PDA

View Full Version : help me pick out a good laptop +REP

Jurv
03-01-2014, 01:59 PM
alright so i'm gonna be ordering a new laptop for my birthday but i'm not sure what i should get

the only requirements i have is that it's from www.kandco.com and isn't over £600

i'll give anyone who helps +rep and maybe some credits if you are extra helpful and play habbo

Firehorse
03-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Assuming you're not in need of a gaming laptop, this should do you fine: http://www.kandco.com/lenovo-flex-15-intelreg-coretrade-i3-4gb-500gb-wifi-156in-touchscreen-convertible-laptop-with-microsoft-office-365/1339014825.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f4873%2c9

wixard
03-01-2014, 10:06 PM
mac
macmacma

amcamc
acmamc
amcmacmam
camc
acmacm
a
mc

macbook pro

Firehorse
03-01-2014, 10:06 PM
mac
macmacma

amcamc
acmamc
amcmacmam
camc
acmacm
a
mc

macbook pro

No.

wixard
03-01-2014, 10:09 PM
hashterix you are the reason i post in these threads

so lol

Edited by Calum0812 (Forum Moderator): Please stay on topic!

Futz
03-01-2014, 10:39 PM
filter for
i3/i5 - i3 is good, i5 is better but usually at an extra £100
15inch+ screen unless you can bare with anything smaller
7200RPM+ (this is the speed the hard drive wr at) hdd, maybe get one with a hybrid SSD portion (some laptops come with a small SSD hdd with the main hdd, this is usually quite useful, very quick read and write speeds
4-6gb+ of ram - pretty much the standard

_*_*_*_*_ optional _*_*_*_*_ if you want to use it for gaming other than low gfx games i'd recommend looking for one with a dedicated graphics card
the cpu graphics processing should be enough for games like habbo, minecraft etc if not

after that they're pretty much all the same and near the same price boundaries - it's really about looks, reliability and robustness at this point

other than that, just stay away from acer

solid brands are:
ASUS
samsung
lenovo
sony
toshiba

I presonally love the look and feel of samsung, sony and asus laptops

any reason you have to get it from that site? I had a quick look and it doesn't look like theres many good deals
saveonlaptops.co.uk is a good one if you need to look elsewhere

Jurv
04-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Assuming you're not in need of a gaming laptop, this should do you fine: http://www.kandco.com/lenovo-flex-15-intelreg-coretrade-i3-4gb-500gb-wifi-156in-touchscreen-convertible-laptop-with-microsoft-office-365/1339014825.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f4873%2c9

nope just need one that can do basic stuff for college and uni work. i'll look into that one, cheers man!

mac
macmacma

amcamc
acmamc
amcmacmam
camc
acmacm
a
mc

macbook pro

TOO EXPENSIVE

filter for
i3/i5 - i3 is good, i5 is better but usually at an extra £100
15inch+ screen unless you can bare with anything smaller
7200RPM+ (this is the speed the hard drive wr at) hdd, maybe get one with a hybrid SSD portion (some laptops come with a small SSD hdd with the main hdd, this is usually quite useful, very quick read and write speeds
4-6gb+ of ram - pretty much the standard

_*_*_*_*_ optional _*_*_*_*_ if you want to use it for gaming other than low gfx games i'd recommend looking for one with a dedicated graphics card
the cpu graphics processing should be enough for games like habbo, minecraft etc if not

after that they're pretty much all the same and near the same price boundaries - it's really about looks, reliability and robustness at this point

other than that, just stay away from acer

solid brands are:
ASUS
samsung
lenovo
sony
toshiba

I presonally love the look and feel of samsung, sony and asus laptops

any reason you have to get it from that site? I had a quick look and it doesn't look like theres many good deals
saveonlaptops.co.uk is a good one if you need to look elsewhere

i think my mums planning on paying weekly rather than the full price and wants me to order from there so i think it's my only option unfortunately. i don't really understand the technical stuff but what you've said makes it easier for me lmao i'll have a better look now and see if there's anything i like the look of, as for graphics i'm not too fussed because if i play games it'll just be basic stuff like sims or habbo

cheers big ears!

