PDA

View Full Version : revenge rep

Yawn
23-12-2013, 03:06 PM
how can we feel safe and supported in -repping users when they r allowed to revenge rep us when we break rules in a post. it is still revenge rep and it puts ppl off saying and acting on how they feel. this is a ******* stupid rule. i cant -rep other users that deserve it because they will just dig thru my posts and find an old irrelevant postin which i picked up a warning and -rep me on it (as happened today). i think u need to revisit this rule.

fair enough if its revenge when its on topic and part of the discussion that i -repped them in i can understand that and accept it (which is the case when i -rep some1 and got revenged recently). (for example i -rep mid argument and they revenge rep in the same thread.)

but to dig thru my old posts and find completely off topic and irrelevant old post in a completely unrelated thread and get a -rep in when they r blatantly doing it for revenge and then deem that acceptable revenge is PATHETIC AND SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :frustrated:

i feel like this is a big loophole and needs to be fixed i h8 it when ppl get 1 over on me it makes me so angry

Aiden
23-12-2013, 03:07 PM
I don't like -rep...
I think we should just remove it lmfao...

Revenge repping is really bad too because people only -rep me who have like 50 rep power

Empired
23-12-2013, 03:13 PM
inb4 people start shouting about how this wouldn't happen with the like system.. because it would just not on such a big scale

It drives me mad as well 'cause that has definitely happened to me by one person, naming no names ;) I almost agree that -reps should be removed but then I think that defeats the point of rep entirely. I think the rule needs to be more strict on what is revenge rep and what isn't because what Subo is describing clear is just revenge..

karter
23-12-2013, 04:13 PM
i revenge rep all the time my latest victim being cornbix

Calum0812
23-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Is there a way to disable reputation on any posts over X days / weeks / months old?

Zak
23-12-2013, 04:33 PM
I think -rep should just be removed altogether.. no negativity, no problem.

MKR&*42
23-12-2013, 04:35 PM
O fgs another feedback thread on rep.

-rep needs to stay idrk much about the revenge rep business so not going into it. But yes,please don't remove -rep as some posts are genuinely stupid enough to deserve it.

Mikey
23-12-2013, 04:36 PM
I do agree, for example if you give someone -rep and then they revenge you it's like what the hell?

If the -rep you have received is fair and you were a bit of arse then accept it.

Kardan
23-12-2013, 04:40 PM
The only solution would be to disable adding/taking reputation on posts after a certain time, for example, you can only rep posts within a week of it being posted.

Whether that's possible or not, I don't know.

Empired
23-12-2013, 04:43 PM
The only solution would be to disable adding/taking reputation on posts after a certain time, for example, you can only rep posts within a week of it being posted.

Whether that's possible or not, I don't know.
I guess if it's not possible the rules could always be changed so you're allowed to request for it to be removed? I know that's more work for the mods but I should think once people get the idea they'll just stop -repping old posts.

Mark
23-12-2013, 05:15 PM
I think -rep should just be removed altogether.. no negativity, no problem.

I agree, there's no use to it whatsoever

David
23-12-2013, 05:16 PM
if you don't want -repped in turn, don't give it out in the first place, it's that simple lol.
bring in the like system.

Mr-Trainor
23-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Well my suggestion still remains as it already was; remove -rep. Is there really any need for it?

David
23-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Chris; add these to your rules

What is a “Rep ****”?
A “rep ****” is where a staff member or an admin permanently removes all of a member’s positive reputation. Once a “rep ****” has been given it is irreversible. Keep in mind that a “rep ****” was given for a reason; any complaining will result in a one month ban.

What is revenge rep and is it allowed?
Revenge rep is the practice of getting a negative reputation after you have given that member a negative. This is not against the rules. Clearly if you leave someone a negative, you can expect them to reciprocate. Think carefully about your choices when leaving reputation. If you fear revenge rep, then reconsider. Staff will not take action on revenge reps. Still, our no-flaming rule does apply to all reps given.

copied from hf

FlyingJesus
23-12-2013, 05:26 PM
All rep is valid because of what reputation means. Also if someone's revenge repping just call them out on it and they'll look like a nonce

Grig
23-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Well, it was a reason to remove rep until recently, because everyone was claiming "oh I got reveged rep, plz remove 2k13".

