PDA

View Full Version : Do you trust your government?

Daltron
22-01-2014, 10:11 PM
I do to a certain extent

Hbu? Why?

-:Undertaker:-
22-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Not in the slighest.

A 'government' is just a group of individuals whom you do not know. So why trust them? Best method to judge by is history, ie their track record.

Scepticism is healthy.

The government solution to a problem is usually as bad as the problem.

Governments never learn. Only people learn.

There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.

“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”

Jordan
22-01-2014, 11:38 PM
i dont even get politics so i just let them get on with whatever they do.

Kardan
23-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Not in the slighest.

A 'government' is just a group of individuals whom you do not know. So why trust them? Best method to judge by is history, ie their track record.

Scepticism is healthy.

Yet Ron Paul wanted to be President himself? :P

I don't think you can ever trust your government completely, but I like to think that the UK is one of the better governments of the world, and I do think that generally they try to do what's right, just that mistakes happen. A lot.

23-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Yet Ron Paul wanted to be President himself? :P

Well so did the Founding Fathers. Ultimately somebody has to hold office in government, the question is whether you will get somebody who seeks to grow that office into something it was never intended to be. Ron Paul actually said that he didn't want to be President.

And that's why he would have made a good President. He didn't want to run the lives of the American people, or run the world: that's how the Founding Fathers envisaged the American Government when the United States was born out of the Constitution.

I'm sure i've read somewhere before that he didn't even want to be in Congress - he was quite happy as a medical Doctor.

Kardan
23-01-2014, 12:31 AM
Well so did the Founding Fathers. Ultimately somebody has to hold office in government, the question is whether you will get somebody who seeks to grow that office into something it was never intended to be. Ron Paul actually said that he didn't want to be President.

And that's why he would have made a good President. He didn't want to run the lives of the American people, or run the world: that's how the Founding Fathers envisaged the American Government when the United States was born out of the Constitution.

I'm sure i've read somewhere before that he didn't even want to be in Congress - he was quite happy as a medical Doctor.

So he decided to prove that by running for President :P I'm not really disagreeing with you, I just would have found it strange if someone that said 'Never trust governments!' to then say a few years later as President, 'You can trust my government!'

23-01-2014, 12:35 AM
So he decided to prove that by running for President :P I'm not really disagreeing with you, I just would have found it strange if someone that said 'Never trust governments!' to then say a few years later as President, 'You can trust my government!'

Well it's the same when he ran for Congress, i'm sure he only stood for Congress in the first place (and not expecting to win) because his wife Carol Paul pushed him to run for office as he felt the two political parties were drifting so far away from the Constitution that somebody had to do something.

And a President Paul would never have said trust my government :P - because his purpose in office would have been to return the office of the Presidency back to it's original purpose which is more like that of the Queen in Britain and the Commonwealth.

!x!dude!x!2
23-01-2014, 12:46 AM
No.
they are always hiding things

Eric
23-01-2014, 04:25 AM
No, not my unstable, unjust and ignorant government

karter
23-01-2014, 09:45 AM
presently, kind-of but they'll be voted off in a few months so

Matt
23-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Australian Politics and Tony Abbott is a joke.

Aiden
23-01-2014, 04:12 PM
yes because i don't know enough to not trust them
and i don't really care

Judas
23-01-2014, 11:08 PM
sometimes

-Moniquee.
24-01-2014, 08:04 AM
No way! Tony Abbott can't even trust himself I don't think.

Chug!
24-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Definitely not. David Cameron is a fool; he changes his mind so often and helps out the 'rich'. That's not how it should be. But, I'm glad he's making more people work for their income. Benefit frauds annoy the hell outta me!

I don't like the current government

Shar
28-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Not at all. I wouldn't trust anyone in power, not just the current government.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!