PDA

View Full Version : Tom Daley gets stranded at London railway station as storm halts his Christmas plans

-:Undertaker:-
24-12-2013, 02:48 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2528882/Tom-Daley-gets-stuck-train-station-UK-storm-halts-Christmas-holiday-plans.html

If only he could swim home! Tom Daley gets stuck at train station as UK storm halts his Christmas holiday plans

He may be an Olympic diver, but his talents in the swimming pool won't get Tom Daley home any quicker for Christmas.

Tom was among one of the passengers struggling to get home for as the storm delay halt hundreds of people's journeys.

The 19-year-old said: 'My train was cancelled so my mum's going to have to pick me up from Plymouth which is going to take ages.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/24/article-0-1A473DD400000578-711_634x913.jpg

'You have to take it all in the Christmas spirit, it's Christmas. I got off a night flight this morning from America so I want to go home and go to bed.'

Ahead of his flight home from Texas, it was easy to tell that Tom was excited about his return to the UK, tweeting: 'About to fly home for Christmas :) I hope my flight makes it!!!'

Totally oblivious to the terrible storms in the UK, an elated Tom told his Twitter followers: 'Landed!!!'

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/24/article-2528882-1A473DCC00000578-946_634x613.jpg

And on finding out the news at the station, he wrote: 'Not cool to cancel trains at Xmas :('

It probably didn't help that Tom was lugging around two suitcases, and carrying a rucksack on his back, through the station at the same time.

He carried a large bottle of water in his hand to keep hydrated, although he did not look too pleased as he walked around thinking up his next plan of action.

Tom kept his look casual in a pair of skinny red jeans, a blue jumper with baby blue stripes and a pair of grey trainers.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/24/article-2528882-1A473DF100000578-494_634x655.jpg

He is due to appear as the trainer in the second series of reality TV show Splash! in January, which is due to feature contestants such as TOWIE's Gemma Collins and Hollyoaks' Gemma Merna.

Tom has recently been enjoying some quality time in Texas with American boyfriend Dustin Lance Black.

The couple, aged 39 and 19, have been pictured last week looking cosy in Texas as they stopped for fast food.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/24/article-2528882-1A473E0000000578-602_634x928.jpg

Tom and Dustin's public appearance as a couple comes soon after he bravely announced his relationship earlier this month and received huge support from his fans and celebrity friends.

In a video posted on YouTube the Olympic bronze medallist revealed he was dating a guy, saying he ‘couldn’t be happier’.

Since then it has been reported that the sports star was eyeing up a plush new pad with Dustin a stone's throw from his new training ground in east London.

Poor Tom, if only I could drive then I could of been the one he'd phone to pick him up and take him home.

I love those skinny jeans, have you noticed how the only nice fitting ones are really expensive one's that all the celebs pay a few hundred quid for, eg Harry Styles. So annoying. Anyway speaking of 1D, Niall Horan is apparently stuck this side of the Irish Sea and can't get home yet.

Thoughts? :P

Inseriousity.
24-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Hate skinny jeans, so uncomfortable and don't even look nice.
Love how he's gay now so the papers are paying particular attention to detail what he's wearing.

As for the storms, made the mistake of leaving my christmas shopping til yesterday. Got soaked :(

Empired
24-12-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm sure a lot of people got stranded and I'm sure all their Christmas plans were halted because of it too. It's creepy how the press dog someone famous like this.

Aiden
24-12-2013, 03:11 PM
What the hell is he wearing?

dbgtz
24-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Why did you of all people post this?

Vodafone
28-12-2013, 01:02 AM
What the hell is he wearing?

Clothes.

GommeInc
28-12-2013, 01:47 AM
Why should the world care about Tom Daley and his boring plans for the Christmas holidays being ruined by the weather? Thousands were also affected by travel conditions - he's nothing special, he's just some Twitter personality informing boring people about his equally boring existence. They were cancelled for a reason - shut up and go away.

It's worrying this entire article seems to be entirely about him, when his boring story could have been bundled into one reasonably sized article about how the weather has disrupted the plans of millions in the country, with a side bit about Twitter personalities and how their mediocre existences have also been affected.

/rant

Vodafone
28-12-2013, 01:57 AM
You seem rather grumpy. "Grr someone who represents Great Britain on the world stage is getting media attention. *grumble grumble grumble*"

GommeInc
28-12-2013, 02:13 AM
You seem rather grumpy. "Grr someone who represents Great Britain on the world stage is getting media attention. *grumble grumble grumble*"
It's more a "the media has nothing useful to report on again" rant than an assault on him - because if people really are interested in Daley they could just go on his Twitter feed and join in the circle jerk. If it was my opinion on him I'd have said I find him annoying, snobbish, ungentlemanly, arrogant and unsporting. Also representing GB on the world stage is debatable, as it assumes outside the UK he is that popular. Each country has their own poster icons, such as Australia and their own openly gay diver (who actually seems like a nice person, unlike our own).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!