PDA

View Full Version : Do you wing your mates?

Blinger
05-01-2014, 05:04 AM
Simple. Do you wing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wingman_(social)) your mates when/if you go out? Are you good at it?

lRhyss
05-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Not tooting my own horn, but I'm amazing at this (h)

wixard
05-01-2014, 11:10 AM
always, im also quite amazing
i just like to see my friends happy

Jurv
05-01-2014, 11:27 AM
what does it mean?

karter
05-01-2014, 12:03 PM
no coz you gotta go out for that which mostly i dont do

buttons
05-01-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm quite good at it sober but asking me to do it drunk is a big no especially if it's a female wanting to hook up with a hot guy

wixard
05-01-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm quite good at it sober but asking me to do it drunk is a big no especially if it's a female wanting to hook up with a hot guy

do you just steal for yourself? im surprisingly nice and encourage it more for my friend the hotter I find the guy

Hannah
05-01-2014, 12:39 PM

^^ this.

buttons
05-01-2014, 12:54 PM
do you just steal for yourself? im surprisingly nice and encourage it more for my friend the hotter I find the guy
haha yeah I can't help but be like my friend likes u BUT OMG LOOK HOW DRUNK SHE IS I THINK SHE IS TRYING IT ON WITH EVERYONE then BUT in saying that i only really 'wing woman' rachael, if it was Amy or someone nice id totally big her up. rachael always used to try push *****rs on me thinking it's hilarious saying i fancy them so she deserves it

Futz
05-01-2014, 12:59 PM
we don't really intentionally wing on a random night out but me and my friends just end up in two's sometimes and i guess that's wingmanning when we're talking to a group of girls or something

but if we have a friend who is interested in a specific girl beforehand one of us will help him if she isn't alone

I like having girl wings personally, there's a few girls if I see out we'll have a good laugh and mutually wing but we'll end up having more fun together

Blinger
05-01-2014, 01:38 PM
what does it mean?
Look at the link in the first post.

---

I think female wings help considerably. Girls are more willing to talking to other girls if they don't think they'll be hit on instantly. But I'd you're with the right fella who knows what he's doing, it's a win win!

Kardan
05-01-2014, 02:51 PM

This.

And I don't really understand the concept of it really, it just reminds me of what kids used to do in the playground. If I were ever in that situation (luckily I'm not :P), I'd find it immature that someone had to get their friend to come and ask me - but that's just my opinion - and it's pretty irrelevant in this case anyway :P

wixard
05-01-2014, 03:15 PM
This.

And I don't really understand the concept of it really, it just reminds me of what kids used to do in the playground. If I were ever in that situation (luckily I'm not :P), I'd find it immature that someone had to get their friend to come and ask me - but that's just my opinion - and it's pretty irrelevant in this case anyway :P

that is NOT how it works!

i'll do it from a boys perspective as it's easier, this is what usually happens to me.
so you're on a night out and everyones drunk and you're both in the same crowd of people maybe or there are two crowds together, and you start randomly chatting to someone about WHATEVER cos you're drunk so it's usually something really stupid. it can go two ways, the guy you're initially chatting to (GUY A) can introduce you to his friend (GUY B) and maybe talk up his friend in a very subtle way, or perhaps say to his friend 'oh this girl does/is/has ____' like some sort of way to include him in the conversation, then usually LEAVES. this is guy B wingmaning guy A

OR you can be talking to the guy who's interested in you (GUY A) and his friend (GUY B) can come over or join in the conversation to make guy A look good, again in a very subtle way. he can also be like OH ___ IS HAVING AN AFTER PARTY YOU SHOULD COME, or he can find some way to get the rest of the group away so you two are alone

that's usually what happens for me anyway

Kardan
05-01-2014, 03:19 PM

i'll do it from a boys perspective as it's easier, this is what usually happens to me.
so you're on a night out and everyones drunk and you're both in the same crowd of people maybe or there are two crowds together, and you start randomly chatting to someone about WHATEVER cos you're drunk so it's usually something really stupid. it can go two ways, the guy you're initially chatting to (GUY A) can introduce you to his friend (GUY B) and maybe talk up his friend in a very subtle way, or perhaps say to his friend 'oh this girl does/is/has ____' like some sort of way to include him in the conversation, then usually LEAVES. this is guy B wingmaning guy A

OR you can be talking to the guy who's interested in you (GUY A) and his friend (GUY B) can come over or join in the conversation to make guy A look good, again in a very subtle way. he can also be like OH ___ IS HAVING AN AFTER PARTY YOU SHOULD COME, or he can find some way to get the rest of the group away so you two are alone

that's usually what happens for me anyway

Why is Guy A not able to do anything or mention anything himself? :P It's a good thing I don't do this sort of stuff, I'd be useless :P

wixard
05-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Why is Guy A not able to do anything or mention anything himself? :P It's a good thing I don't do this sort of stuff, I'd be useless :P

he could but i dunno, it seems less cringey when the friend is involved. when a guy comes up to me on his own sometimes it can just feel really sleazy or creepy, seems to lessen that. just like i'd feel more confident approaching someone with a friend or a group of friends because it's just a bit weird for a girl to approach someone on her own... i know you probably shouldn't think that way but unfortunately that's just how it goes

Blinger
05-01-2014, 03:58 PM

NO! Someone knows what they're talking about!? I'm impressed.

Yawn
05-01-2014, 06:01 PM

awkward and unsubtle just 1 on 1
if another person is involved its a lot more chilled and u can bounce off each other
or some1 might be too shy to do it on their own and not bother at all :$

-

no cos i want them all for myself :Innocent:

FlyingJesus
05-01-2014, 06:27 PM
No because it's more amusing to watch them be pathetic and either fail immensely or get with someone really ugly then laugh at them

Absently
05-01-2014, 06:45 PM
yeah deffo!

scottish
05-01-2014, 08:00 PM

Better bloody not..

And no.

Gibs960
05-01-2014, 08:06 PM
From what I've gathered froma friend it involves my friend (who isn't exactly Brad Pitt) trying to get with a hot girl and me distracting her fat mate?

That's all I've been told so yeah... I don't do it...

Aiden
05-01-2014, 08:07 PM
What mates?

-:Undertaker:-
05-01-2014, 08:07 PM
I've done it before yeah.

Blinger
05-01-2014, 11:04 PM
From what I've gathered froma friend it involves my friend (who isn't exactly Brad Pitt) trying to get with a hot girl and me distracting her fat mate?

That's all I've been told so yeah... I don't do it...

I swear you were 12 when I last heard of/about you.

Also what's wrong with distracting the "fat" one? I don't see many attractive girls with overly fat girls anyway. You could get an amazing conversation from the distracted person, get a number, go to parties with their "hotter" friends.. win?

Shar
07-01-2014, 01:09 PM
If I need to yeah why not

-Moniquee.
07-01-2014, 04:26 PM
I would do almost anything for my friends. I've done it on a few occasions.

!x!dude!x!2
07-01-2014, 06:23 PM
I use to . i was wasn't the best, but i was good

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!