PDA

View Full Version : (3rd party) Game Center games removed

Star-Fighter
24-01-2014, 08:45 AM
So, an article was just published in the Finnish hotel, which states that the 3rd party games within the Game Center will be removed in March 2014 (specifically the 31st of March). This is because of feedback which has indicated that the graphics of them are considered not to be fitting within the unique look of Habbo, among other things.

Here's the article translated with Google Translate:

"Habbo Hotel has decided to close the Games section, in which third parties have been able to promote your games. The games are playable 31 March 2014.

Games closing is part of a program aimed at improving the user experience in Habbo. Thanks to our users' feedback showed that although some of the games has been popular, as they are still perceived as disturbing because of its visual identity.

Habbo graphic image is special, and the Habbo community has remained true to the original expression on over the years, and that is as fresh and loved as it was back in 1999. This is not to be ignored when developing Habbo always better!

We hope that you have enjoyed the games and experiences that will be in Habbo is even better, with all rooms is magnificent! Habboilua nice!

Habbo staff"

Daltron
24-01-2014, 09:35 AM
God bless Sulake for waking up

Star-Fighter
24-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Well, now they deleted the article... so, we'll see.

user130523
24-01-2014, 11:53 AM
well now they are back on track with their finances they have no reason to keep this :-)

Michael
24-01-2014, 12:41 PM
That's great news, with all these staff they're hiring they sure seem on the up! I do hope they keep speedway and still implement the fireworks vs aliens game.

lRhyss
24-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Thank the lord!

goofyjadico
24-01-2014, 11:23 PM
thank goodness. if that's actually happening then they must have finally noticed that nobody cares about those stupid games like "Permia Duels".

Mr-Trainor
24-01-2014, 11:33 PM
I enjoyed Fast Food for a while, and Matchwood was fun too :P. But ultimately I agree with their decision, should it go ahead.

sexpot
25-01-2014, 12:01 AM
aw, I liked matchwood.

Aidan
25-01-2014, 12:16 AM
I fully support this! I too, think that the graphics of the games aren't fitting with the look of Habbo.

DJ_Shadow
25-01-2014, 12:39 AM
This is too good to be true.

xxMATTGxx
25-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Interesting, I guess we will have to wait and see if they do actually remove it then.

Spiffy
25-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Too good to be true. :\

MKR&*42
25-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Some of you guys are so skeptical lol.

Wait but I liked SnowStorm when it returned and it fits in with the client? And Habbo Pix was cool i guess, i dont want those gone :/

karter
25-01-2014, 01:43 PM
that includes snowstorm too what??

and coolpix is stupid imo it hardly works and takes ages to load

Star-Fighter
25-01-2014, 01:54 PM
SnowStorm would most likely stay, as it isn't 3rd party (it's Sulake's own). Not sure about the Remode games (Fast Food & Speedway), as they closely co-op with Sulake.

3rd party games include the likes of Streetz, Hero Zero, Tetrablok, Matchwood, Nova Raider, World of Zombies, Permia Duels and ItGirl etc., which would be on the chopping block.

MKR&*42
25-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Oh wait ss is staying?? oh ok if its stayin im fine but yeah

Habbo Pix depends on the browserrr for mee. On Chrome it loads so awfullyyyy but on internet explorer it was fineee.

WoZ got quite popular did it not? :P

Tyrell
26-01-2014, 06:55 PM
All that time I've wasted on Zombie Island :(

e5
26-01-2014, 09:28 PM
I enjoyed some games for a while.

Gutted to those who have spent alot of money on games.

I spend 100's of coins on world of zombies but haven't played it in forever now, was such a waste of time and why I am poor today :(

sex
26-01-2014, 10:15 PM
what if you spent money on the games
i spent at least 100c on zombie island during my addictio wixard; spent like 400 on it lmfao

wixard
26-01-2014, 10:17 PM
what if you spent money on the games
i spent at least 100c on zombie island during my addictio @wixard (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=64175); spent like 400 on it lmfao

PMSL that was money well spent tbh

Daltron
27-01-2014, 12:20 PM
On Habbo International right now:

Habbo Hotel’s third party Game center shuts down March 2014
Habbo Hotel has decided to close the Game center where third party game providers have been able to promote their games. However, the Game center’s games can still be played until 31st March 2014.
The decision to close down the Game center is a part of an overall plan to improve the Habbo experience. After reviewing feedback from users, we found that although many of the third party games were very successful, they were seen as distractions to some players due to their varied graphical styles.
The look of the Habbo Hotel is very special and over the years the Community has remained faithful to its original graphic style, which stays as fresh and as loved now as it was in 1999. We plan to continue acknowledging this fact and develop Habbo accordingly!
We hope you had great fun with the games and you’ll continue having even more fun in the millions of beautiful rooms created by Habbos around the world. Keep on Habbo´in!

