View Full Version : No Events?!?

!x!dude!x!2
31-12-2013, 03:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4juOTot.png

i was just wondering whats going on with events

Logandyer45
31-12-2013, 04:12 AM
That is exactly what I am wondering... Why isn't the team doing all they can to keep us entertained?

FlyingJesus
31-12-2013, 04:15 AM
Department should be folded and just let people do events as and when they want to in Habbox' name. The whole system of bookings and CNB and hourly slots makes no sense at all and has held the community back for years, making it so that we have minimal hotel exposure and minimal interest, with the only benefit being for anyone who thinks a staff role here is still actually a badge of honour. Let the Community AGM be in charge of our hotel presence as they should be, and get rid of pointless roles that clearly aren't working out

!x!dude!x!2
31-12-2013, 04:25 AM
Department should be folded and just let people do events as and when they want to in Habbox' name. The whole system of bookings and CNB and hourly slots makes no sense at all and has held the community back for years, making it so that we have minimal hotel exposure and minimal interest, with the only benefit being for anyone who thinks a staff role here is still actually a badge of honour. Let the Community AGM be in charge of our hotel presence as they should be, and get rid of pointless roles that clearly aren't working out

do you think events will be removed ?

xxMATTGxx
31-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Personally I don't know if removing the department would actually help like FlyingJesus is actually suggesting. It could mean no events for a long time if no one wants to do them when they want to do them. It's like your idea with getting rid of Graphics and letting the community work - We need a dedicated team to get specific Graphics done when we want them rather than waiting for anyone in the Community to be able to get them done.

Not sure what others think but yeah.

Matt
31-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Why don't you just merge this thread in with all the others ;l

Sho
31-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Why don't you just merge this thread in with all the others ;l

lmao I was thinking this

OT: I'll host when I get home from work tonight

Matt
31-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Well it's true, why does this need a feedback thread. I know Events looks bad at the moment and making a thread like this just makes things worse.

OT for my last two posts: I'm hosting an event now.

Martin
31-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Quite often with events these days people book hours in advance rather than days in advance so the calendar can often look quite daunting in the morning but then fill up as the day progresses etc.

The radio is offline, the helpdesk is empty and no news has been posted in 14 days if you want to find other finds to moan/***** about when its pretty obvious things aren't too fabulous right now, perhaps suggest ways for improvements rather than just picking out a negative? :D

Reality
31-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Personally I don't know if removing the department would actually help like FlyingJesus is actually suggesting. It could mean no events for a long time if no one wants to do them when they want to do them. It's like your idea with getting rid of Graphics and letting the community work - We need a dedicated team to get specific Graphics done when we want them rather than waiting for anyone in the Community to be able to get them done.

I don't think getting rid of the graphics department is needed; what if you implemented the idea that when you're a staff member you get access to the graphics forum and only staff members from any department can contribute to these being made, because graphics hasn't got the best number of staff. Like wise with active events hosts!
Events needs to have a major think about what needs to happen because, events are doing good so far; the last time there were somewhat of 250 events book in a month was back in September! Yes it's alright saying they keep getting low 200's but what good is that to the community if all the events being booked aren't in a "prime time" period?!
Events needs to have some sort of guest events host, that way you have more people but, the guest minimums will be in place with x amount of events per month...!
Shonly; mdport.; now you've seen this thread as all the others, don't you feel pressured by the amount of negativity bought upon the department?
If yes keep reading if not that's fine...!
However because you feel pressured you've replied to this topic with a little message like "ill host when I get home" or, "I'm hosting now", you shouldn't feel pressured into doing it, you're two seniors who are obviously dedicated to your work and it goes unnoticed! Correct me if I'm wrong about that; you shouldn't be worrying if minimums are met they're already met, if you want to host out of boredom then obviously it's fine; if you're doing it out of politeness why? You've meet your minimums, you've done senior duties and and counting...?! The seniors don't get enough thanks or even a well done for their efforts they put into the department.

Just ideas but, it needs stability!

e5
31-12-2013, 11:16 AM
It shouldn't be folded. It just works well when people actually do events, like we see on other fansites. If it can work on other fansites, it can work on ours. Possibly more staff needed.

Matt
31-12-2013, 11:48 AM
I agree with James in all honesty. As soon as a new manager is appointed I'm sure everyone will start blaming them from day one that they're not doing enough to improve events. As said in the last thread made (which was like 1 week ago lol) we have a staff challenge with up to 300c for first place, 200c for second and 100c for third. What more else do you want us to do to motivate our staff? The chance of winning 100c, let alone 300, motivates me enough and yet we still have staff not meeting minimums. Events are not like what they used to be, and whether that's because staff just can't be bothered or another reason I am unsure. Don't get me wrong, we have some absolutely brilliant hosts that go above and beyond each and every week and without them I really don't know how Events would survive.

As for a guest host, you actually need a guest host that is willing to give up their time to host. This idea was mentioned in the other thread and who knows how long it will take to implement these ideas when there are no current managers in place. It was left in the last thread that in the new year these changes would be looked at, but it's still only 2013 at the moment, so you actually need to give us time to assess the department instead of repeating the same new ideas again and again.

Grig
31-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Quite often with events these days people book hours in advance rather than days in advance so the calendar can often look quite daunting in the morning but then fill up as the day progresses etc.

The radio is offline, the helpdesk is empty and no news has been posted in 14 days if you want to find other finds to moan/***** about when its pretty obvious things aren't too fabulous right now, perhaps suggest ways for improvements rather than just picking out a negative? :D

Unfair comparison seeing as it was only offline briefly. We are online with a booked timetable over 90-95% of the time- a very different situation to events. I really don't appreciate comparisons like this at face value.

In regards to events, there wasn't a chance for the new manager to settle or implement anything. Obviously if he misbehaved and acted unprofessionally, that's one thing. Staff threatening to quit is another thing. Again, I'm not going to comment more than this here as I'm unfamiliar with the whole context of this situation.

As for a thread like this being created, it's only natural for users to demand answers after endless weeks of events going at a sluggish pace. I didn't involve myself in the last feedback thread because I understand that a new manager needs to settle in. I guess this would be a good way to discuss some ideas on the way forward, albeit most will probably be repeated from previous threads making it a bit monotonous and sounding like a broken record.

Samantha
31-12-2013, 01:38 PM
What? No events when people are spending time with their family on New Years Eve? How absurd.

Anyway, joking aside the department has a lot of away staff currently, some people are hosting, but like some have said it's booking hours in advance instead of days. A lot of people do it and although it doesn't look good, it usually gets better during the day. Currently, I'm overlooking the department whilst we appoint a new manager, I'll be hosting events when I can too to help out and make it look a little better. Yeah we haven't had many events, but we're in the period when many go away, spend time with their family and people are on school holidays therefore might actually want a break.

I don't think pulling it up over one day helps, as 3 events have now been hosted, 5 yesterday, 9 the day before that etc.

FlyingJesus
31-12-2013, 02:07 PM
"We need more staff" isn't a useful statement when it's been the case for like a year at least and isn't something that any kind of management can possibly have control over - apps have been open constantly for god knows how long and the fact is that people at Habbox simply don't want to do the work. I can see why people don't want the department closed but at least get rid of the ridiculous regulations that we have on everything... hourly bookings and strict timing makes sense for the radio where it's only possible to have 1 person working at a time but events needs to be far more relaxed and enjoyable rather than being regimented into boredom and inactivity

sex
31-12-2013, 02:13 PM
"We need more staff" isn't a useful statement when it's been the case for like a year at least and isn't something that any kind of management can possibly have control over - apps have been open constantly for god knows how long and the fact is that people at Habbox simply don't want to do the work. I can see why people don't want the department closed but at least get rid of the ridiculous regulations that we have on everything... hourly bookings and strict timing makes sense for the radio where it's only possible to have 1 person working at a time but events needs to be far more relaxed and enjoyable rather than being regimented into boredom and inactivity

the hourly slots work well for other fansites... they have no problems... hffm at one point a few months ago reduced events to 30mins because there was so much demand to host lol

FlyingJesus
31-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Yeah but here we're struggling to get anyone to do anything useful at all :P so the current setup just means that we lose the ability to have people hosting when they want/can because it doesn't fit with our empty timetable somehow

despect
31-12-2013, 02:25 PM
From what i've heard theres a lot of staff posted away from most departments. People always come up with the "oh lets get new staff" but as a department myself its easier said than done. You can't force people to apply. It's mostly about getting yourself out there advertising that the applications are open! I think if anything events need to advertise that more.

