PDA

View Full Version : I'm Ugly! :(

RedactedHabbo
29-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone, I mention it in my new video, can you let me know what you think?

*REDACTED*

Edited by Dilusionate (Acting Forum Super Moderator): Please remember to use badspoilers when necessary, thanks!

Yawn
29-12-2013, 06:44 PM
u r soooooo cringey im sorry

i want the ground to swallow me up just watching u

Futz
29-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I actually think you're pretty good at making videos

I'd just recommend some better background music, it seems quite cheesy in the last few videos, they sound like music you'd hear when being put on hold by a company

another thing could be to have fun with your videos, like on some popular youtubers when they are mentioning things maybe they zoom in on their face/make it black and white for sad comments/bring up pictures or video about that point

also your point about the backdrop, i think sometimes its nice to see the room if someones doing a vlog, esp if they have a nice-interesting room but if you dont, you're fine for now

you could also improve your lighting, half of your face is shadowed and where you record always seems quite dark

but tbh these are just random improvements you could make to make your videos a bit more interesting, but you're better than most of the vloggers i see try it

heres an example of a video you could look at - notice the small things that make the video better, for example at the end he gets the community involved by bringing up YT comments, although you may not get many atm it's still a good way to keep people watching your videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knSf21NQR_0
(just a random video i picked from a yter i like)

oh and another point, theres nothing wrong with your glasses atm but they're a bit boring, buy some dope ass thick rimmed glasses so you look like a tech savvy mother******

Hanimal$
29-12-2013, 06:48 PM
'And now I look like a ****' - sorry, you look like one anyway trying to tell people how to be successful on YouTube when you aren't yourself...

Mark
29-12-2013, 06:52 PM
u r soooooo cringey im sorry

i want the ground to swallow me up just watching u

we can only hope.

I think your videos are actually quite good tbh. Fair enough this one wasn't the most appropriate considering the circumstances however best of luck with your channel!

buttons
29-12-2013, 06:54 PM
where's the funny part n thts an ugly willy

RedactedHabbo
29-12-2013, 07:00 PM
I actually think you're pretty good at making videos

I'd just recommend some better background music, it seems quite cheesy in the last few videos, they sound like music you'd hear when being put on hold by a company

another thing could be to have fun with your videos, like on some popular youtubers when they are mentioning things maybe they zoom in on their face/make it black and white for sad comments/bring up pictures or video about that point

also your point about the backdrop, i think sometimes its nice to see the room if someones doing a vlog, esp if they have a nice-interesting room but if you dont, you're fine for now

you could also improve your lighting, half of your face is shadowed and where you record always seems quite dark

but tbh these are just random improvements you could make to make your videos a bit more interesting, but you're better than most of the vloggers i see try it

heres an example of a video you could look at - notice the small things that make the video better, for example at the end he gets the community involved by bringing up YT comments, although you may not get many atm it's still a good way to keep people watching your videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knSf21NQR_0
(just a random video i picked from a yter i like)

oh and another point, theres nothing wrong with your glasses atm but they're a bit boring, buy some dope ass thick rimmed glasses so you look like a tech savvy mother******

Thanks so much for the feedback, this is the best peice of constructive criticism I have recieved, and I will take your advice in some parts of my videos :)

-

As for the other people criticising me, stop judging, the video is to show you how difficult it is for people who make videos. In future, to those people who have something negative to say - Try sitting in front of a camera for an hour trying to get it to a good standard, for a 3 minute clip. It's not as easy as it looks.

alilbitoflauren
29-12-2013, 07:23 PM
No your not ugly :3

geo
29-12-2013, 07:43 PM
i think you should try different topics for your videos. you're in no position to teach people how to be a good youtuber (no offence) and the things you do don't come across as funny, because it just seems too forced, like when i watched this one i just got the vibe that you'd been up all night trying to think of funny things to say in your videos. like EVERYTHING seemed too planned, from your movements to what you were gonna say. i don't feel like i could really give much advice but this video just wasn't good, although i think if you improved on things you wouldn't be too bad. like i didn't like the way you criticized your appearance (seemed too much of a beg) and maybe you could do some cool editing, like youtubers do quite good typography at the start of their videos? agree w futz on backdrop thing, and imo if you're not wanting to be taken too seriously then i'd consider losing the black material, just gives the video a professional/serious feel to it, although the background of your room didn't seem to be too interesting (sorry) so maybe you could put up posters, lights or something idk.

think up your youtube videos a little better, but don't make them feel so forced and stuff. maybe you could do the facts about yourself or something, take a look at other youtubers and see what types of things they do.. that'd be funny and not forced, like the challenges they do (i don't mean eating/cinnamon ones, like when they get a friend in or something).

i just find you a little hard to watch as it's like you try too hard, not sure if you're actually being yourself in the videos :(

!x!dude!x!2
29-12-2013, 09:24 PM
I kinda like your videos

Hannah
29-12-2013, 09:42 PM
You speak pretty quickly and as mentioned before, it does seem quite staged and you seem a little uncomfortable at times.

With the fallen sheet, you could have gone more along the lines of having it fall in the middle of a line and say something like, 'scrap what I was going to say - choose a good backdrop' sort of thing. It would have been more... flowing and less blatantly planned.

Obviously topics are important too and any Gary Barlow fans will now avoid your videos or flood your comments with insults and dislikes, especially as a new starter (it doesn't help you used a word which many people aren't fond of to name him).

People will obviously also expect lighting to not be too great for new starters, but natural light will look better than the yellow glow you currently have.

And, as previously mentioned: involve the community. Many YouTubers see themselves as part of a huge community, along with their viewers and subscribers - it'll also get you a few comments too.

RedactedHabbo
29-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks for ALL your feedback everyone whether it was positive or negative, I will take your advice in my future videos.

iBlueBox
29-12-2013, 11:37 PM
you speak to fast and times and your lightning is absolutely terrible, try learn some basic lighting first like 3 point lighting,

Jurv
30-12-2013, 02:40 PM
you use too much profanity for my liking

lemons
30-12-2013, 02:45 PM
z Z z Z z Z boring vids

Edited by j0rd (Forum Moderator): Please do not pointless post, thanks!

Evanora
30-12-2013, 03:39 PM
due to ur accent u will never be successful on youtube

have u noticed no famous british youtuber are northern :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!