PDA

View Full Version : sam smith - money on my mind (official video)

Jurv
13-01-2014, 05:23 PM
http://youtu.be/K0G9T5Bnjlc

i'm so obsessed with this guy and song can't wait to see him in feb!! ahh

!x!dude!x!2
13-01-2014, 08:34 PM
It's really good

Yawn
13-01-2014, 08:47 PM
decent
better than that bloody john newman

Jazz
14-01-2014, 12:04 PM
i hope this year goes well for him, his voice is just amazing.

Hannah
14-01-2014, 12:22 PM
I love Sam Smith's voice.
I was listening to him at work the other day and my colleagues were like 'WHO ON EARTH IS THAT?' - he only seems to be highly recognised by his part in La La La and not his actual songs. :(

Phil
14-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Uhmmm is this that guy that everyone is on about? :S What's the fuss?

Hannah
14-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Uhmmm is this that guy that everyone is on about? :S What's the fuss?

It's a bit like Passenger, they have a hit with their more unique voices and everyone goes crazy about them.

Admittedly, like Passenger I like Sam's voice - but I much prefer Passenger's talent in his other songs.

This song doesn't show his more soulful voice compared to others.

Phil
14-01-2014, 02:34 PM
It's a bit like Passenger, they have a hit with their more unique voices and everyone goes crazy about them.

Admittedly, like Passenger I like Sam's voice - but I much prefer Passenger's talent in his other songs.

This song doesn't show his more soulful voice compared to others.

I don't like this at all!

Hannah
14-01-2014, 02:36 PM
I don't like this at all!

I prefer this one more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5SC1Pqzl4c

I get bored of his songs very quickly, but I do love his voice.

Phil
14-01-2014, 02:42 PM
I prefer this one more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5SC1Pqzl4c

I get bored of his songs very quickly, but I do love his voice.

Damn so it's not just a one hit wonder? His voice is okay but I can barely listen to a whole song never mind a whole bloody album

Hannah
14-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Damn so it's not just a one hit wonder? His voice is okay but I can barely listen to a whole song never mind a whole bloody album

He became 'popular' from La La La with Naughty Boy and Latch with Disclosure, not really for any of his works - he is yet to have one of his own songs become a hit.

Jurv
14-01-2014, 04:42 PM
yeah he hasn't released any singles of his own yet, this will be his first in february

Phil
14-01-2014, 05:29 PM
yeah he hasn't released any singles of his own yet, this will be his first in february

Does he not have any good songs he could release as a single?

Jurv
14-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Does he not have any good songs he could release as a single?

depends what your definition of good is

from your opinions of songs posted in this thread already i don't think you're capable of appreciating his music

Phil
14-01-2014, 05:41 PM
depends what your definition of good is

from your opinions of songs posted in this thread already i don't think you're capable of appreciating his music

Just for the record I am more than capable of appreciating music. This just isn't my kinda thing and I mean no disrespect ot anyone who does appreciate this music, each to their own and whatnot. I've just heard A LOT about Sam Smith and thought he was gonna be the next best thing, I was just expecting more, that's all :P

Jurv
14-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Just for the record I am more than capable of appreciating music. This just isn't my kinda thing and I mean no disrespect ot anyone who does appreciate this music, each to their own and whatnot. I've just heard A LOT about Sam Smith and thought he was gonna be the next best thing, I was just expecting more, that's all :P

thats why i said i don't think you're capable of appreciating HIS music. i meant no offence chill man!

and yeah he probs is gonna be the next big thing - look where adele and emeli sande are after winnings critics choice

not sure what else you were expecting anyway, his vocal range should be more than enough *+*+*

Rixion
15-01-2014, 05:13 AM
He's very hit and miss for me, don't like this song but love Together and Nirvana.

Jurv
17-01-2014, 08:29 AM
nirvana is my favourite! it's a shame it wont be on the album though, i was hoping for the single :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!