PDA

View Full Version : are you happy with your current effort?

Jurv
06-01-2014, 09:41 AM
in school/college/university are you happy with your current effort?

i wouldn't say so at all tbh i'm slacking a bit and am overall just super lazy when it comes to work

IzzyUhh
06-01-2014, 09:43 AM
I Am slacking a lot, I'm a very lazy person and put effort into the wrong things like painting at home when I should be doing art homework, or maths homework aha

wixard
06-01-2014, 10:28 AM
definitely not, my lecturers are saying there's no chance I'll get a first with the effort I'm putting right now so really hoping to improve

karter
06-01-2014, 10:33 AM
not at all ugh

Yawn
06-01-2014, 11:57 AM
no not at all im terrible. but i also completely lack the motivation right now sooo things will stay the same

Zak
06-01-2014, 12:06 PM
I didn't put enough effort in at university. I think if I really worked at it I could have easily attained a first w/honours

buttons
06-01-2014, 12:21 PM
yes i always work hard n pull my weight in class. i enjoy what im learning so don't really find it a chore.
doesnt mean I'm any good tbh I know people who have gotten passes with little effort but hopefully my work will pay off this year meh

Aiden
06-01-2014, 04:24 PM
n o p e

Shar
06-01-2014, 04:39 PM
I am trying but I probably can try harder. My confidence always gets in the way and I suppose I need to work on that.

Kardan
06-01-2014, 04:44 PM
I'd say my current level is acceptable (2:1), but I feel like I'm always pushing for that first, whether it will pay off or not, who knows.

Eric
06-01-2014, 05:48 PM
not really, i could've done better but i'd try harder when i'm at uni

Yawn
06-01-2014, 06:46 PM
not really, i could've done better but i'd try harder when i'm at uni

i have said that every year since gcse
(that i'll work harder next year)

Ms.Aquamarine
06-01-2014, 07:04 PM
I am extremely happy, all A's so far. :D

Futz
06-01-2014, 07:07 PM
I wasn't last year but now I'm really working hard

I haven't had a day where I havent done any work yet
writing this post with a book on my face right now

i wonder how long i will last

buttons
06-01-2014, 07:13 PM
I wasn't last year but now I'm really working hard

I haven't had a day where I havent done any work yet
writing this post with a book on my face right now

i wonder how long i will last
what are u studying?

!x!dude!x!2
06-01-2014, 07:25 PM
no . i always push things off to that minute

Futz
06-01-2014, 07:58 PM
what are u studying?

elec engineering

Chris
06-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Definitely not. I've not put enough time or effort into my current assignments, so it's something I need to work to improve on.

Alkaz
06-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Currently working at 2:2 :'( but the work load and the time it takes to do my work as an Architecture student just puts me off so I end up rushing things last minute which isn't good at all!

Absently
06-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Yeah I'm extremely happy with my effort so far, but I know I could try harder with certain aspects. I'm doing so well compared to school and it's mainly because I'm much happier and am enjoying everything I do whereas in school I loathed all my subjects bar one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

-:Undertaker:-
06-01-2014, 10:43 PM
No, it's awful. And I just paid the price for it by getting 20% in an essay.

buttons
06-01-2014, 10:48 PM
u guys will still do better than me, doing lots of work can be just as bad

but like don't u guys all pay for education.. from what i hear, people in English uni complain how much it costs yet never turn up or revise? i get free education, go to all classes n revise (not a dig btw just wonderin if true n why)

Catchy
06-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Err I really slacked in first semester and really need to work my ass off in this next one

Derrener
06-01-2014, 11:16 PM
ya i am

Futz
06-01-2014, 11:22 PM
u guys will still do better than me, doing lots of work can be just as bad

but like don't u guys all pay for education.. from what i hear, people in English uni complain how much it costs yet never turn up or revise? i get free education, go to all classes n revise (not a dig btw just wonderin if true n why)

yeah it's true but they get a student loan which is a 0% apr loan that you only start paying back once you have a job that ears over £XXk and even then you only pay a tiny bit back a month

however, it's still a £26,000 (+extras) loan but since it's money you dont even have, I guess to some people it doesnt seem like they're spending their own money?

as to why, I think people who slack know it's wrong and wish they could find the motivation to go to every lecture and do all the work early but in reality, it's a lot harder than saying "im going to work hard this year"

usually if you've grown up through secondary school & a levels revising, attending every class and getting work in on time you'll generally continue to work like that through university

but a lot of people I know, including myself went through secondary school & a levels not really revising, doing assignments late etc and getting decent grades

when you get to university it's a lot more work and that **** just doesnt cut it anymore

that's just my onion though, I'm probably miles from the truth but it's just how I feel

myke
06-01-2014, 11:29 PM
yeah i'm happy with it, i feel like i'm constantly on the go.

buttons
06-01-2014, 11:30 PM
ah fair enough, they have no right to complain if they're not putting in the work :P
i revise cause I enjoy the subject, otherwise I wouldn't be at uni, so it's easy for me I guess
some people in my class seem so uninterested + a lot just want a degree (it's social science after all) so hardly put in effort. they only scraped passes for 1st n 2nd yr. u have to put in lots more effort into 3rd yr to pass your modules so wil probably start to see those uninterested/unmotivated start to fail now. I wouldn't pass if i didnt put in effort, im jealous of people who can revise very little and still pass :(I need a new revision technique i think...

Yawn
06-01-2014, 11:31 PM
uni is easier for me, u dont attend and there r no consequences
u get all ur lectures online so it not even matter if u dont go
my timetabe means im in 8 days a month and i still dont go. im lazier now than i ever was before

i still do ok....just not as well as could attain and would like
my motivation is in the pits and its reaching the point of me not even caring now im so bored of it all :(

buttons
06-01-2014, 11:41 PM
uni is easier for me, u dont attend and there r no consequences
u get all ur lectures online so it not even matter if u dont go
my timetabe means im in 8 days a month and i still dont go. im lazier now than i ever was before

i still do ok....just not as well as could attain and would like
my motivation is in the pits and its reaching the point of me not even caring now im so bored of it all :(
what are u studying?
i rly like my lecturers and their stories so i go in as much as poss. we get shown full slides in class but the ones online are only key words basically so you'd have to go research them yourself if u want to learn it so it's better to go in for the hour n learn. i also have 2-4 hour breaks between some classes so i can easily get work done in that time too (i live away from uni so nothin else to do n gives me free time when I am at home)
altho must admit I have a class that I dnt mind missin coz it's so borin i never concentrate in class anyway n ask a friend for their notes but has meant doin a lot of studying for the exam cause I don't understand tht well

Yawn
06-01-2014, 11:43 PM
what are u studying?
i rly like my lecturers and their stories so i go in as much as poss. we get shown full slides in class but the ones online are only key words basically so you'd have to go research them yourself if u want to learn it so it's better to go in for the hour n learn. i also have 2-4 hour breaks between some classes so i can easily get work done in that time too
altho must admit I have a class that I dnt mind missin coz it's so borin i never concentrate in class anyway n ask a friend for their notes but has meant doin a lot of studying for the exam cause I don't understand tht well
sociology. i love it but still id rather be doing anything other than attending
even when i go to the lecture my brain just switches off. its hopeless

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!