they actually do anything to deserve it? No. There are soldiers in OUR STREETS who have defended our countrie loyally from terrorists for years and they dont get a penny which is so unfair that I find it difficult to put into words.

And actually I DID work hard for my money thank you very much, I started an online business at the age of 15 which has earnt me enough to live without financial aid from my parents.

This is ridiculous. Our soldiers don't work for free - whether they should be paid or more is up for debate. So, yes, they do get "a penny".

The people in these countries don't do nothing and live off benefits; I cannot believe you are doing A Levels at the moment and believe that is true. I look forward to seeing your successful online business.

However, once again, this thread didn't say "we should all give our hard earned money away", so I don't know why you went on a rant about that.

RapLuvr334
12-12-2013, 10:42 PM
This is ridiculous. Our soldiers don't work for free - whether they should be paid or more is up for debate. So, yes, they do get "a penny".

The people in these countries don't do nothing and live off benefits; I cannot believe you are doing A Levels at the moment and believe that is true. I look forward to seeing your successful online business.

However, once again, this thread didn't say "we should all give our hard earned money away", so I don't know why you went on a rant about that.Wow idiot you completely misinterpretted me. Jesus. I was saying that when soldiers come back from the wars they don't get any support from the state. That's like common knowledge, how don't you know that?

Also here's my business. I've made enough money this year to pay my way through university already. But what have you done with your life?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/10gbottles

AgnesIO
12-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Wow idiot you completely misinterpretted me. Jesus. I was saying that when soldiers come back from the wars they don't get any support from the state. That's like common knowledge, how don't you know that?

Also here's my business. I've made enough money this year to pay my way through university already. But what have you done with your life?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/10gbottles

You signed up to Ebay when you were 8/9? And you've made £45,000ish in a year? Why are you going to Uni? ;)

And, depends what sort of support you are talking about. I am simply going off what you are posting!

RapLuvr334
12-12-2013, 10:45 PM
You signed up to Ebay when you were 8/9? And you've made £45,000ish in a year? Why are you going to Uni? ;)

And, depends what sort of support you are talking about. I am simply going off what you are posting!Finincial and Moral Support obviously.. Wow seriously if you dont understand what im saying and agree with it when im expressing my opinion in such simple terms then i doubt you're ever going to get it - maybe we should just agree to disagree. It's just a shame because I hate witnessing ignorance.

AgnesIO
12-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Finincial and Moral Support obviously.. Wow seriously if you dont understand what im saying and agree with it when im expressing my opinion in such simple terms then i doubt you're ever going to get it - maybe we should just agree to disagree. It's just a shame because I hate witnessing ignorance.

If a solider is in need of financial support, they get it (in the form of compensation etc). Moral support? Pretty sure our soldiers get plenty of that.

Also, you missed a bit of my post about "your" online business, so I'll post again. "You signed up to Ebay when you were 8/9? And you've made £45,000ish in a year? Why are you going to Uni?"

RapLuvr334
12-12-2013, 10:50 PM
If a solider is in need of financial support, they get it (in the form of compensation etc). Moral support? Pretty sure our soldiers get plenty of that.

Also, you missed a bit of my post about "your" online business, so I'll post again. "You signed up to Ebay when you were 8/9? And you've made £45,000ish in a year? Why are you going to Uni?"
Why are you trying to base things on such a small issue? It's funny you've realised you have no argument which is on topic so you try and take it off topic. Embarrassing. If you think Soliders get all the finincial support etc. that they need then your clearly living in a box because if you just go outside you see men living on the streets. Havent you seen the adverts?

AgnesIO
12-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Decided to close the thread as it has lost its original purpose; not really in to arguing with a turnip.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!