I don't think it should have been removed, because if someone reports rep, I'm sure investigating it in slightly more detail with iron out any confusion of whether it is revenge rep. Of course, with the user also giving an explanation as to why. I just think that rather than in the past, removing loads of -reps under the claim of 'revenge rep' was the norm, one should look into it slightly more and make a sensible conclusion.

Zak
23-12-2013, 05:57 PM
i still prefer the idea of rep over likes.. just no negative rep

GoldenMerc
23-12-2013, 06:23 PM
if you -rep chris he removes it, then returns a -rep.
if you -rep a normal member, like :Cerys; she return reps it. We're both happy.

xxMATTGxx
23-12-2013, 06:25 PM
I hardly give out any negative reputation - Causes too much fuss and drama.

despect
23-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Surely if you think the rep was pointless or revenge rep you could easily appeal it for it to be removed anyway? I don't think getting rid of it will help at all considering as some people have mentioned some posts actually generally deserve it.

Chippiewill
23-12-2013, 07:01 PM
All rep is valid because of what reputation means.
Technically speaking the reputation system doesn't take into account weighting.

GoldenMerc
23-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Delete the delete reputation function Jin;

!x!dude!x!2
23-12-2013, 07:05 PM
why not have it set after 20 days you cant -rep or +rep in a thread

GoldenMerc
23-12-2013, 07:09 PM
why not have it set after 20 days you cant -rep or +rep in a thread

that's more coding, still waiting on v7 let alone custom vb mods

!x!dude!x!2
23-12-2013, 07:10 PM
that's more coding, still waiting on v7 let alone custom vb mods

when is v7 even coming out ?

MKR&*42
23-12-2013, 07:13 PM
when is v7 even coming out ?

7 is the 7 in the year 2700

!x!dude!x!2
23-12-2013, 07:14 PM

oh .we're close ;)

Empired
23-12-2013, 07:17 PM
bit optimistic there hayden

Aiden
23-12-2013, 07:22 PM
You've gone on to v7? For like the first years and a half I was here I had faith... now I don't even think about it.

MKR&*42
23-12-2013, 07:27 PM
bit optimistic there hayden

ik we gotta have faith sometimes

Chris
23-12-2013, 08:13 PM
The options are:

We stop removing -rep completely
We bring in a like system and do away with rep

if you -rep chris he removes it, then returns a -rep.
if you -rep a normal member, like :Cerys; she return reps it. We're both happy.

We know thats not true and I will quite happily prove that.

GoldenMerc
23-12-2013, 08:15 PM
The options are:

I await the proof...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Kardan
23-12-2013, 08:22 PM
I guess if it's not possible the rules could always be changed so you're allowed to request for it to be removed? I know that's more work for the mods but I should think once people get the idea they'll just stop -repping old posts.

Trust me, they won't. Anyone, you used to be able to request revenge -rep to be removed, but it really is too much hassle. Just allow all -repping, except those with bad language in the comments.

despect
23-12-2013, 08:23 PM
The options are:

I think -rep is sometimes needed, unless theres a way to have a like/dislike system?

Kardan
23-12-2013, 08:24 PM
The options are:

I was already under the impression that you don't remove -reps anyway, only those with bad language... That should be what's happening anyway.

Mr-Trainor
23-12-2013, 08:37 PM
The options are:

And what about a 3rd option

remove -rep

But anyway, I'm all for converting the system to resemble a like system which I explained a lot in past threads already so won't do it again here :P, or for removing -rep. But keeping -rep but not moderating it could cause many problems, bullying to name one, surely?

Chris
23-12-2013, 08:38 PM
And what about a 3rd option

remove -rep

But anyway, I'm all for converting the system to resemble a like system which I explained a lot in past threads already so won't do it again here :P, or for removing -rep. But keeping -rep but not moderating it could cause many problems, bullying to name one, surely?

