Thought on this trending topic?

IceNineKills
03-01-2014, 05:29 PM
we gave them america. we win.

karter
03-01-2014, 05:34 PM

http://i40.tinypic.com/2a77c00.png

Edited by Drewar (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks!

Aiden
03-01-2014, 05:38 PM
I legit think Britain but maybe by brain is playing bias tricks on me! But yeah - we're better!

sex
03-01-2014, 05:41 PM
they were already famous in the uk and europe lol
usa only made them famous in usa

Samantha
03-01-2014, 05:41 PM
How did America make One Direction famous? I thought people were trying to sue them for having the same name as them lmao.

Aiden
03-01-2014, 06:02 PM
They have Twilight, we have Harry Potter.
They have Obama, we have the Royal Family.
They have X-Factor US, we have the X-Factor.

We also have...

James Bond
J.K. Rowling
The Queen
Queen (band)
One Direction
Adele
Boris Johnson
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Misfits
Skins
Martin Freeman
David Tennant
Benedict Cumberbatch
Orlando Bloom

Kardan
03-01-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm unsure what the topic at hand even is...

You're trying to argue that one country is better than the other?

-:Undertaker:-
03-01-2014, 06:21 PM
I posted on Twitter...

#AmericansvsBritish We have the Queen, you have President Obama.

I'm unsure what the topic at hand even is...

You're trying to argue that one country is better than the other?

It's a trend on Twitter, just a bit of humour.

And even if we were arguing one country is better than another, so what? I think Britain is the best country in the world. That too judgemental?

Kardan
03-01-2014, 06:40 PM
I posted on Twitter...

It's a trend on Twitter, just a bit of humour.

And even if we were arguing one country is better than another, so what? I think Britain is the best country in the world. That too judgemental?

You think Britain is the best country in the world, yet there's so many things about Britain that you can't stand? :P

My opinion is that there is no definite answer, it's all opinion based really :P

Shar
03-01-2014, 06:41 PM

We also have...

James Bond
J.K. Rowling
The Queen
Queen (band)
One Direction
Adele
Boris Johnson
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Misfits
Skins
Martin Freeman
David Tennant
Benedict Cumberbatch
Orlando Bloom

I wouldn't boast about Boris Johnson

Aiden
03-01-2014, 07:02 PM

He's interesting ;)

Jurv
03-01-2014, 07:22 PM

We also have...

James Bond
J.K. Rowling
The Queen
Queen (band)
One Direction
Adele
Boris Johnson
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Misfits
Skins
Martin Freeman
David Tennant
Benedict Cumberbatch
Orlando Bloom

ADELE YES

queen of the british music scene and can easily sell more than most american artists

wixard
03-01-2014, 07:35 PM

TAKE THAT BACK!

that man is amazing

Shar
03-01-2014, 07:48 PM
TAKE THAT BACK!

