PDA

View Full Version : Did you drift apart from your friends after elementary/high school?

Eric
09-01-2014, 11:11 AM
casual friends, close friends you know from elementary/high school?

since i've just left high school 2 months ago i did keep in touch with a few close friends i know from high school, added a lot of people i've known from elementary and high school on facebook but i've never really talked to them cause they seemed so busy with their lives!!

-:Undertaker:-
09-01-2014, 11:35 AM
A few of us left school from 17 to 18 and me and a few others left at 19 and we still all go out. We're all 20/21 now.

When we're back home we go out at least once a week usually which is the same or slightly more than we did when we were at school, the obvious difference being that we saw eachother everyday in school. :P

buttons
09-01-2014, 11:47 AM
erm yeah my original group left once they turned 16 and got new friends at new places. i couldn't leave school until after december cause I was only 15 so decided to stay on a year.
i started hanging out with an old friendship group (known each other since we were 4) during that year and im still close with them now
however i randomly msg one of my old friends from the original group like 4 yrs after school to hang out and we have been inseparable ever since :Heart: care less about the rest they all seem stuck in the ****** high school mentality and do nothing with their lives

Daltron
09-01-2014, 11:59 AM
I have only kept in touch with 2 friends from high school and I used to sit in a group of about 10 during lunch

Inseriousity.
09-01-2014, 12:27 PM
yeah I used to sit in a huge group of 10 in secondary but I don't talk to any of them now. not really their fault, we all went to college and tried to keep onto that group but we just drifted away into other groups. My brother though still goes out with friends he made in primary!

Samantha
09-01-2014, 12:48 PM
There's only a handful I still speak to, one was my first boyfriend and still an alright friend of mine, one was a friend and I only speak to him if I see him irl. Another is a friend I see on holiday as she's moved there, although I haven't seen here in a couple of years. Finally there's a person I met in my second year at college in media and he's the one I speak to most and even that's minimal.

-:Undertaker:-
09-01-2014, 01:09 PM
yeah I used to sit in a huge group of 10 in secondary but I don't talk to any of them now. not really their fault, we all went to college and tried to keep onto that group but we just drifted away into other groups. My brother though still goes out with friends he made in primary!

Same actually, should have mentioned that i'm still close mates with three mates from primary school.

lawrawrrr
09-01-2014, 01:23 PM
I drifted away from basically all my friends. It kinda sucks, but it's weird, we're not the same people any more.

Thing is, my main group of friends from school, we occasionally tweet each other, like instagram photos etc, but don't really talk, but every holiday we'll all meet up and it'll be like nothing's changed. One of them I actually fell out with before uni and didn't talk to for over a year, but she's still one of my best friends I'd say.

Shar
09-01-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm still close to my best friend from primary school, I talk to 3 of my close friends from secondary school when we can and I keep in touch with 3 of my 6th form friends as much as possible as well and same with my 2 closest college friends. I meet up with all of them at least once or twice a year which is pretty nice.

karter
09-01-2014, 02:08 PM
nah i dont talk to anyone from my elementary or primary school

and my high school wasnt so good either so i dont plan to stay in touch with my "friends"

Kardan
09-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Yup. I had a group I hung around with in Years 7-11. They stopped hanging around with me because they didn't like my choice of girlfriend (now fiancée :P). Years 12-13, I don't hang around with them anymore because we've grown apart really. Mostly because they've been spread all over the country and I'm still at home, but whenever everyone comes back for the holidays, all they want to do is go out and get pissed - and considering I don't drink, it's not a fun time for me :P

Cerys
09-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Yep I don't talk to anyone from primary school anymore. Probably mainly because I went to a completely different highschool to all them ;)

I actually really hope I don't lose contact with too many people at the end of this year! :(

MKR&*42
09-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Speak to 1 girl from school that's it. Good riddance to most of the rest :P

Yawn
09-01-2014, 06:19 PM
still friends with close friends but thats it the rest r long done and thank god for that