Well yeah we could take away -rep but then it would function in a similar way to a like system. :P

Mr-Trainor
23-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Well yeah we could take away -rep but then it would function in a similar way to a like system. :P
Hmm in a way I guess it would, but there'd still be all the restrictions that you wouldn't have with a like system :P. So I'm sure people would still see it as a rep system.

David
23-12-2013, 08:53 PM
i vote like system

-Nick
23-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Dont like the rep disable it from others from seeing or appeal

FlyingJesus
23-12-2013, 09:19 PM
What about the option to change nothing because it's not a broken system

Inseriousity.
23-12-2013, 09:24 PM
If you care about rep, don't -rep. If you don't, you can -rep all you like. :)

mrwoooooooo
23-12-2013, 09:41 PM
I hardly give out any negative reputation - Causes too much fuss and drama.

it gets taken off you if you do.

rep is pointless. get over it

e5
23-12-2013, 09:56 PM
If you think someone has unfairly -repped you, such as revenge rep on an old post, use the report reputation feature and explain this. I'm sure it would be dealt with fairly.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, there is. If you think it's rude, pointless etc then you -rep to show this and in turn hope that they post more constructively.

Now for people who -rep peoples opinions because they don't agree - that's another matter.
Well my suggestion still remains as it already was; remove -rep. Is there really any need for it?

despect
23-12-2013, 10:02 PM
I like the idea of a like system. However, like i said previously in this thread -rep is sometimes needed and some posts really deserve it. So instead of -rep why not just have a like and dislike system? (if that's even possible?)

FlyingJesus
23-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Because as has been shown time and time again there is no benefit to having a like system instead and there's nothing broken to fix here

MKR&*42
23-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Im sure we had a poll like 2 months ago and the like system lost STOP TRYING TO REVIVE THE DEAD ISSUE OF A LIKE SYSTEM

GoldenMerc
23-12-2013, 10:06 PM
dno why people are asking for a like system, we've had like 100x polls as Chris normally gets what he wants so he's doing the poll again and again, Yet people are still asking for it. Don't -rep if your scared to be -repped back... -rep's shouldn't be removed no matter what, if the comment is rude or abusive remove the comment by all means.

despect
23-12-2013, 10:07 PM
In some ways these threads are pointless, every time there is one everyone has different views on it and nothing ever gets decided. So i think perhaps we should just stay with the current system and anyone who actually has received -rep's that are pointless or revenge should just report it and it'd be looked into?

Chris
23-12-2013, 10:09 PM
In some ways these threads are pointless, every time there is one everyone has different views on it and nothing ever gets decided. So i think perhaps we should just stay with the current system and anyone who actually has received -rep's that are pointless or revenge should just report it and it'd be looked into?

That is how it currently works. This thread was only made because one person didn't like the fact that I wouldn't remove the -rep for them. Creating this thread hasn't done them any favours and isn't going to make me change my mind on it.

Yawn
23-12-2013, 10:10 PM
can u all reread my OP and stay on topic
this is a topic about REVENGE REP and my issue today with it. not about -rep in general. or v7. or a like system

revenge rep is usually removed, however in this instance it wasnt because the sad ******* went digging thru my posts to find a post that received a warning and apparently revenge reps which r given on a post with a warning cannot be removed even if it was a blatant act of revenge which in my opinion is stupid as ****

can u just remove my revenge rep and let me carry on with my day and let me win this battle

Empired
24-12-2013, 12:28 AM
can u all reread my OP and stay on topic
this is a topic about REVENGE REP and my issue today with it. not about -rep in general. or v7. or a like system

revenge rep is usually removed, however in this instance it wasnt because the sad ******* went digging thru my posts to find a post that received a warning and apparently revenge reps which r given on a post with a warning cannot be removed even if it was a blatant act of revenge which in my opinion is stupid as ****

Surely this still counts as revenge rep? Just the user is being a lil more sly.