that man is amazing
each to their own

OldLoveSong
03-01-2014, 08:05 PM
canada is fab +*+* just puttin that in there

Zak
03-01-2014, 08:24 PM

Lmao this

Great British inventions

Reflecting telescope: Isaac Newton, 1668

Seed drill: Jethro Tull, 1701

Marine chronometer: John Harrison, 1761

Spinning frame: Richard Arkwright, 1768

Toothbrush: William Addis, c. 1770

Soda water: Joseph Priestley, 1772
Hydraulic press: Joseph Bramah, 1795
Steam engine: Richard Trevithick, 1801
Glider: George Cayley, 1804
Tension-spoked wheel: George Cayley, 1808
Tin can: Peter Durand, 1810
Modern fire extinguisher: George William Manby, 1818
Electric motor: Michael Faraday, 1821
Waterproof material: Charles Macintosh, 1823
Cement: Joseph Aspdin, 1824
Passenger railway: George Stephenson, 1825
Lawnmower: Edwin Beard Budding, 1827
Photography: William Henry Fox Talbot, 1835
Electric telegraph: Charles Wheatstone & William Cooke, 1837
Chocolate bar: JS Fry & Sons, 1847
Hypodermic syringe: Alexander Wood, 1853
Synthetic dye: William Perkin, 1856
Bessemer process: Henry Bessemer, 1856
Linoleum: Frederick Walton, 1860
Sewage system: Joseph Bazalgette, 1865
Modern Torpedo: Robert Whitehead, 1866
Telephone: Alexander Graham Bell, 1876
Light Bulb: Joseph Swan, 1880
Steam turbine: Charles Parsons, 1884
Safety bicycle: John Kemp Stanley, 1885
Pneumatic tyre: John Boyd Dunlop, 1887
Thermos flask: Sir James Dewar, 1892
Electric vacuum cleaner: Hubert Cecil Booth, 1901
Disc Brakes: Frederick William Lanchester, 1902
Stainless Steel: Harry Brearley, 1913
Military tank: Ernest Swinton, 1914
Television: John Logie Baird, 1925
Catseye: Percy Shaw, 1933
Jet Engine: Frank Whittle, 1937
Electronic programmable computer: Tommy Flowers, 1943
Hovercraft: Christopher Cockerell, 1953
Automatic kettle: Peter Hobbs, 1955
Float Glass: Alastair Pilkington, 1959
Hip Replacement: John Charnley, 1962
Carbon fibre: Royal Aircraft Establishment engineers, 1963
Collapsible baby buggy: Owen Maclaren, 1965
ATM: John Shepherd-Barron, 1967
World Wide Web: Tim Berners-Lee, 1989
Wind-up radio: Trevor Baylis, 1991
Steri-spray: Ian Helmore, c. 2008

sexpot
03-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Texas is the best

http://i.imgur.com/1Ypg6aa.gif

!x!dude!x!2
03-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Texas is the best

http://i.imgur.com/1Ypg6aa.gif

lmao yes :P

i still think USA is better than the UK
but canada is on top ;)

Aiden
03-01-2014, 09:13 PM
lmao yes :P

i still think USA is better than the UK
but canada is on top ;)

Canada is defiantly not the best.

!x!dude!x!2
03-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Canada is defiantly not the best.

it is so :(

Aiden
03-01-2014, 09:22 PM
it is so :(

Compared to the UK & US, Canada wouldn't stand a chance! Plus you're a part of the Commonwealth where the British Queen is the head. I think that makes the Queen Canada's head of state. :O

03-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Compared to the UK & US, Canada wouldn't stand a chance! Plus you're a part of the Commonwealth where the British Queen is the head. I think that makes the Queen Canada's head of state. :O

The Queen being Head of the Commonwealth doesn't make her automatic head of state of Commonwealth countries, no - although you are right in that she is Queen of Canada as Canada is one of the Commonwealth countries that is a realm as opposed to a republic. :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/Queen_of_canada_wob.jpg

And here she is opening the Canadian parliament (which the Governor-General does on her behalf when she's not there) -

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KVO_hQhCheU/TgNLtycf7WI/AAAAAAAAAq0/Ejr9lcYCDyc/s1600/queen-parliament-1977-cp.jpg

Yupt
04-01-2014, 12:45 AM
I love being British. We're so small yet we're done so much. I'd love to see what we could have achieved if we had the pure size of USA.

USA is cool too though and turn out a lot of cool inventions, movies, celebs and what not.

lawrawrrr
04-01-2014, 01:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMJcZpvyNok

reminds me of this scene

thing is it doesn't even matter not everything is a bloody competition we're all humans can't we jsut get on

america wouldn't be america as we know it without the inventions and progress of lots of other countries, neither would britain

!:random!:!
04-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Britain is much better we have doctor who and sherlock what more does anyone need? although i do like american junk food... pop tarts are good :P

Circadia
04-01-2014, 01:12 AM
One Direction were made famous by UK fans mainly because we were the ones who, on social media such as tumblr and twitter, told other people about them who told some more people and more people up until now where I think most people now know them

Some things UK are better for and some things America are better for but I think the UK is better and as I'm from here I think I'm obligated to say so :')

sexpot
04-01-2014, 01:15 AM
just gonna leave this here

http://i.imgur.com/mieLdi4.jpg

j0rd
04-01-2014, 03:39 AM
One Direction were made famous by UK fans mainly because we were the ones who, on social media such as tumblr and twitter, told other people about them who told some more people and more people up until now where I think most people now know them

Some things UK are better for and some things America are better for but I think the UK is better and as I'm from here I think I'm obligated to say so :')

Also if Britons didn't vote for them on the X Factor, they would be working in supermarkets!