Eoin247
04-01-2014, 07:58 AM
Lenovo have a very solid range around at the moment and recently updated it. If you were going a decent gaming laptop the y510 is the best around for its price. They have cheaper ones too that have an excellent price against performance ratio.

Samsung laptops are great, but more expensive for the same power as Lenovo. They do tend to look better though.

ASUS is a company to be wary of IMO when it comes to portable technology. They have a bad track record when it comes to faulty tablets and laptops.

Recursion
04-01-2014, 02:51 PM

What he said.

Bankai90
10-01-2014, 01:49 AM
Lenovo have a very solid range around at the moment and recently updated it. If you were going a decent gaming laptop the y510 is the best around for its price. They have cheaper ones too that have an excellent price against performance ratio.

Samsung laptops are great, but more expensive for the same power as Lenovo. They do tend to look better though.

ASUS is a company to be wary of IMO when it comes to portable technology. They have a bad track record when it comes to faulty tablets and laptops.

Just like what he said. A little more on Lenovo, Lenovo is a brand which is known by its great performance with a good price range. In fact, it is the best laptop brands with windows OS, second to Apple in overall. If i'm not mistaken, it serves for almost 20 years to the users in terms of technology equipment.

scottish
10-01-2014, 01:57 AM
Just like what he said. A little more on Lenovo, Lenovo is a brand which is known by its great performance with a good price range. In fact, it is the best laptop brands with windows OS, second to Apple in overall. If i'm not mistaken, it serves for almost 20 years to the users in terms of technology equipment.

What?

Within a matter of months the tecnhology will be out of date.

Best laptop brands according to whom? I'd rate Dell, Samsung, Sony, ASUS, Acer, HP above Lenovo.

Bankai90
10-01-2014, 01:59 AM
What?

Best laptop brands according to whom? I'd rate Dell, Samsung, Sony, ASUS, Acer, HP above Lenovo.

As of 2013, sorry for not including that.

scottish
10-01-2014, 02:35 AM
Again, according to whom.

Chippiewill
10-01-2014, 02:38 AM
Sony above Lenovo.

Bit of a stretch there.

Bankai90
10-01-2014, 07:24 AM
Again, according to whom.

1. http://www.rankingthebrands.com/The-Brand-Rankings.aspx?rankingID=203&year=601

2. http://www.clicktop10.com/2013/03/top-10-best-laptops-brands-of-2013/

3. http://blog.laptopmag.com/lenovo-brand-rating

Everyone has their own opinion. I shared what i know. :)

Hannah
10-01-2014, 06:36 PM
I have kandco, so expensive - but easier to pay off.

As mentioned several times, the Lenovo is a great pick.

http://www.kandco.com/sony-vaio-fit-15-e-intelreg-pentiumreg-processor-4gb-ram-500gb-hard-drive-155-inch-touch-screen-laptop---white/1282100364.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f101001%2fs%2fpri ce%2c1%2fr%2f48 is good for your specified uses.

There's also http://www.kandco.com/hp-pavilion-15-n027sa-amd-a10-processor-8gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-156-inch-touchscreen-laptop---ano-silver-midnight-black-aluminium/1326572886.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f101001%2fs%2fpri ce%2c1%2fr%2f48, but that is only really if you're looking for a touch screen. It does have £200 off, but the only reason for the high price is the touch screen technology.

I'd definitely recommend the Lenova or Sony VAIO.

- - - Updated - - -

What?

Dell is awful! Good at first a while - but after a period of time they turn to ****.

Bankai90
10-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Dell is awful! Good at first a while - but after a period of time they turn to ****.

Agree with you there. i would suggest Dell if its like 2 or 3 years ago. But now, i don't think so.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!