OldLoveSong
09-01-2014, 06:22 PM
unfortunately drifted away from everyone in highschool except for 1 peson

Futz
09-01-2014, 06:31 PM
there used to be 11 people in my friends group in year 11 (last year of secondary school)

first, one left 'cause he kept saying to another members girlfriend to leave him and get with him, he was a weird hentai kind of guy, he was very smart but he was very weird so he kinda got exiled, he moved away very far too after

second one left cause he was trying really hard to be a hipster and impress this new group of friends, would go out with them & never invite us/ignore us - funnily enough all of those friends disappeared after sixth form for him and now it looks like he doesn't have anyone except his girlfriend

third one left absolutely randomly 'cause again like the first, he was really quite weird and would do unloyal things and he had a moment of "i dont need you guys!" and tried joining a bunch of girls friends group but they exiled him, he moved away for some reason after that

now we're 8 man strong
it's hard to get us all out at the same time but we do go out together a lot and everyone tries to make it if they can, we also have an active whatsapp + aim group chat so it's quite easy to keep in touch, they're what I would consider my blood brothers

even when we're all at diff locations we share **** on whatsapp and its fun, we'll invite each other to each others newhometowns/unis etc etc etc

so yeah, suprisingly we have, hopefully it stays this way but I don't know, it seems as soon as some dudes get a girlfriend they turn on their brothers

wixard
09-01-2014, 06:54 PM
@Futz (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=92166); aim group chat are you living in the 1990s?!??!

i'm close with my main group so there's 5 of us altogether, 4 friends and i only see 2 of them regularly, the other two are always with their boyfriends

then the others i'd be friends with in school i'd not talk to them but if i saw them on a night out we'd end up together or maybe going back somewhere together, then theres one or two people i meet up with every few months

Futz
09-01-2014, 06:56 PM
@Futz (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=92166); aim group chat are you living in the 1990s?!??!

i'm close with my main group so there's 5 of us altogether, 4 friends and i only see 2 of them regularly, the other two are always with their boyfriends

then the others i'd be friends with in school i'd not talk to them but if i saw them on a night out we'd end up together or maybe going back somewhere together, then theres one or two people i meet up with every few months

we had to move after msn had their ordeal

it's a group conversation you automatically join when you go on your computer

what's to hate????????????

Absently
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Still friends with one from secondary and whenever she's home we make sure to see each other. If I see the rest out or around ill always make sure to say a quick hello bar one who I try to avoid at all costs!!

Sloths
09-01-2014, 08:31 PM
I definitely have from primary school simply because I moved country so apart from Facebook we can't really catch up. As for highschool/college friends I've drifted away from most of them but I would say we all weren't on the best of terms at the end of our final year.. We kinda fought a lot but I'm still best friends with the best friend from college, we didn't fight and we went to same uni so that was great!

Red
09-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Out of my group of friends from school, I drifted from most as we all jut went our separate ways at uni. My two best friends though I have been friends with for most of my school life, going back to primary.

Gina
09-01-2014, 09:28 PM
still speak to a fair few people from primary school and meet up with them and stuff which is gooood because me and my sister went to a different school to everyone that went to our primary because we moved areas(well we had eachother but uno)
and still in secondary soo :P

Catchy
10-01-2014, 12:26 AM
I don't speak to anybody from my school

Ekelektra
10-01-2014, 01:47 AM
Primary school people I saw for a few years after but don't really speak to them anymore.

Although I've only been out of High School for like 2 months I basically can already tell I won't be seeing people from there anymore. I did text a few people but didn't get any replies which was.... disappointing... And there's a party tomorrow which I'm going to but I don't really think things will go on from there.