Yawn
24-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Surely this still counts as revenge rep? Just the user is being a lil more sly.

exactly!

u either remove revenge reps or u dont. he couldnt have made it more obvious he was revenging me sooooo

lawrawrrr
24-12-2013, 12:58 AM
revenge rep is fine if you justify it, no matter how tenuous the link. I mean, it's obviously revenge and extremely petty, if you get -repped just suck it up and stop whining, or you'll just be -repped more....

But if you go looking for a post and -rep it with no comment / 'just because' or something pointless like 'no' then that is clearly revenge and should be removed, as it's not deserved.

But yeah, people don't moan about pointless +rep so why moan about pointless -rep?

Leave them both and suck it up.

on phone xx

Futz
24-12-2013, 02:15 AM
tbh most the people who -rep me never have valid reason to they just do it out of anger

personally, i've never -repped anyone cuz i think -repping someone encourages them not to speak their mind in the future

im response to you getting angry at people revenge repping you, i think they have about as much of a right as you -repping them in the first place

either way i find it hilarious how many people actually care about rep score

Yawn
24-12-2013, 10:35 AM
*REMOVED* u missed the point i dont have issue with being -rep or revenge repped

uR ALL STUPID :frustrated: whoever made this rule is STUPID and whoever enforces this rule is STUPID and whoever doest agree with me in this thread and understand the issue U R STUPID

i dont even fricking care about rep i just want get 1 over on some1 jesus CHRIST is that so much to ask for but u and ur stupid incompetent rules have failed me AGAIN

i dont think even 1 of u even fully understands the point im making U ALL SUCK

Edited by Dilusionate (Acting Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to other users, thanks!

Mr-Trainor
24-12-2013, 11:43 AM
If you think someone has unfairly -repped you, such as revenge rep on an old post, use the report reputation feature and explain this. I'm sure it would be dealt with fairly.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, there is. If you think it's rude, pointless etc then you -rep to show this and in turn hope that they post more constructively.

Now for people who -rep peoples opinions because they don't agree - that's another matter.
But the moderation system and the forum rules will deal with that :P. After all, we are told to leave moderating to the moderators.

Im sure we had a poll like 2 months ago and the like system lost STOP TRYING TO REVIVE THE DEAD ISSUE OF A LIKE SYSTEM
It was almost half and half, just like the poll about the rep counter too. If Chris; wants to see a poll which resembles the forum more fairly then he'd need to have an official one, and force read it.

Red
24-12-2013, 11:53 AM
I don't -rep often so isn't really an issue for me. I think the system is better this way though. It was stupid giving valid -reps to just have them removed on the basis of revenge. Don't post stuff that is worthy of -rep imo and then they won't be able to back.

karter
24-12-2013, 12:55 PM
nah don't remove remove it i have to -rep people who didnt give me rep in the christmas thread

Futz
24-12-2013, 02:30 PM
you deserve it subo

Yawn
24-12-2013, 06:21 PM
you deserve it subo

NO I FLIPPING DO NOT

I AM A GD PERSON AND THE INCONSISTENCIES IN THEIR RULES R APPALLING

THIS WOULDNT HAPPEN TO MATTG THEY WOULD CHANGE THE RULES IN A HEARTBEAT

Shar
24-12-2013, 06:24 PM
I don't think it's a problem on a wide scale only certain people are a victim of it unfortunately

e5
24-12-2013, 06:33 PM
But the moderation system and the forum rules will deal with that :P. After all, we are told to leave moderating to the moderators.

It was almost half and half, just like the poll about the rep counter too. If Chris; wants to see a poll which resembles the forum more fairly then he'd need to have an official one, and force read it.
There isn't a system for -repping opinions because you can do that. I just don't agree with people doing that.

-:Undertaker:-
24-12-2013, 07:10 PM
I've been tempted before to -rep in revenge but I refrain from doing so as I have a rule that I don't -rep under any circumstances. At the end of the day why get annoyed over it? They're only -repping you because they're annoyed/you showed them up in a post. That's a victory in itself. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!