PDA

View Full Version : Apple Warranty

Mark
18-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Ok this might sound a bit stupid or petty but it's driving me insane. I was wondering if there's a warranty with apple accessories, in specific the lightning cable. Over the past year I've had to buy about 4 (£15 each) because they keep breaking! I wouldn't mind it if there was a cheaper working alternative however all the fakes I try never work. Anyway, I'm wondering if there's a warranty for genuine apple lightning cables and if so how can I get a replacement?

Jordan
18-01-2014, 11:30 PM
How do you get through so many so quickly... I've still got my original iPod charger from 3 years ago it's fine!! My lightning ones been fine for 6 months.

anyway I've just googled and apparently it is under warranty. But i think it's best to take it into a store if it's close.

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/accessory-english-uk.html

sex
18-01-2014, 11:34 PM
stop using them to tie up your boyfriend

Edited by Nick (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Mark
18-01-2014, 11:43 PM
How do you get through so many so quickly... I've still got my original iPod charger from 3 years ago it's fine!! My lightning ones been fine for 6 months.

anyway I've just googled and apparently it is under warranty. But i think it's best to take it into a store if it's close.

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/accessory-english-uk.html

Wait a few more months and it'll prob start deteriorating! Idk what it is but it drives me insane when I wake up and sometimes it hasn't charged :'(. Thanks I'll prob just take it into a store, seems a bit pointless just for a small cable but I'll give it a go.

Mr-Trainor
18-01-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm pretty sure they are but I'm not 100% sure if it's only accessories you buy alongside your phone or if it's all of them. But from the link posted above it does seem as though it is covered, so if you have proof of purchase then going in to an Apple store could be a good idea, provided you have one within a reasonable distance.

xxMATTGxx
19-01-2014, 12:15 AM
What are you doing with them to stop them from working? Haven't had a problem with mine.

Jack!
19-01-2014, 12:16 AM
What are you doing with them to stop them from working? Haven't had a problem with mine.

^

I've still got my iPad Mini that I got on release with the original cable and its fine?

Mark
19-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Idk I think it's the phone more than anything, these cables can't be such a poor quality that I have to buy a few.

Red
19-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Mine just broke there too so gonna take mine in cause I think it is! my sis is on like her third. They are so bad lol. She has bought one from the 02 shop now which is cheaper and looks a lot better. Imo the old chargers were fine but the iphone 5 are terrible.

BigtimeRyan
19-01-2014, 02:24 AM
My mac power adapter always rips omg, so annoying. Appartently it was under warrenty but I had to call them up and do all this complicated jazz and comfirm my parents credit card details and i was like cba so just bought a decent one for like 10 quid on amazon.

Demi
19-01-2014, 07:06 PM
They are covered, I've found good alternatives on eBay!

Mark
19-01-2014, 10:21 PM
I can't believe I've been so stupid... I read online that a lot of fluff builds up in the lightning port, so to fix it you get a tooth pick and get it out. I done exactly that and it's fixed, there was literally loads of fluff etc inside! Something so simple yet I spent all that money on new cables :'(

Reality
20-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Idk I think it's the phone more than anything, these cables can't be such a poor quality that I have to buy a few.

Did you forget turn it on!!!!! Sillyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
Just go to a local apple shop and speak to them about it!

Mark
20-01-2014, 07:58 AM
Did you forget turn it on!!!!! Sillyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
Just go to a local apple shop and speak to them about it!

What lol? Look at my previous post, it was just fluff in the charger hole on the phone hahaha! Can't believe it was something that small :(

iJim.
20-01-2014, 10:25 AM
I had my 9 pin lighting connector for just under a year. It started to fray and fall apart, it was just left in my room and plugged in when needed.

My phone stopped working and apple replaced it, I also mentioned the cable and they added one in with the replacement phone.

Reality
20-01-2014, 03:36 PM
What lol? Look at my previous post, it was just fluff in the charger hole on the phone hahaha! Can't believe it was something that small :(

I don't read all off it = sleeps if I do!!!!!!
Also, just go to the nearest apple shop throw it at the person ask for a warranty check or a refund or both woo!

Metric1
21-01-2014, 07:05 AM
my ******* macbook chargers always **** off and I have to get new ones

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!