PDA

View Full Version : nape piercing

Paige.
12-01-2014, 01:22 PM
http://data2.whicdn.com/images/28996801/901st-mimicry-nape-piercing-red-hair-Favim.com-410327_original.jpg

what are your opinions on this piercing? it's not for everyone but i'm curious as to what people think
i'm thinking of getting it but i can't decide
also, if anyone has it can you please tell me what it's like to have it, what the experience of getting it done was like and aftercare etc

Glen Coco
12-01-2014, 01:50 PM
I really like these but what put me off getting one is that they're a surface piercing - it's going to grow out.

what makes it worse is that you can't see the physical signs of it growing out because it's on the back of your neck.

if you really want it done i'd suggest looking into getting microdermals

buttons
12-01-2014, 01:55 PM
I think it looks pretty but id assume it's much more hassle than it's worth

Futz
12-01-2014, 01:57 PM
not a massive fan

do it if you're bored and want something new i guess

Jurv
12-01-2014, 03:06 PM
my friend got collarbone dermals and they look really good

not too sure about the back of your neck bc you wont see them as much rly but it does look nice

Mark
12-01-2014, 04:18 PM
I think all piercings are ridiculous apart from ears tbh, anything else is an eyesore or just plain unnecessary

Mikey
12-01-2014, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't personally get it pierced but if it's what you like then why not, get it done if you want to. :)

FlyingJesus
12-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Takes a good while to heal, gets caught on everything, and eventually will just grow out. Definitely agree that dermals would be a better option

Cassiieee
13-01-2014, 02:23 AM
I wanted this done last year, but ended up getting myself out of it as it'll catch on everything.

Drewar
13-01-2014, 02:26 AM
Ouch, that looks painful. Also that girl has long hair. So unless she wears her hair up all of the time, it won't really be seen by many people?

Paige.
13-01-2014, 11:20 AM
i'm not going to get it and tbh i didn't do any proper research into it, i just watched youtube videos of it being done and i looked at pictures because that's what i did with most of my other piercings
i just thought it looked cute with your hair in a bun but i didn't know about it growing out (common sense really but the thought never occurred to me) plus i hardly wear my hair up so it's pointless, i guess i'm just bored and want another piercing lol
i agree and i think it's much more hassle than it's worth, thanks everyone x

Charz777
13-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Honestly, IMO, it's a piercing I don't see the point in unless you have super short hair or plan on wearing your hair in a high-bun all the time. I'd be more afraid of getting my hair tangled in it and it hurting :P

Glen Coco
18-01-2014, 10:21 PM
i'm not going to get it and tbh i didn't do any proper research into it, i just watched youtube videos of it being done and i looked at pictures because that's what i did with most of my other piercings
i just thought it looked cute with your hair in a bun but i didn't know about it growing out (common sense really but the thought never occurred to me) plus i hardly wear my hair up so it's pointless, i guess i'm just bored and want another piercing lol
i agree and i think it's much more hassle than it's worth, thanks everyone x

conch piercings are nice :)

-Moniquee.
26-01-2014, 06:27 AM
I don't mind it - it's not something that I would probably get done because I have super long hair and hair would get caught also I don't have a high pain threshold so it isn't for me. You would have to get like an implant thing too yuck and then it would grow out.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!