For example; you have a thread in job openings section in habbox announcements but hasn't been bumped for over a month? meaning people are posting more in that section meaning your event applications thread is moving further down the list.

I know Alex started actually going to different events on habbo and adding the host to see if they would be interested in possibly hosting for Habbox events. I think thats using your own initiative and is actually a decent idea.

Lewis
31-12-2013, 03:00 PM
to get events spread out more, why not introduce a rule saying perhaps... No matter how many events you host in one day, it'll only count as 1 of your 3 a week. Of course the total number of events you've done would still be totaled. The thing is, being part of the events department is something you want to do, not something you see as 'work'. So that honestly shouldn't be a bother to staff. Of course if it's impossible for a events organiser to host like that due to whatever reason, it could easily be settled with management.

James
31-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Hi, everyone's complaining that theres no events on, yet when they are on, you don't turn up.

Good one.

FlyingJesus
31-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Damn must have forgotten that I totally applied to be an events player with a quota of how many games I'm meant to turn up to. Regardless, if your events only cater to Hx people then they really do nothing for us since half the point is to reach out to non-Hx people and bring them into the community

Inseriousity.
31-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Again, pointing the finger at the department managers when it's actually general management that needs to get a grip of the situation. I still see no sign of any action plan or ideas of their own despite that I asked to see one a while ago now. Good leadership and we'll weather the storm. Hard decisions have to be taken, doing more of the same isn't enough. I will give kudos to general management. Their demotion of Hayden, whether you agree with it or not, is at least a sign that they are capable of making hard decisions (although still a way to go, if you're going to get rid of someone you don't think is up to the job, just make it a clean break. It could've backfired so easily if Hayden was petty and decided to **** everything up before he left). Their usual tactic is just to wait patiently for them to resign so it's a step forward.

GoldenMerc
31-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Again, pointing the finger at the department managers when it's actually general management that needs to get a grip of the situation. I still see no sign of any action plan or ideas of their own despite that I asked to see one a while ago now. Good leadership and we'll weather the storm. Hard decisions have to be taken, doing more of the same isn't enough. I will give kudos to general management. Their demotion of Hayden, whether you agree with it or not, is at least a sign that they are capable of making hard decisions (although still a way to go, if you're going to get rid of someone you don't think is up to the job, just make it a clean break. It could've backfired so easily if Hayden was petty and decided to **** everything up before he left). Their usual tactic is just to wait patiently for them to resign so it's a step forward.

Wasn't much more he could of messed up, Dept's been a mess since Mathew and Jurv were managers, Once they left the downfall began.

Inseriousity.
31-12-2013, 05:00 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of wiping threads or messing around with the events panel. Thinking about it though, don't think it's possible any more so maybe not as much a risk as I was making out. Still a rather silly move though.

xxMATTGxx
31-12-2013, 05:26 PM

A brand new one is being made and a summary of it will be posted in January 2014. Apologies for the delay on that but with recent General Management changes we are confident that we can actually get one completed now.

Wasn't much more he could of messed up, Dept's been a mess since Mathew and Jurv were managers, Once they left the downfall began.

I was thinking more along the lines of wiping threads or messing around with the events panel. Thinking about it though, don't think it's possible any more so maybe not as much a risk as I was making out. Still a rather silly move though.

Maybe back in the day when we didn't have access to the backups easily without waiting for Jin - Especially with the deletion of threads etc. But in the recent years backups are now also stored externally to another dedicated server that is owned by myself. These backups are then managed by Recursion;. So "If" anything did happen then we could always try and restore it.

Kardan
31-12-2013, 05:42 PM

I'm sure this has been pointed out already, but you can't really compare HxL and HxHD to Events. News, sure - that's been terrible recently, but they have a new manager, so things *should* turn around in January - hopefully that happens to Events as well when a new manager gets picked.

And whoever posted about 'When we do events, you don't turn up' - then why don't you fix that?

MKR&*42
31-12-2013, 05:46 PM
It could've backfired so easily if Hayden was petty and decided to **** everything up before he left)..

I'm far too nice to do such a thing (A).

Kardan
31-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Ah, so I just realised Intersocial resigned even as AEM. So with no manager, or no assistant manager - this is surely the best time for a complete overhaul of the events department?

I mean, surely it can't get any worse, can it? Rather than just appoint another manager that will just keep everything the same, I hope general management get someone that is willing to change things, I said this before in the past, and everyone pretty much blasted me saying that consistency is the key - but where has that got us?

It would be nice to see some radical changes, just my opinion.

Yawn
31-12-2013, 06:13 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=792882

GoldenMerc
31-12-2013, 06:13 PM
17 staff is alot

Jurv
31-12-2013, 06:42 PM
bring back mathew and jurv

*the crowd goes wild*

*screams can be heard everywhere*

Samantha
31-12-2013, 06:43 PM
FlyingJesus; Kardan; I think it depends what event you host, the time you do etc. if you do different ones you get more people which Purfles; did today. That was rather full throughout the hour and it got new people in, he was interacting, making sure someone else hosted to keep them there. I then hosted and more of the non Habbox people stayed than the Habbox ones for the majority. I think we have some really great EOs in the bunch, but if they're currently away or not hosting for whatever reason then that is what needs to be sorted. There will be reasons and I'm sure the new manager will sort them.

FlyingJesus
31-12-2013, 07:39 PM
So what you're saying is we're gonna hope that things change by changing nothing

Samantha
31-12-2013, 07:47 PM
So what you're saying is we're gonna hope that things change by changing nothing

No, when did I say that exactly, as I know I didn't say it in those words if I did and I wouldn't mean to say that. I said that it depends on the events you host, and unique ones are a prime example of what Habbox needs. Likewise to the one on now we have about 32 people in, when people host events they do try to get those new people in and to get the Habbox ones in too.

Reality
31-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Ok the event that has been help over the last hour has really good activity, you know why? It's not the same event!
This is the problem with Habbox Events Staff at most, they all host the same events Bingo, Don't roll a 6, beat the..., telephrase.
Whereas Purfles (Elliot) today hosted Catching Mice, which proved to be very successful:

http://tashload.com/Uploader/uploads//FTMg1aI.jpg

The events hosts need to host a wider range of events and come up with new ideas for events. It's all well and good me saying that I know, because not many can think of new ideas but as a department surely with the amount of members there you should be able to come up with something?

!x!dude!x!2
31-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Ok the event that has been help over the last hour has really good activity, you know why? It's not the same event!
This is the problem with Habbox Events Staff at most, they all host the same events Bingo, Don't roll a 6, beat the..., telephrase.
Whereas Purfles (Elliot) today hosted Catching Mice, which proved to be very successful:

http://tashload.com/Uploader/uploads//FTMg1aI.jpg

The events hosts need to host a wider range of events and come up with new ideas for events. It's all well and good me saying that I know, because not many can think of new ideas but as a department surely with the amount of members there you should be able to come up with something?

i was in shoned's event other day and she had 9 people when 20 people where in the help desk

lemons
31-12-2013, 09:00 PM
People in the Help Desk shouldn't feel obliged to go to events....

sexpot
31-12-2013, 09:03 PM

no, but they can promote habbox's name just as easily in events as they do in HxHD

James
31-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Then they have no right to complain about there being none either. :Innocent:

lemons
31-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Then they have no right to complain about there being none either. :Innocent:

Of course I don't think I'd stay in the Help Desk for longer than 5 mins anymore :p

zebbadi
01-01-2014, 02:23 AM

You put people in charge hat only care about power, rather than the department itself and when I was Senior I made sure I could do everything I could everything in my power, to make sure everyone and everything was happy n going well. Events is a sham at the moment and you need to give someone who cares the job.

xxMATTGxx
01-01-2014, 02:26 AM
You put people in charge hat only care about power, rather than the department itself and when I was Senior I made sure I could do everything I could everything in my power, to make sure everyone and everything was happy n going well. Events is a sham at the moment and you need to give someone who cares the job.

