PDA

View Full Version : Simple Trading Tips and Techniques.

BLuweesH
06-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Before you read, I probably most likely published this thread to stop people in general nagging to me about trading and how to get better at it. xD But erm, I hope in this thread to achieve a clearer and general idea to those that find trading a vague thing and that if they developed and read this, it might make it easier for them...or even make them gain new techniques or tips I haven't mentioned. :o

TRADING TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Trading tips and techniques refer to the different abilities and skills used in order to gain a smart trade, or a profitable trade.

In this article, I will be discussing key skills which I’ve used to help me and help many others. I’m sure many others know of these skills, perhaps you can even share some. But for those that need the skills or always harass me about it or just need more help, then I will be explaining in here.

A few techniques I use are:
• Observation
• Advertising
• Patience
• Travelling

Observation

Observation refers to the different trading deals that are offered in rooms. Occasionally you will get average deals and obviously you’ll be satisfied by the trade. But if you observe more you might even ask see great deals such as: “3 club sofas for my green birdbath” where as it stands now the price is about 4 club sofas…

Advertising

The best thing to do is not get people to advertise your room or deals which end up in searching for certain places, it makes you look like you’re desperate and people wouldn’t really want to trade annoying people, they’d only search and trade if they’ve been endlessly searching for their trade deal and are just totally sick of it and willing to give up. Advertise on console, maybe once and then maybe in a few minutes and stop, depending on the feedback and replies you receive, even putting it in your mission helps, because when a Habbo enters a room, 8 out of 10 people will click on you.

Patience

The famous quote: “Patience is a virtue” is so true! Trading can be frustrating at times and you feel like you never find your deals. But that’s either because your trading deal isn’t realistic, such as: “I offer 1 club sofa for your throne”. You’d only make yourself look deluded or newbish, I don’t think people would like to be seen as a noob either as they develop shame/embarrassment or have to cop it, unless you don’t care of course.
But if you’re patient, eventually you will find a deal that satisfies you. You might even get lucky or a bonus or a donation or something, haha!

Traveling

This could be the most frustrating part of trading. You know, having to travel around rooms constantly because no one ever has a deal for you or likes your deal and what not. Depending on what you’re trading for, such as if it were normal furniture the odds are you would not get normal furniture traded for normal furniture in rare trading rooms. Some room like the classic “trade” rooms such as owned by chivo, are great trade rooms where you can get a versatile range of trading done.

I could have expanded more, but I thought I’d outline it in the shortest way possible as many find reading boring or whatever the case. I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve but I’d rather keep it to myself hehe. Let’s just say it begins with “n”. ;)

If this didn’t help, then sorry I couldn’t help you enough. But if you already knew it, well good for you, I know the expert and wise traders use one, some or all of these techniques. But the unique traders use none of these!

By the way! Never be scared to bargain either!

camera
06-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Hey, great article. <3 hm, cant believe ya actually type all this. Wld like to add rep but i needa spread it first. =)

BLuweesH
06-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Hey, great article. <3 hm, cant believe ya actually type all this. Wld like to add rep but i needa spread it first. =)

haha thanks, but yeh didn't take long to type up. Just got it from the top of my head, the only complications I had were the tag dot points and what not...I'm not good with forum HTML or whatever it's called xD

Sameo
06-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Nice Bjay, You must be bored lol..

BLuweesH
06-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Nice Bjay, You must be bored lol..

Well I hope it cuts down on people asking me repetitive questions about this. :P :)

Sameo
06-09-2005, 12:03 PM
OMGZZZ BLUWEESH YOU IZ SO RICH, HOW U GT SO MNY FRONES?

BLuweesH
06-09-2005, 12:05 PM
OMGZZZ BLUWEESH YOU IZ SO RICH, HOW U GT SO MNY FRONES?
I get that all the time.

I say: Trading

Cause seriously, Ione doesn't provide them now anymore does she? :P

But yeh and then they ask how to be so good at trading or some tips or how do you do so well and stuff...And I explain what I explained in my thread, but not in detail.

camera
06-09-2005, 12:06 PM
ROFL. Its easy really, their just basic html. Hmm...wld teach ya if i can but its hard to teach :o :P:P

Sameo
06-09-2005, 12:06 PM
I get that all the time.

I say: Trading

Cause seriously, Ione doesn't provide them now anymore does she? :P

But yeh and then they ask how to be so good at trading or some tips or how do you do so well and stuff...And I explain what I explained in my thread, but not in detail.

Most the people that ask you that kind of thing are new enough to Habbo though and most likely won't use the forum. it will take more effort to explain to them where to find this thread on a forum they have never visited lol.

BLuweesH
06-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Most the people that ask you that kind of thing are new enough to Habbo though and most likely won't use the forum. it will take more effort to explain to them where to find this thread on a forum they have never visited lol.

Not necessarily. I have recommended the forum to quite a few as this forum is more expanded, which general topics and other games available to discuss as well.

But, I see the regular ambitious traders who seem to keep asking me...:( :P lol But you never know, if I get through to at least one person that needed help, then I have achieved satisfaction. ;)

Sameo
06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
:). Well it's going to help the people that don't ask also. Anybody on the forum who needed to know can now. :P

2hd.
06-09-2005, 12:16 PM
nice guide :)

BLuweesH
06-09-2005, 12:18 PM
nice guide :)

Cheers!

I sure hope so Sam. :P :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!