Circadia
04-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Also if Britons didn't vote for them on the X Factor, they would be working in supermarkets!

lmfao probably although I think most of them wanted to go to sixth form/college or were in sixth form/college at the time :')

Yawn
04-01-2014, 03:08 PM
they were famous everywhere in the world apart from america anyway

Inseriousity.
04-01-2014, 04:21 PM
britain ftw. sorry Ms.Aquamarine; but y'know its true ;)

Kardan
04-01-2014, 04:34 PM

In that case, all hail Russia!

Aiden
04-01-2014, 06:33 PM

Which state is that lol? Please I doubt they've ever done anything in current day and history which has made a bigger impact than Britain.

sexpot
04-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Which state is that lol? Please I doubt they've ever done anything in current day and history which has made a bigger impact than Britain.

>_>

Edited by Dilusionate (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks!

MKR&*42
04-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Obviously Britain with our decent spelling of words where we don't drop letters everywhere.

Hannah
04-01-2014, 07:48 PM
This is one of the most amusing trends I've seen on Twitter in a while.

Britain was great once upon a time, until around the beginning of the twentieth century - then it all started going **** up.

Lewis
04-01-2014, 08:58 PM
I've always preferred America to Britain. But us as scottish people (british too) sure have invented a lot of great things!

p.s before someone says, yes I know scotland is part of britain. :P

Ms.Aquamarine
04-01-2014, 11:53 PM
britain ftw. sorry Ms.Aquamarine; but y'know its true ;)

Yo Inseriousity., I'm really happy you like your own country, I'mma let you finish but AMERICA is one of the best countries of all time. Of all time!

There's one thing I do love bout Britain though :).....

that's the tea. ;)

eet
05-01-2014, 07:55 AM
IF IT WEREN'T FOR OUR ASSISTANCE DURING WORLD WAR II Y'ALL WOULD BE SPEAKING GERMAN SO ****

- - - Updated - - -

We also have...

James Bond
J.K. Rowling
The Queen
Queen (band)
One Direction
Adele
Boris Johnson
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Misfits
Skins
Martin Freeman
David Tennant
Benedict Cumberbatch
Orlando Bloom

First of all my dear the Royal Family has no political power so u cant really compare Obama to them its more like
We have Obama you have David Cameron
In addition to X Factor USA we have American Idol which although sucks nowadays, launched the careers of Kelly Clarkson,
Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks, and Adam Lambert.. X Factor UK only rly launched the careers of Leona Lewis, 1D, Cher Lloyd, and Little Mix

We also have

The Illustrious eet
Mariah Carey
Madonna
Britney Spears
Michael Jackson
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Justin Timberlake
Whitney Houston
Taylor Swift
Miley Cyrus (not rly proud of that)
Hannah Montana
Demi Lovato
Selena Gomez

karter
05-01-2014, 08:54 AM
as a neutral judge i prefer america over britain

Aiden
05-01-2014, 10:14 AM
First of all my dear the Royal Family has no political power so u cant really compare Obama to them its more like
We have Obama you have David Cameron
In addition to X Factor USA we have American Idol which although sucks nowadays, launched the careers of Kelly Clarkson,
Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks, and Adam Lambert.. X Factor UK only rly launched the careers of Leona Lewis, 1D, Cher Lloyd, and Little Mix

Sorry but our royal family isn't as easy replaceable as your president, they why I've compared them:L.

Ardemax
05-01-2014, 11:57 AM
IF IT WEREN'T FOR OUR ASSISTANCE DURING WORLD WAR II Y'ALL WOULD BE SPEAKING GERMAN SO ****

Yes I'm sure your help at the end is the main reason why we're not speaking German now

eet
05-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Yes I'm sure your help at the end is the main reason why we're not speaking German now

Ok my dear your people wouldn't necessarily be speaking German but the outcome would of been different had it not been for our assitance. People in London were sleeping in underground stations because of bombings ffs...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but our royal family isn't as easy replaceable as your president, they why I've compared them:L.

We elect our president and he has political power, the royal family is just there for ceremonially purposes

- - - Updated - - -

Who the hell is Girls Aloud? I remember when Simon made Cheryl Cole a judge on X Factor US And everyone was like "Who the ** is she?" and ppl thought it was Sheryl Crow when they heard the name

Kardan
05-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Ok my dear your people wouldn't necessarily be speaking German but the outcome would of been different had it not been for our assitance. People in London were sleeping in underground stations because of bombings ffs...