You can't always tell if "someone" is just doing it for the power until they are actually in the role.

zebbadi
01-01-2014, 02:41 AM
You can't always tell if "someone" is just doing it for the power until they are actually in the role.
Well I hope you reopen apps mate because I wanna apply ad that's me be honest I know what we need to target and I know managers staying in the help desk all day doesn't help when I was senior I dedicated my life to events you ask Alex, even he cant deny me that, all I want to see is, someone going room to room trying to snap up good hosts, getting hxl to keep advertising for eos to apply and even make a small room advertising for people to join events, the next step then woykd be to bring the weekly events back animal speed way, whic is a popular game and mario maze which is something I know is in the works.

Jurv
01-01-2014, 03:30 AM
you sound a little desperate

Drunq
01-01-2014, 04:23 AM
Events are just plop am afraid :(

despect
01-01-2014, 11:43 AM
I think personally you need to hurry and get a manager because having no manager isn't doing the department any favours whatsoever, preferably someone who knows the department and wants it to do well. (That's not me saying the previous managers didn't because they did they all wanted the department to succeed) It's just a big mess now and i think when you do get a new manager in hopefully a fresh new face will somehow get the department out of the shambles it is in now.

Inseriousity.
01-01-2014, 12:51 PM

Lmao yes you're one of them! Throwing a hissy fit because you didn't get senior if I remember rightly and making Jade practically force Alex into choosing you as senior. You did do a good job in the end but it's pot calling the kettle black here.

Shar
01-01-2014, 12:56 PM
MANAGER ON HABBO FANSITE NEXT STOP PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

The staff won't cooperate with whoever is appointed the new manager if they don't like them and that's what makes the department not really progress as opposed to the new manager doing a crappy job.

FlyingJesus
01-01-2014, 08:16 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/33ushog.png

Only 2 people in the host/VIP area, same prize we give, same boring game, room doesn't seem to be full of the host's friends but it is nevertheless full with a queue for the next game. Our current rules and regulations mean that not only are people not going to our events but would rather go to someone elses who isn't officially anything to do with us - complete strangers are advertising Habbox better than the staff whose job it is to do so.

!x!dude!x!2
01-01-2014, 08:37 PM

Only 2 people in the host/VIP area, same prize we give, same boring game, room doesn't seem to be full of the host's friends but it is nevertheless full with a queue for the next game. Our current rules and regulations mean that not only are people not going to our events but would rather go to someone elses who isn't officially anything to do with us - complete strangers are advertising Habbox better than the staff whose job it is to do so.

its sad because its true

Logandyer45
01-01-2014, 09:05 PM
To be blunt, the department needs A LOT of work. I don't mean some, I mean A LOT. Hopefully Lewis does fine.

Jurv
01-01-2014, 09:12 PM
what the department needs is motivational music

i have provided a kelly rowland smash hit see below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py_PavqqOao

James
02-01-2014, 12:20 AM

I'm failing to remember the last event you turned up to though. So clearly you can't really complain about events if you're not helping them either.

MKR&*42
02-01-2014, 12:37 AM
what the department needs is motivational music

i have provided a kelly rowland smash hit see below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py_PavqqOao

In times like these only britney can help with force

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt8VYOfr8To

FlyingJesus
02-01-2014, 12:55 AM
I'm failing to remember the last event you turned up to though. So clearly you can't really complain about events if you're not helping them either.

9pm. You didn't need anything in this post other than the first two words

sex
02-01-2014, 01:09 AM
tom them people not advetising habbox they putting all fansite names in room to get more tags so therefore get more people in their events
its the same as people doing shop1chffmwelcomelounge in room name
they aren't advertisng the welcome lounge or shop they using it to get people in their rooms

also why was #3 autorun owner hired and not #1 (me)

jk mk will b gd

Kardan
02-01-2014, 01:29 AM
tom them people not advetising habbox they putting all fansite names in room to get more tags so therefore get more people in their events
its the same as people doing shop1chffmwelcomelounge in room name
they aren't advertisng the welcome lounge or shop they using it to get people in their rooms

also why was #3 autorun owner hired and not #1 (me)

jk mk will b gd

I think he's aware of that, he's just showing that event rooms not affiliated with Habbox are doing a better job at advertising than actual Habbox events.

And Purfles; I'm not entirely sure your attitude about trying to improve events is very good...

James
02-01-2014, 01:53 AM
I think he's aware of that, he's just showing that event rooms not affiliated with Habbox are doing a better job at advertising than actual Habbox events.

And Purfles; I'm not entirely sure your attitude about trying to improve events is very good...

I'm all for improving events. I just don't see the point in complaining when something goes wrong. It gets nowhere, especially as we didn't have a manager at the time.

Side note: It also annoys me when people complain about no/little events, when they barely even turn up to events anyway.

FlyingJesus
02-01-2014, 02:03 AM
AGAIN, if your event relies on people already from Hx turning up en masse in order to be any sort of success then it's pointless anyway since that doesn't do anything to make the community grow. Other than the lack of work being done by supposed staff members one of the biggest complaints in events is that there's a group of people that the host will talk to and then ignores everyone and everything else other than saying "plx sine up 2 furum" every few minutes, and suggesting that it's the fault of people who aren't staff and have no obligation to help you that your events are boring and empty is just daft. Every other site manages fine, the standalone hosts manage fine, it's just that Hx events staff seem to be under the impression that they're owed something by the people they've chosen to work for

ps: I've attended events more recently that you've hosted them, your move.

James
02-01-2014, 02:08 AM
Ever heard the phrase actions speak louder than words?

How about instead of complaining and being all sassy, you make your own little event room (I am willing to lend the furniture if it's a group room) and you apply for events and you help us out as well. Saying nothing gets done is pointless really. There are people who host, like shoned, tyler, cassie, and other people from different time zones that I don't really keep up with.

Matt
02-01-2014, 03:28 AM
It's very good of you to be point out other fansites doing better than us, in terms of room population, but you're not exactly suggesting any new ideas other than the fact you think events should be scrapped. As you said before about our current rules and regulations, what do you mean by that.

The Community Notice Board, the room promotions, the room names, the invites to friends and posting on the panel on habbox.com are all forms of advertising so that we get more people into our rooms. I'm pretty sure the other fansites would be doing exactly the same and advertising their forum to increase site traffic. We are doing the same as all other fansites and all you are critiquing is the fact they have more in their rooms than us.

In the event you screenied, what faniste is even hosting that event. It has so many different fansite names in it that it's hard to even tell who its being run by. How do you know the people in that event aren't all staff playing the event? They could well be? Also pointing out again the fact that we actually have 11 events hosts at the moment and that a lot of people are posted away. Snaphabbo has 27 events staff, HFFM, like us, has 4 events booked for today, and ThisHabbo has 80 staff members under their Events Staff list.

I fail to see how this thread is still going when there's our answer. I know you are saying that advertising events needs to be done more to get more organisers to join but comparing ourselves to other fansite events really does yourself no favours tbh.

Lanyon
02-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Removing events would be a dumb move. You have to have a manager who works hard on their events team. The blame finger must always be pointed at the manager if their team is doing nothing to create events for the day.

karter
02-01-2014, 09:39 AM
ban bingo and other dice games first OF ALL

also most event rooms are poorly designed and hurried up with uninterested and bored hosts and other staff sitting in the vip section also showing no interest

also prizes are mostly crap, last time i went to a habbox event i won some freeze tiles. The fansite great.la which was from Habbo Singapore and closed a few years ago always gave 5 credits as a prize for every competition, event as well as the competitions on the radio. If you can give credits as a prize for forum competitions I don't see a problem with events? great.la was immensely popular with 40+ people in every event of theirs. They also used to have wired tournaments, mazes and unique games

- - - Updated - - -

9pm. You didn't need anything in this post other than the first two words

lmao

- - - Updated - - -

What's with the hffm obsession...they're not a great fansite....nor are the events up to mark. Just their users seem to be more than Habbox's. Stop copying them as they are not doing a good job either, their events are sloppy and boring. Your excuse of "we're doing the same things they do" doesn't really work imo

Improve the standard of your event rooms and your hosting maybe then you'll gain some popularity lol

Calum0812
02-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Removing events would be a dumb move. You have to have a manager who works hard on their events team. The blame finger must always be pointed at the manager if their team is doing nothing to create events for the day.
No no no no. The manager could be doing all they can to improve the department but if the staff just don't do anything, there isn't much the manager can do about it.

In a job, if your boss tells you to do something, you can ignore them. But you don't. Because you need that job to get a wage and live. The reason I said that? At Habbox, there is no such threat. If you get removed, so what? Not like you will loose your house or whatever.