Sian
10-01-2014, 01:53 PM
i only have 2 friends left from where i group up from and went to school. Quite frankly most people i went to school with are asses who are yet to grow up.

crystaldd0
10-01-2014, 05:19 PM
I keep in touch with people I hung out with in high school through facebook. Aside from one of them, I don't hang out with any of the rest. I'm still friends with my childhood best friend as well, but no one else from Elementary. Sometimes I see them when I go out and we say a quick "Hi, how ya doing", but nothing else :P

Hannah
10-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Whenever I have moved from one institution to another, I have always drifted from my friends - very rarely do any of them stick by like they claim.

I'll still talk to a few over social networking occasionally, but that's about it.

-Moniquee.
10-01-2014, 07:18 PM
I barely talk to anyone from school. If people don't make an effort, I don't. It's true you find out who your real friends are when you leave.

Mikey
10-01-2014, 07:50 PM
I have some friends from high school still, we all don't see each other as much due to being at university and such. We keep in contact through Facebook and Skype when we can. :p

dbgtz
10-01-2014, 08:15 PM
After junior school, yes. Some people turned into ********s, some people just developed different interests and some people it just wasn't easy to communicate with due to the way my secondary school was arranged. However, I still speak to the people from secondary school despite the difference choices we made.

Shockwave.2CC
10-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Yeah pretty much :(

Drewar
11-01-2014, 11:01 AM
I drifted from my elementary school friends before I was even done High School, but I still talk to most of them to this day, strangely enough. Whenever I see them out and about we will always stop for chats asking about each other and our families, etc. I also have two friends from elementary that will randomly text me and ask how things are, which is always nice.

I don't really keep in touch with my high school friends any more except for my "best friend" but we will keep in touch with each other for the rest of our lives, no doubt. I'm in contact with a lot of friends from High School through social media, but that is essentially it. A lot of these friendships "fade" but are never completely gone. I will always have my memories with these people, and I've been blessed enough to have many friends and memories.

I've been out of HS for 5 years now, and I have found that since High School I'm more focused on having quality friends rather than a large quantity. I have 5 "best" friends IRL that I could not imagine life without, and of those 5 I've known 2 of them since Jr. High School, the other 3 I have only met since graduating HS, but it feels like I have known for a lifetime (and I am confident I will be friends with them for the rest of my life).

Glen Coco
11-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Yeah.
Mainly my fault, I cut everyone away pretty much. I hated school and by the time I left i hated the majority of my 'friendship' group.

Joined sixth form and became part of two more friendship grounds.
From the original one I talk to two of them. One I used to work with - we hated each other at school but we're best friends now.
Another one has kept in touch with everyone.

From the other two, i went on holiday with one last year and now we hardly speak. and from the third, I speak to one girl who I was really really close to. We're still close and still meet up now she's dropped out of uni.

I'm mainly friends with people from my last job now. My two closest friends I met through my last job and we've kept in touch after I left.

Aiden
11-01-2014, 12:12 PM
In primary all my friends went to two different schools. And I've been to both of them so I know a lot of people still... but my friendship has changed and I don't talk to them as much as my real close friends

Cassiieee
14-01-2014, 12:46 AM
Unfortunately, yes. ):

Chipmunks
14-01-2014, 04:15 AM
was never really close with anyone from school
so nope didnt ''drift apart'' from anyone

Sho
14-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I went to college and most of my friends stayed in school for sixth form and we pretty much lost contact.

!x!dude!x!2
15-01-2014, 04:58 PM
ya I moved an hour away

Charz777
15-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Well, half of the friends I had when I left school went to universities all over the country and think the best way to catch up is by going to town and getting drunk. I don't drink anyway so I don't bother going. A small group of them are not very nice people anyway; the sort that act like your best friend and then talk about you behind your back, or they changed for the worse and turned into the university bike and so on. There is always the other half though, but you can't really get them on their own without the nasty half so I'd rather not bother. And then of course there's the one or too who have jobs at uni or just ordinary jobs and are never free, or the ones that never put in the effort. So all in all, yes, we drifted, but to be honest I've made better friends at uni and spend more time with my family.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!