They were sleeping in underground stations between Sept 1940 - May 1941. The US joined the war in December 1941. So Americans had nothing to do with stopping the Blitz.

eet
05-01-2014, 03:34 PM
http://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s526x395/156894_10151933441636909_
2094218058_n.jpg
Y'ALL DID THIS TO HER ITS YOUR FAULT *REMOVED*

- - - Updated - - -

They were sleeping in underground stations between Sept 1940 - May 1941. The US joined the war in December 1941. So Americans had nothing to do with stopping the Blitz.
Ok my dear what do you think the outcome would've been had the US not assisted *REMOVED*

- - - Updated - - -

as a neutral judge i prefer america over britain
Yeah I would too if I were you I mean look at how Britain treated your country

Edited by Calum0812 (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter or be rude to other forum members.

Kardan
05-01-2014, 03:51 PM
http://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s526x395/156894_10151933441636909_
2094218058_n.jpg
Y'ALL DID THIS TO HER ITS YOUR FAULT FKERS

- - - Updated - - -

Ok my dear what do you think the outcome would've been had the US not assisted you ungrateful *****

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I would too if I were you I mean look at how Britain treated your country

If the US did not participate in the war, the Allies would have lost. The same applies for the UK and for the USSR, so your argument is void.

Aiden
05-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Does war have to be so important in which country is better? Say it was a high school, you're making the US the big badass and UK the little nerd... I think we all know who gets the girl ;)

Ardemax
05-01-2014, 05:52 PM

'Merica - Forgetting the existence of Russia since 1941.

05-01-2014, 06:03 PM
If the US did not participate in the war, the Allies would have lost.

And...

IF IT WEREN'T FOR OUR ASSISTANCE DURING WORLD WAR II Y'ALL WOULD BE SPEAKING GERMAN SO ***

Unlikely. As much as i'm fond of America, that's pretty much a myth. True we're grateful for the help of the United States - mainly financial which certainly helped make the situation at home better than it would have been in terms of food supplies and resources, but Britain was never under threat realistically of being invaded by the Third Reich - the Royal Navy of the time was far more powerful than the German Navy and had control of the seas which the Germans had failed to match even in the seas of Europe. Indeed, at the start of the war the British Imperial and American Navies were the same size. Without control of the seas, Hitler was confined to land wars.

What would have likely happened would have been a stalemate and a peace agreement with the Third Reich and the same goes for the colonies in Asia - Britain would have held off against the Empire of Japan is my guessing but would have probably permanently lost Hong Kong, Singapore and other Eastern colonies to Japanese rule. The Raj would have held off is my guess (backed up by history whereby the Japanese advance was stopped at the Burmese border), especially considering how Britain had oil supplies coming from British-held Persia and Arabia whereas the Japanese lacked that.

Empired
05-01-2014, 06:27 PM
As other people have already pointed out, this is not true.

I'd also just like to point out that America only looks fantastic because they came in right at the very end. Russia fought German troops on French beaches for so long and sacrificed thousands of men before America came in and took all their glory.

Also Emily; that picture isn't quite true. Although I'm not arguing that Britain is bigger than Texas ('cause it's not), it is a little bit bigger than that. It just looks smaller on the map because the further away from the equator a country is, the smaller it looks.

Ardemax
05-01-2014, 07:48 PM
...sacrificed thousands of men before America came in and took all their glory.

More to the tune of millions :P

goofyjadico
05-01-2014, 07:56 PM
america (h)

eet
05-01-2014, 09:57 PM
WE HAVE DISNEY WORLD AND DISNEY LAND OK

IceNineKills
06-01-2014, 12:09 AM
WE HAVE DISNEY WORLD AND DISNEY LAND OK
france has disney land too

GommeInc
06-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Didn't we create most of the television shows over in the US? American Idol came in 2002, Pop Idol first appeared in 2001. X Factor (UK = 2004 / US = 2011). They tried to recreate 'The Inbetweeners' but failed miserably. There's also 'The Office' which was a British programme. The only thing they seem good at are really stupid programmes like 'Big Bang Theory' (where all the nerds are unbelievably gay yet on the search for women) and anything to do with vampires. The only good programme really was Friends - it went downhill from there US sitcoms/television.

Also. One word = Obama. nuff said. At least our Head of State isn't necessarily a fraud, with double standards and no grasp of dignity or lac of constitutional affairs.

karter
06-01-2014, 05:47 AM
I'm looking at imdb's best rated programs and none of them are british sorry in entertainment america is the clear winner

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!