Now I'm not suggesting every staff member does / should have this attitude but it's a point. I think this thread should be left, give Mk,; the opportunity to work with the department for a month or two then re-evaluate how events is doing.

Kardan
02-01-2014, 01:00 PM
No no no no. The manager could be doing all they can to improve the department but if the staff just don't do anything, there isn't much the manager can do about it.

In a job, if your boss tells you to do something, you can ignore them. But you don't. Because you need that job to get a wage and live. The reason I said that? At Habbox, there is no such threat. If you get removed, so what? Not like you will loose your house or whatever.

Now I'm not suggesting every staff member does / should have this attitude but it's a point. I think this thread should be left, give Mk,; the opportunity to work with the department for a month or two then re-evaluate how events is doing.

It IS the manager's fault if they don't act on staff doing nothing. Managers should be able to fire people for inactivity rather than waiting for people to leave.

I feel like we're recycling managers until we get one that will finally do something (Good luck to you Mk,; - You've probably got the hardest job on Habbox right now).
mdport.; - No fansite is hosting that event, it's simply a normal Habbo hosting the event - they want to be popular, so they've just put all good fansites in their room name to steal all the players looking for that fansite's events - and it works! And it also means there can't be any 'staff' in the event, and it was already mentioned there were only 2 people in the host area. The host and a friend, no staff hanging around chatting!
Purfles; you need to stop blaming other people for how crap the events department is at the moment. Instead of posting something like 'Hopefully the department will improve now under a new manager', you say there's no point in complaining because it gets nowhere. Well, I'd say the complaining has got us two different managers in a month, that's certainly somewhere. It also brings the events department to the attention of general management, so the community AGM can focus her attention where it's needed. Nobody complains about HxL, because it works just fine.

Throughout these various 'Events is crap' thread, I've stated what I think needs to change, hopefully with a new manager (again) the department might look into these things:

Removal of AFK/VIP area. There's no need for it, it promotes people idling around in the room doing nothing. People come to a half full Habbox event, to see only 1 person in the queue and the rest just sleeping in a corner - and it's usually Habbox staff. If you want people to come into an event room, and not leave straight the way, there always needs to be a game in progress, not people standing around doing nothing. Event staff, as part of their job role, should be playing the events (except the host of course), not standing around the room doing nothing. If people want to socialise, go to HxHD.

Removal of reputation. It pretty much does nothing these days with the inclusion of a token prize. When a noob wins an event and asks what reputation is, I've NEVER seen an event host explain properly what it is, the best you get is "It's reputation on habboxforum.com, sign up!" which leaves you asking the question "So what is reputation?". Reputation on the forum shouldn't be influenced by how good at rolling a RNG you are. It's also a lot easier to say 'Furni or Tokens?' and when asked what tokens are, say 'You can exchange them for Habbo credits on habboxforum.com, sign up!' - a lot better than reputation.

Relaxing event hosting times - This needs to be done both ways. If we have a full event, why kick people out after an hour? Let it go for however long the host feels like hosting (heck, if its a group room, try and promote another EO taking over host duties). On the other hand, if an event has a few people in and it's about 10:50, move people along to the next event already, try and get people in the event before it starts so we don't have the usual problem of waiting until 20 past the hour for enough people to start a game. This also includes multiple hosts in the same 'slot' if there's enough demand.

Removal of crap events - Stop the bingo, please. It's awful. It's not doing the department any favours. If I were in charge, I'd have people post after their 'slot' how full the room got at its peak, maybe with a screenshot for proof. And then after a few weeks consideration, I'd ban the events that had the lowest turn out, and sort of have a rota of allowed events. So for example, 1st Jan - 14th Jan: Bingo and Get the Carrot banned. 14th Jan - 28th Jan: Bingo and Get the Carrot allowed (to see if numbers improve), Add It Up banned. Of course, you need to be flexible. If no events did badly, keep them all. If Bingo is doing badly every other fortnight - just get rid of it altogether.

Removal of crap furniture prizes - This will of course be hard to implement, but at the end of the day, it's simple. You host an event saying WIN 5C, you'll get a lot more people than the usual events when you win a prize worth less than 1c.

Removal of 'Best Host wins 300c' - It was essentially a one-way competition, once one host was already far ahead in hours hosted, and everybody else couldn't catch up, the competition was effectively over and hosts didn't care about hosting more than usual to reach the prize. Instead, encourage consistency from event hosts. The current minimum is what, 3 hours per week? That's pretty low already, but offer some sort of incentive if they reach say, 6 hours a week for a few weeks. That would double the amount of minimum events already. And let's say every week after that initial start period they hit 6 hours a week, they get another reward. We want to keep event hosts hosting, not try and get 1 host hosting a lot, and then everybody goes back to minimums:

So for example: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4*, Week 5*, Week 6*, Week 7**, Week 8** etc... (No rewards for initial weeks, * Good reward for hitting 6 hours a week from Week 1 to Week 4, 5, 6, ** Better reward for hitting 6 hours a week from Week 1 to Week 7, 8, 9 etc) - And lets say an EO breaks their streak of how many weeks they hit 6 hours a week, they start back at week 1. So if they want to reach the higher tier prizes, they have to be consistent each week. Of course, be fluid, if so many people are hitting that target (Thank the lord if that happens), up the limit.

These ideas have been talked about so many times in these sorts of threads, but the managers usually come out with 'We've taken your feedback into consideration', but then changed nothing. And most of the event organisers also seem to blame everyone but themselves.

As I said earlier, Mk,; is the new manager now, and hopefully he isn't afraid of making changes, because it's what the department needs. Things need to be changed, and if they don't work, change it back, at least you gave it a go. We need a complete overhaul of the events department if it wants to be any good. Good luck Mk,.

FlyingJesus
02-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Ever heard the phrase actions speak louder than words?

How about instead of complaining and being all sassy, you make your own little event room (I am willing to lend the furniture if it's a group room) and you apply for events and you help us out as well. Saying nothing gets done is pointless really. There are people who host, like shoned, tyler, cassie, and other people from different time zones that I don't really keep up with.

Because I am not an event host and have no desire to be. That has absolutely no bearing on anything I've said and your weak argument is like saying you can't complain about taxes unless you're an MP or can't support a football team unless you play for them. All you've said in here is IT'S NOT MY FAULT IT'S THE FAULT OF EVERYONE BUT ME and may I point out again that I've been to Hx events more recently than you at the moment so your actions speak louder than words rhetoric doesn't really make any sense.

It's very good of you to be point out other fansites doing better than us, in terms of room population, but you're not exactly suggesting any new ideas other than the fact you think events should be scrapped.

Someone obviously doesn't read feedback very often...

As you said before about our current rules and regulations, what do you mean by that.
The Community Notice Board, the room promotions, the room names, the invites to friends and posting on the panel on habbox.com are all forms of advertising so that we get more people into our rooms. I'm pretty sure the other fansites would be doing exactly the same and advertising their forum to increase site traffic. We are doing the same as all other fansites and all you are critiquing is the fact they have more in their rooms than us.

Room promotions are obviously necessary, not disputing that. Room names ought to have the event name stated first since that's what people are looking for and not [HABBOX][CASSIEEIE][INVITE PLS][dont get a carrot] but aren't that huge a deal. CNBs are not much of an advertisement since the only people who will see them are already on HxF and therefore likely part of the community anyway, and people from here who want events know how to look for them anyway since all you have to do is follow the gaggle of hosts who go to events and dance. That makes it a waste of time and space but the real problem is in the way that events are limited to one hour on the hour regardless of anything else that might be going on - more often than not the games don't start until 20 past because no-one turns up at first, and then there are a couple of rounds of the same people playing, the room builds up popularity aaaaaaand "sorry guys event is over! search hxhd!!!" when there are finally people queueing to play. We literally throw away free advertising just because for some reason it's believed that fun and games should have time limits

In the event you screenied, what faniste is even hosting that event. It has so many different fansite names in it that it's hard to even tell who its being run by. How do you know the people in that event aren't all staff playing the event? They could well be?

No fansite at all, that was the point. I went there and checked it out because I thought it was hilarious having all those fansite names in the title, and found that no-one there actually cared who was hosting as long as the game was running and the host wasn't busy being HiiLaRiiouS with his chums instead of hosting. It was one guy and his friend, the rest of the room was an assortment of people who just wanted to play bingo

Also pointing out again the fact that we actually have 11 events hosts at the moment and that a lot of people are posted away. Snaphabbo has 27 events staff, HFFM, like us, has 4 events booked for today, and ThisHabbo has 80 staff members under their Events Staff list.

I fail to see how this thread is still going when there's our answer. I know you are saying that advertising events needs to be done more to get more organisers to join but comparing ourselves to other fansite events really does yourself no favours tbh.

I'm not saying advertising events needs to be done, and comparison with rivals is kinda how one guages success. Not sure what you're on about here

Lewis
02-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Hey guys, I have looked at all of the feedback. There are a lot of great ideas throughout this entire thread and I do hope to take some on board when I work a few things out. I'm only going to quote a few things but that doesn't mean that the idea isn't being thought about. (Ah, I just accidently went on a different page and everything below disappeared. Auto save has saved me!)
@Kardan (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=3428);

Removal of AFK/VIP area. There's no need for it, it promotes people idling around in the room doing nothing. People come to a half full Habbox event, to see only 1 person in the queue and the rest just sleeping in a corner - and it's usually Habbox staff. If you want people to come into an event room, and not leave straight the way, there always needs to be a game in progress, not people standing around doing nothing. Event staff, as part of their job role, should be playing the events (except the host of course), not standing around the room doing nothing. If people want to socialise, go to HxHD.
The removal of the VIP area is something that can help but may also be unhelpful. A lot of people use this as an area to go AFK and this may help populate the room, but it could also discourage users to play. What I'm hoping to do is to get smaller VIP areas with only a few seats. This way, a few users will help populate the room WITHOUT the VIP area being crowded of over 10 people and hopefully this also encourages staff to play.

Removal of reputation. It pretty much does nothing these days with the inclusion of a token prize. When a noob wins an event and asks what reputation is, I've NEVER seen an event host explain properly what it is, the best you get is "It's reputation on habboxforum.com, sign up!" which leaves you asking the question "So what is reputation?". Reputation on the forum shouldn't be influenced by how good at rolling a RNG you are. It's also a lot easier to say 'Furni or Tokens?' and when asked what tokens are, say 'You can exchange them for Habbo credits on habboxforum.com, sign up!' - a lot better than reputation.
I don't see the removal of Tokens or Reputation coming very soon. What I want to do is having stickies in the room explaining them, and then any questions left can be asked to the host. This would of course be compulsory just as a 'How To Play' stickie is.

Relaxing event hosting times - This needs to be done both ways. If we have a full event, why kick people out after an hour? Let it go for however long the host feels like hosting (heck, if its a group room, try and promote another EO taking over host duties). On the other hand, if an event has a few people in and it's about 10:50, move people along to the next event already, try and get people in the event before it starts so we don't have the usual problem of waiting until 20 past the hour for enough people to start a game. This also includes multiple hosts in the same 'slot' if there's enough demand.
This can already be done if there's a free event after you. The problem is that if someone else has another event after you, it's thought that the users won't go to that event for whatever reason. I'm not saying it's something that won't/can't be changed, but it'd have to have some form of a limit.

Removal of 'Best Host wins 300c' - It was essentially a one-way competition, once one host was already far ahead in hours hosted, and everybody else couldn't catch up, the competition was effectively over and hosts didn't care about hosting more than usual to reach the prize. Instead, encourage consistency from event hosts. The current minimum is what, 3 hours per week? That's pretty low already, but offer some sort of incentive if they reach say, 6 hours a week for a few weeks. That would double the amount of minimum events already. And let's say every week after that initial start period they hit 6 hours a week, they get another reward. We want to keep event hosts hosting, not try and get 1 host hosting a lot, and then everybody goes back to minimums:
I can't see the minimum being raised from three a week in the foreseeable future, even if it seems low already. However, I really have been wanting a reward system similar to what you're saying. I believe that currently we have a system that helps fund prizes, but it could be a bit better. I haven't really planned one yet, but I hope to do so. I'd want it to be a permanent one, with some changes maybe. Perhaps if someone achieves something very well, they'll receive a completely furnished events room! (To anyone who asks how I'm going to fund it, I plan on using my own furniture.)

Removal of crap events - Stop the bingo, please. It's awful. It's not doing the department any favours. If I were in charge, I'd have people post after their 'slot' how full the room got at its peak, maybe with a screenshot for proof. And then after a few weeks consideration, I'd ban the events that had the lowest turn out, and sort of have a rota of allowed events. So for example, 1st Jan - 14th Jan: Bingo and Get the Carrot banned. 14th Jan - 28th Jan: Bingo and Get the Carrot allowed (to see if numbers improve), Add It Up banned. Of course, you need to be flexible. If no events did badly, keep them all. If Bingo is doing badly every other fortnight - just get rid of it altogether.
Removal of crap furniture prizes - This will of course be hard to implement, but at the end of the day, it's simple. You host an event saying WIN 5C, you'll get a lot more people than the usual events when you win a prize worth less than 1c.
I do have a few plans (and maybe rules) to come for getting more creativity when it comes to games, which I hope will help. I'll talk more about it when it's actually done :). For the prizes I absolutely agree. This will be sorted, I no longer want to see the likes of VIP Sofas in prizes!

@James (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=110283);

Events needs to have some sort of guest events host, that way you have more people but, the guest minimums will be in place with x amount of events per month...!
I know this may sound like a good idea, but it comes with A LOT of problems. (I believe some have already mentioned them.) I'm not saying it can't/won't be done in the future, but the problems take over the idea - even with some solutions, the problems continue to exist.

To anyone's I haven't replied to, I will eventually. Also, everything that I've said isn't just words - I do plan to do everything I've said above.

Logandyer45
02-01-2014, 04:51 PM
One of my suggestions would be - Have EO's book 3 events before a certain time on Mondays. This is a rule we have in HxL, yet, I still don't see why EO's can't use it. HabboxLive has grown yes, but if you were to impleant the pre-booking rule, they would book events. What would be the result of not pre-booking? Easy, warn them. Use the warning system just like HabboxLive.

In other suggestions, the crappy events needs to go. Common events aswell. Falling Furni being one. Falling Furni has been around for YEARS. It's an old event, I don't see why EO's still do it.

Just a couple of suggestions for you Mk,

Lewis
02-01-2014, 05:00 PM
This is what we need more of. I hope this continues! It had 30+ people for almost two hours (it was extended due to popularity.)
http://i41.tinypic.com/se371w.png

The Sims may not be wired or new, but it's a game that hasn't been hosted in a long time, in habbox or out of habbox. I hope to change some things around soon to get less classic events (such as falling furniture) hosted soon.

- - - Updated - - -

One of my suggestions would be - Have EO's book 3 events before a certain time on Mondays. This is a rule we have in HxL, yet, I still don't see why EO's can't use it. HabboxLive has grown yes, but if you were to impleant the pre-booking rule, they would book events. What would be the result of not pre-booking? Easy, warn them. Use the warning system just like HabboxLive.

In other suggestions, the crappy events needs to go. Common events aswell. Falling Furni being one. Falling Furni has been around for YEARS. It's an old event, I don't see why EO's still do it.

Just a couple of suggestions for you @Mk, (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=70869)

I really do want pre-booking and I may consider it. The problem is that I know a lot of the current staff prefer booking when they know they have time, as it's hard for some of them to know if they're available. Nevertheless, it's still something to consider. And I agree on that, I'm going to do my best soon to cut them down.

Logandyer45
02-01-2014, 05:07 PM
This is what we need more of. I hope this continues! It had 30+ people for almost two hours (it was extended due to popularity.)
http://i41.tinypic.com/se371w.png

The Sims may not be wired or new, but it's a game that hasn't been hosted in a long time, in habbox or out of habbox. I hope to change some things around soon to get less classic events (such as falling furniture) hosted soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I really do want pre-booking and I may consider it. The problem is that I know a lot of the current staff prefer booking when they know they have time, as it's hard for some of them to know if they're available. Nevertheless, it's still something to consider. And I agree on that, I'm going to do my best soon to cut them down.

Lewis, I do wish you the best of luck. If I wasn't running low on prizes, I would re-join.

Lewis
02-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Lewis, I do wish you the best of luck. If I wasn't running low on prizes, I would re-join.

Aha, well you don't really need to worry about that. One of my goals is to try get new staff even if they don't have prizes. I'd happily fund some prizes to any of the event organisers if they really need it. (As long as the event isn't the same old games!)

FlyingJesus
02-01-2014, 05:29 PM
(it was extended due to popularity.)

scream omf an idea actually got taken on board :P beforehand no-one would do it because they weren't allowed to host the same thing twice which was ridonkulous lol

btw if CNBs are gonna stick around can they finally be sorted out properly with a uniform style like it's hideous atm looking through that forum
http://i43.tinypic.com/2053xts.png
AM am PM pm NOWnow ~ - _#_ [Habbox} <SEQRch horses] [PRIZE] (hxl) !!!

Lewis
02-01-2014, 05:35 PM
scream omf an idea actually got taken on board :P beforehand no-one would do it because they weren't allowed to host the same thing twice which was ridonkulous lol

btw if CNBs are gonna stick around can they finally be sorted out properly with a uniform style like it's hideous atm looking through that forum
http://i43.tinypic.com/2053xts.png
AM am PM pm NOWnow ~ - _#_ [Habbox} <SEQRch horses] [PRIZE] (hxl) !!!

Aha yeah, it'd look more professional if they all looked the same. I was going to post in 24 hour time (as I prefer it) but everyone's using AM and PM xD

FlyingJesus
02-01-2014, 05:44 PM
You're the boss now, punch them until they do what you say :P also I think it would prob look neatest with the time written first because then it'll all be in order and pretty alsooo have the host's name in all the titles so it doesn't look out of place when someone else has to do the thread for them so likeeee

[04:00 - Melting Carpets] - FlyingJesus

or something

Lewis
02-01-2014, 06:10 PM
I've updated the rules and you are now allowed to extend your event whether or not there is or is not an event next.

And also if there isn't an event before you and, say it's 17:30 and your event is 18:00, you're allowed to start it early. It must be said in the community notice board post, though.

lemons
02-01-2014, 06:15 PM
lewis doing a fab job already :]

Empired
02-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Mk,; I was just reading through your reply to Kardan and I was thinking about that bit where people are in one event and then don't go onto the next for some reason. I know that does actually happen because I've been an EO twice (but both for horrendously short amounts of time) and I think it's just because the person knows that it's gonna take a good ten minutes to get the next room to fill up enough to actually start playing. What I'm trying to say is they're gonna go and type "prize" or "game" or whatever into the navigator and then click the most popular room.

I understand that it's pretty much impossible to fill up a room so fast but is it not worth only having group rooms or something? Like 3-4 (or however many you want) rooms that can be designed by the events staff that are set up to accommodate for as many events as possible. Plus that would mean they'd get a lot more Rates (what do you even call those thumbs up things these days) and it would be easier to get the Room Promos nice and high. Plus by combining all the event staffs' furni, we wouldn't all have to be stuck with the rooms that look really cheap, which are shamefully common these days. And it would mean that the rooms can still be updated to suit seasonal themes or anything you like, while not crippling the EOs' purses so they can spend more credits on prizes. It would be easier for you to make sure they were all following the "rules" as well with stickies up and the VIP areas not too big. If you did this it would mean that you could get people to favourite these particular group rooms so that they could find it easily and keep coming back.

I know it would require a lot of trust for staff not to eject furni but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they did. All you'd have to do is put it back together again afterwards.

Oops didn't mean to write so much sorry. This was just an idea, sorry if it's already been suggested and I hadn't noticed or something :$

Lewis
02-01-2014, 06:43 PM
@Mk, (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=70869); I was just reading through your reply to Kardan and I was thinking about that bit where people are in one event and then don't go onto the next for some reason. I know that does actually happen because I've been an EO twice (but both for horrendously short amounts of time) and I think it's just because the person knows that it's gonna take a good ten minutes to get the next room to fill up enough to actually start playing. What I'm trying to say is they're gonna go and type "prize" or "game" or whatever into the navigator and then click the most popular room.

I understand that it's pretty much impossible to fill up a room so fast but is it not worth only having group rooms or something? Like 3-4 (or however many you want) rooms that can be designed by the events staff that are set up to accommodate for as many events as possible. Plus that would mean they'd get a lot more Rates (what do you even call those thumbs up things these days) and it would be easier to get the Room Promos nice and high. Plus by combining all the event staffs' furni, we wouldn't all have to be stuck with the rooms that look really cheap, which are shamefully common these days. And it would mean that the rooms can still be updated to suit seasonal themes or anything you like, while not crippling the EOs' purses so they can spend more credits on prizes. It would be easier for you to make sure they were all following the "rules" as well with stickies up and the VIP areas not too big. If you did this it would mean that you could get people to favourite these particular group rooms so that they could find it easily and keep coming back.

I know it would require a lot of trust for staff not to eject furni but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they did. All you'd have to do is put it back together again afterwards.

Oops didn't mean to write so much sorry. This was just an idea, sorry if it's already been suggested and I hadn't noticed or something :$

I was planning on creating multiple event rooms for staff. (I said it in my Asst. Events Manager application, too) and it is something that will be done. I think all the events organisers should be part of the group, but only given admin to one that is next to host, alongside the seniors.

So, you can expect something similar to this eventually! :)

Empired
02-01-2014, 06:55 PM
I was planning on creating multiple event rooms for staff. (I said it in my Asst. Events Manager application, too) and it is something that will be done. I think all the events organisers should be part of the group, but only given admin to one that is next to host, alongside the seniors.

So, you can expect something similar to this eventually! :)
Good!

Also can it not be made so that you can only give prizes of credits or something. Even if it's only 2c, it's a better prize because most of the furni given out is either 2 for 1c or impossible to sell on.. :| If not, might be worth trying to get your staff to really think about what they buy. I remember I used to just go and bulk buy things that were worth between 2 and 4c. But because I bought bulk I would pay, say, 40c for everything instead of 50.

Lewis
02-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Good!

Also can it not be made so that you can only give prizes of credits or something. Even if it's only 2c, it's a better prize because most of the furni given out is either 2 for 1c or impossible to sell on.. :| If not, might be worth trying to get your staff to really think about what they buy. I remember I used to just go and bulk buy things that were worth between 2 and 4c. But because I bought bulk I would pay, say, 40c for everything instead of 50.

Aha, yet again I have some plans for this. I'm not going to accept the likes of VIP sofas as prizes anymore. I might even add a banned list of furniture to give out!

Lanyon
02-01-2014, 07:09 PM

Now I'm not suggesting every staff member does / should have this attitude but it's a point. I think this thread should be left, give @Mk, (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=70869); the opportunity to work with the department for a month or two then re-evaluate how events is doing.

Fair statement. Perhaps if it's affordable, there should be a better reward system for the event staff. Otherwise, it would be awesome to be the DJ to have an event room to hang out in more often :) It hasn't happened too often and it would be sexy to see it more often haha :P

Good luck guys

Lewis
02-01-2014, 07:32 PM
The events department now have a banned list of furniture. This includes the likes of VIP Sofas.

Not only that, they are required to give either three good furniture or three bronze coins as a prize. If they ever have trouble supplying prizes, they are welcome to ask me.

Kardan
02-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Thank you general management for hiring Mk,; - I feel like he's done so much more already than the previous two managers ever did to put it bluntly.

lemons
02-01-2014, 11:10 PM
I taught lewis everything he knows Mk,;

And I think prebooking would work better when there is more staff - it's likely that a lot of events would be cancelled last minute or rearranged due to people having other commitments they didn't know they had when they booked events

xxMATTGxx
02-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Thank you general management for hiring Mk,; - I feel like he's done so much more already than the previous two managers ever did to put it bluntly.

I'm personally quite pleased with Lewis so far - I hope it continues!

lawrawrrr
02-01-2014, 11:28 PM
I think that's the thing when you bring in an outsider, they will come in and not necessarily do the same thing they've been trained to do, training to do, because they simply don't KNOW what the last manager(s) did! Not always a positive though - but seems to be so far :)

James
02-01-2014, 11:30 PM
I'm personally quite pleased with Lewis so far - I hope it continues!
You should join events matt. that'd be funny.

Martin
02-01-2014, 11:40 PM
You should join events matt. that'd be funny.

He can always host events as GM :P (I know skynus has hosted a couple in the past! :D)

FlyingJesus
03-01-2014, 12:07 AM
Is Laura drunk

lawrawrrr
03-01-2014, 12:12 AM
What? No. What I posted makes perfect sense. If you're a senior/staff in a certain department, you learn the management of the department in the way YOUR manager did, and very few people here have the strength, conviction, intelligence or determination to actually make changes. Whereas Lewis doesn't really know how Alex did it (behind the scenes) so will bring in a completely new style.

Inseriousity.
03-01-2014, 12:52 AM
On the other hand, very few people have the strength, conviction, intelligence or determination to actually make changes so they could come in from outside, they don't really know how things work so who do they ask? The staff and other managers and they don't have that confidence that knowledge of the department brings you to say 'I know that this doesn't work as good as it should, I'll change this' and 'I know this works well, we'll keep this' (the latter being just as important as the former and often forgotten about). It could work both ways and I would hope that management do not completely write off those inside the department first before looking outside it (not saying they have though).

Yupt
03-01-2014, 12:56 AM
Can't be bothered to read the entire thread to be honest - but regarding the VIP area thing, why don't you make the rules that in order to enter the area you must play a round first?

Calum0812
03-01-2014, 12:57 AM
Can't be bothered to read the entire thread to be honest - but regarding the VIP area thing, why don't you make the rules that in order to enter the area you must play a round first?
That'd be difficult to moderate while the host is trying to host - or do you mean just for staff? Either way, hard to moderate.

Samantha
03-01-2014, 12:59 AM

Might be hard to monitor that, plus I think there would be exceptions such as the DJ as usually they're concentrating on their show rather than playing the event. However, minimising the space used is something worth looking into and I know Hayden had ideas regarding that too.

Lewis
03-01-2014, 01:03 AM
I am working on some plans to encourage staff, including other events organisers, to play rather than stay in a vip area. Some of the events organisers are requesting that 'habboxvip' is brought back, but I don't think I will be doing that anytime soon.

MKR&*42
03-01-2014, 01:10 AM
I am working on some plans to encourage staff, including other events organisers, to play rather than stay in a vip area. Some of the events organisers are requesting that 'habboxvip' is brought back, but I don't think I will be doing that anytime soon.

Thank goodness for that :)

FlyingJesus
03-01-2014, 01:23 AM
A new style to what was done before (ie: nothing) can only be good :P Things seem to be on the up already, still a lot of same faces in the events but a lot of outsiders too which is really nice

Let's face it once Gina returns to events the department will be saved 100%

Yupt
03-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Don't know why it would be hard to moderate, it would just be like before wired came along. "X thanks for playing, VIP or line?"

Kardan
03-01-2014, 01:48 AM
Don't know why it would be hard to moderate, it would just be like before wired came along. "X thanks for playing, VIP or line?"

I think it would be easy. If you want an AFK area, make it closed off from the rest of the room, so you can't walk into it. Then only give out the wired teleport code after each round. Simples.

FlyingJesus
03-01-2014, 01:57 AM
Or use teleporters so that people can't get there without you letting them *+*+*+*

akeel$
03-01-2014, 10:15 AM
been searching for events all day and nobody came up surprised cos this is actually the best fantise on habbo, and the thing that concerns me is it is an official fantise so it should definitely be doing more.

Aiden
03-01-2014, 10:30 AM
been searching for events all day and nobody came up surprised cos this is actually the best fantise on habbo, and the thing that concerns me is it is an official fantise so it should definitely be doing more.

i hear hffm is gd this time of yr... move there

akeel$
03-01-2014, 10:39 AM
i'll pass xo

MKR&*42
03-01-2014, 10:46 AM
What's with the hffm obsession...they're not a great fansite....nor are the events up to mark. Just their users seem to be more than Habbox's. Stop copying them as they are not doing a good job either, their events are sloppy and boring. Your excuse of "we're doing the same things they do" doesn't really work imo

This^. Their popularity is desireable and something Habbox needs to go towards, but I've been into their events many times and I honestly would pick Habbox every day as the atmosphere is 10 times better. If I was a new user and went into a HFFM event I'd feel intimidated quite quickly as there are a lot of....... hmmm.. let's say "negative people" ..... in there - doesn't happen as often at Habbox.

lemons
03-01-2014, 10:49 AM
hffm events are way more exciting and fun even to just be in the room is more interesting than being in most of the habbox events

that said hffm events can be annoying sometimes cus they have noob hosts

Kardan
03-01-2014, 12:32 PM
This^. Their popularity is desireable and something Habbox needs to go towards, but I've been into their events many times and I honestly would pick Habbox every day as the atmosphere is 10 times better. If I was a new user and went into a HFFM event I'd feel intimidated quite quickly as there are a lot of....... hmmm.. let's say "negative people" ..... in there - doesn't happen as often at Habbox.

That's because there's barely any events to go to for Habbox, and for the ones people can attend, there's barely anyone there to be 'negative'.

MKR&*42
03-01-2014, 01:22 PM
That's because there's barely any events to go to for Habbox, and for the ones people can attend, there's barely anyone there to be 'negative'.

I've seen quite a few events at Habbox get relatively popular and yes there are less than HFFM, but there was a period recently where the entire week was jam packed with events and hardly any negativity in there minus a few incidents :P

Lewis
03-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Hey guys. I'm going to post here every so often to let you know any updates that I've done or plan on doing.

Firstly, I've introduced weekly challenges under every week in the booking calendar. These will earn you points and you can spend them on funding for your events, prizes of your own and hopefully more soon :). Weekly challenges can be anything good, such as playing five events that you're fellow events staff have hosted.

Weekly banned events will only last the week it's posted on in the booking calendar unless it's extended to the next week. This will hopefully encourage more staff to get out of their comfort zone and be more original.

P.S I may be planning a biggish event for next month :).

FlyingJesus
03-01-2014, 02:45 PM
FOR MY BIRTHDAY

Sian
03-01-2014, 03:42 PM
As a start with the pre-booking, maybe it'll be a good idea to get them to pre-book 1/2 of their events before the beginning of the week?

Lewis
03-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Hey guys! For a week from the 8th, the following games will be banned: Dice related games (With an exception of The Sims and Board Games) - Falling Furniture - Pod Racing - Don't Touch My Wall

More might be added.

lawrawrrr
03-01-2014, 08:35 PM
I actually really enjoy pod racing, dttf and even dice games as long as they're not the majority but only occasionally!

But it'll be nice to show that we can offer other stuff, and let the staff prove that they know how to host good, original events!

on phone xx

Shar
03-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Interesting move, hopefully it will be a good one. It would be nice to see more variety of events

Lewis
03-01-2014, 08:36 PM
I actually really enjoy pod racing, dttf and even dice games as long as they're not the majority but only occasionally!

But it'll be nice to show that we can offer other stuff, and let the staff prove that they know how to host good, original events!

on phone xx

I understand that some do actually enjoy these events, that's why I have no plan banning them forever :P. Hopefully this'll help gain some more interesting events for next week :)

Aiden
03-01-2014, 08:37 PM
I defo won't be playing events now fgs

MKR&*42
03-01-2014, 09:08 PM
How long do you intend to ban them for? I never saw much of a problem with falling furniture as it can be sort of interesting if you have a poison chair and it's fairly popular amongst new users on the client which is a nice way to bring in new members etc. I hope you don't ban them all for too long as even I (mr 99% anti-luck game himself) would never ban them for more than 2 weeks :P
--
I did at one point consider a system where hosts would have to host at least 1 skill event (something like a quiz / trivia / multitasking / pay day) for every 2 luck events they did to reduce the issue with such generic events, however this felt too restrictive so I left it in the end. Just an idea if you ever wanted to adopt or build upon that system.

Lewis
03-01-2014, 09:18 PM
How long do you intend to ban them for? I never saw much of a problem with falling furniture as it can be sort of interesting if you have a poison chair and it's fairly popular amongst new users on the client which is a nice way to bring in new members etc. I hope you don't ban them all for too long as even I (mr 99% anti-luck game himself) would never ban them for more than 2 weeks :P
--
I did at one point consider a system where hosts would have to host at least 1 skill event (something like a quiz / trivia / multitasking / pay day) for every 2 luck events they did to reduce the issue with such generic events, however this felt too restrictive so I left it in the end. Just an idea if you ever wanted to adopt or build upon that system.

I don't intend to ban them for two weeks, don't worry. I was thinking something along the lines of that, but I decided to do the weekly banned events idea. Of course not every week has to have banned events, though.

Next week is really just a trial week to see how it turns out.

Daltron
04-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Usually I find FlyingJesus slightly odd with the sarcastic random posts everywhere but I think he makes a very good point here.

Why not just get rid of the entire department and let anyone host events on behalf of Habbox? I have started hosting events in my room on Habbo over the past 2 weeks and it usually always reaches 30-40 users and I would happily advertise Habbox whilst doing this.

I don't like the idea of having to follow strict regulation here, change my usertitle, be active in a staff forum, submit for assessment, take direction from a manager about how to do things and all that mumbo jumbo that seemed to happen when I was on a help desk trial. I don't know if it's my immaturity when it comes to fansites or just that I have not been around long but the internalised exclusive culture doesn't really help I suppose.

I would love to just host an event and slide in a habbox advertisement and be done with it. Habbox is a great community. But I can't actively advertise my event as a Habbox event whilst another is taking place with a whole 3 users can I? Lmao

You could:
- Create a thread with general information you would 'like' users to mention if they host an event for Habbox
- Create a sign up board where forum users with more than X posts could lodge there event times for Habbox users to attend if they wish

Habbox is clearly the most trustworthy and reliable fansite, but I don't think it's the most user active. Maybe you should seriously consider the idea as I don't see your current Events situation improving anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I just read back a few pages. I don't wanna be rude but how is banning certain games going to improve events?

Bails
04-01-2014, 04:29 AM
Usually I find FlyingJesus slightly odd with the sarcastic random posts everywhere but I think he makes a very good point here.

Why not just get rid of the entire department and let anyone host events on behalf of Habbox? I have started hosting events in my room on Habbo over the past 2 weeks and it usually always reaches 30-40 users and I would happily advertise Habbox whilst doing this.

I don't like the idea of having to follow strict regulation here, change my usertitle, be active in a staff forum, submit for assessment, take direction from a manager about how to do things and all that mumbo jumbo that seemed to happen when I was on a help desk trial. I don't know if it's my immaturity when it comes to fansites or just that I have not been around long but the internalised exclusive culture doesn't really help I suppose.

I would love to just host an event and slide in a habbox advertisement and be done with it. Habbox is a great community. But I can't actively advertise my event as a Habbox event whilst another is taking place with a whole 3 users can I? Lmao

You could:
- Create a thread with general information you would 'like' users to mention if they host an event for Habbox
- Create a sign up board where forum users with more than X posts could lodge there event times for Habbox users to attend if they wish

Habbox is clearly the most trustworthy and reliable fansite, but I don't think it's the most user active. Maybe you should seriously consider the idea as I don't see your current Events situation improving anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I just read back a few pages. I don't wanna be rude but how is banning certain games going to improve events?

While I also feel this is a really nice idea, I can also see it falling apart pretty quickly. People getting overly competitive with getting the most room visitors, trolls creating fake events and generally annoying the entire community. 10 events going on at once.

Generally It seems like a good idea, but there needs to be some aspect of organisation surely?

Daltron
04-01-2014, 04:59 AM
While I also feel this is a really nice idea, I can also see it falling apart pretty quickly. People getting overly competitive with getting the most room visitors, trolls creating fake events and generally annoying the entire community. 10 events going on at once.

Generally It seems like a good idea, but there needs to be some aspect of organisation surely?

Yeah I understand there would be initial problems with organisation and it's just an idea :P
Needs a lot more work to it though for it to be viable in the long run.

FlyingJesus
04-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Can I ask why 10 events at the same time all advertising Habbox and clamouring for more people to join is a bad thing :P

Just to note last night Gina hosted a random unplanned game in her room just because loads of people started turning up out of nowhere and it was fab for all involved, but she felt she couldn't use the opportunity to advertise Habbox in case she got in trouble here

Lewis
04-01-2014, 01:28 PM

You could:

- - - Updated - - -

It's only weekly bans and it's still in trial run. It's just to try improve the originality and the variety of events. (One step at a time)

For now I'm focusing on getting more staff to the department. The numbers aren't doing well at the moment.

Gina
04-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Can I ask why 10 events at the same time all advertising Habbox and clamouring for more people to join is a bad thing :P

Just to note last night Gina hosted a random unplanned game in her room just because loads of people started turning up out of nowhere and it was fab for all involved, but she felt she couldn't use the opportunity to advertise Habbox in case she got in trouble here
it wasnt even an event lmao was just trapping people with kitchen corner blocks and people decided to come in and play so i felt bad and offered prizes to the last people there

oh edits this quickly
was looking for some event things and found this
http://habbo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games
some obv they cant host and some are the games that are already there but it has some ideas anyway that people dont always host

lawrawrrr
04-01-2014, 02:52 PM
it wasnt even an event lmao was just trapping people with kitchen corner blocks and people decided to come in and play so i felt bad and offered prizes to the last people there

oh edits this quickly
was looking for some event things and found this
http://habbo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games
some obv they cant host and some are the games that are already there but it has some ideas anyway that people dont always host

http://habboxwiki.com/User_Made_Games

We also have a similar category, I contacted Alex and Hayden a while ago about expanding and adding to it but didn't hear anything.

I'd love it if people have ideas and would consider contributing either to the existing pages or adding!

Gina
04-01-2014, 02:55 PM
http://habboxwiki.com/User_Made_Games

We also have a similar category, I contacted Alex and Hayden a while ago about expanding and adding to it but didn't hear anything.

I'd love it if people have ideas and would consider contributing either to the existing pages or adding!
yeah would be good and im sure the eos can look at it if theyre stuck for ideas due to the banned events

lawrawrrr
04-01-2014, 02:57 PM
yeah would be good and im sure the eos can look at it if theyre stuck for ideas due to the banned events
yeah that's exactly what I thought! And I'd love to get updating the Our Events page on the main site too, but having no events staff in my department means that it's quite hard for us to get round it it :( Once you're settled in Mk,; gimme a shout and I'll speak to you more about it!

I'm trying now to think of some more games ideas and things :)

Lewis
04-01-2014, 04:29 PM
yeah that's exactly what I thought! And I'd love to get updating the Our Events page on the main site too, but having no events staff in my department means that it's quite hard for us to get round it it :( Once you're settled in @Mk, (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=70869); gimme a shout and I'll speak to you more about it!

I'm trying now to think of some more games ideas and things :)

That'd be great to work on sometime, alongside adding more events in the handbook. :)

goldenRAINBOWxo
04-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Well I think you should organise a meeting with the events staff and find out what's actually going on and see why they're not hosting. Maybe offer a reward each week for the person who hosts the most events or something. Might give them some motivation of some sort.

Lewis
05-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Well I think you should organise a meeting with the events staff and find out what's actually going on and see why they're not hosting. Maybe offer a reward each week for the person who hosts the most events or something. Might give them some motivation of some sort.

I've already put in a reward system a couple of days ago :)

Lewis
05-01-2014, 03:43 PM
My snake's been great over this hour and a half :)

http://i41.tinypic.com/303hanm.png

FlyingJesus
05-01-2014, 06:29 PM
tmi Lewis

Lewis
05-01-2014, 06:40 PM
tmi Lewis

It was more of an advertisement to try and get more people interested in coming to the events :P

JerseySafety
06-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Everyone got fired because they were all ratted out for going on an illegal site. What a shame.

Lewis
17-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Just thought I'd post to let you know that there are now pre-made event rooms under the account 'HabboxEvent'. Staff can book these rooms to host events in :).

Yupt
18-01-2014, 01:12 AM
can the graphics department pls provide us with some good banners and signatures for next weeks events feedback thread.

Drew
18-01-2014, 04:33 AM
can the graphics department pls provide us with some good banners and signatures for next weeks events feedback thread.

What do you need? I'm confused, why are you requesting events graphics, Mr. Comps?

despect
18-01-2014, 10:36 AM
What do you need? I'm confused, why are you requesting events graphics, Mr. Comps?

I think he meant it sarcastically LOL.

O/T: But yeah good idea making an account under Habboxevents, i think it'll help considering some staff complain about not having enough furni then end up resigning. :)

Chug!
18-01-2014, 10:57 AM
events has gone dowwwwn:(

Samantha
18-01-2014, 11:37 AM
events has gone dowwwwn:(

You haven't read the whole thread, I believe you should :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!