Habbo Staff

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cla p::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

jorsian
27-01-2014, 04:32 PM
I'm happy about this.

They should have redesigned Battle Ball and Wobble Squabble instead of adding all these silly games.

Aaron
27-01-2014, 04:56 PM
About time surely..

Samantha
27-01-2014, 06:44 PM
All apart from Habbo Stories is leaving, been confirmed unfortunately. I liked some of the games :(.

Lewis
27-01-2014, 08:36 PM
I want the original snowstorm back (with custom games) and battle ball :(

Yawn
27-01-2014, 10:21 PM
how long did it take them to realise this. such a massive waste of time
this was the feedback they always got but they continued

Daltron
28-01-2014, 06:40 AM
And they have sent out a minimail now with the same information about closing date etc.

e5
28-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Yeah, I want battleball, snow storm and wobble squabble back but revamped

EarCandy
28-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Well some games were redundant in the game center. :l

Mr-Trainor
28-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I want battleball, snow storm and wobble squabble back but revamped
Battle Ball back as it used to be would be amazing.

e5
28-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Battle Ball back as it used to be would be amazing.

They need to be back in public rooms where you buy tickets. The old one was great but that plus some additions would be awesome. It's better when it's official I guess

username90210
29-01-2014, 06:16 AM
Woohoo!! Now people can concentrate on Habbo. Not the third party game. >.<

cameron354
29-01-2014, 04:21 PM
They have posted a new article on the Habbo blog http://blog.habbo.com/2014/01/29/au-revoir-game-center/

Red
29-01-2014, 09:59 PM
lmao paul la fos brilliant idea. :rolleyes: Glad they are taking them away. Never liked the idea from the beginning and they didn't fit in with the habbo feel at all.

passion
30-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Surprised they're even taking Snowstorm away, seeing as that's been on Habbo for years... but the new one didn't do it justice.

Michael
09-02-2014, 02:07 PM
FAQ https://help.habbo.com/entries/40701866-Game-Center-Closing-Down-FAQ:

By now you will have heard that the game center is closing its doors soon. Read on for answers to questions you may have.

I enjoyed playing those games. Why are you closing them?

The decision to close down the Game center is a part of an overall plan to improve the Habbo experience. After reviewing feedback from users, we found that although many of the third party games were very successful, they were seen as distractions to some players due to their varied graphical styles.

I’m still seeing the game center ingame. When is it closing?

The game center shuts down on 31 March. You’ll still be able to play games in there until then.

Will all games close or just the 3rd party ones?

All games that you can currently find the game center will close on 31 March. That includes Snowstorm, Fast Food, Habbo Speedway and Habbo Pix.

What about all the coins I spent on power ups and stuff for the games I play? Will I get those back?

Sorry, no. We made sure we notified everyone a couple of months ahead of time so that any credits or purchased game add-ons can be spent before the center closes.

Will there be any replacement for the games that are leaving?

Not as such, but we’ll keep your Habbo experience fresh with more fun activities around the hotel, competitions and lots of new furni.

I want to keep playing It Girl and I’m a huge fan of World of Zombies. Is there any way I can keep playing them?

You can still play ItGirl, Tetrablok, Permia Duels, World of Zombies, Nova Raider, Streetz, and HeroZero directly on the game providers’ sites. To find a game provider site, search for the game name online.

Can I keep using my HeroZero account that I had on Habbo to play?

No. If you want to continue playing any of the game center games mentioned above, you will have to set up a new account on the game provider’s site. See it as a chance to reinventing yourself:)

Lewis
09-02-2014, 03:34 PM
BRING BACK SNOWSTORM! I seriously demand it. (after 31st march)

xxMATTGxx
03-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Looks like Remode is actually closing it's door (well as what the company is at the moment)

http://habbox.com/#!/News/article/2081

zombies
03-03-2014, 06:35 PM
i hope its not an april fools joke

Lewis
03-03-2014, 07:45 PM
i hope its not an april fools joke

I hope it is because they're removing snowstorm, too. It still needs a lot of work, but they could bring it back to how it used to be :(. (and we need battleball!)

zombies
03-03-2014, 08:35 PM
I hope it is because they're removing snowstorm, too. It still needs a lot of work, but they could bring it back to how it used to be :(. (and we need battleball!)

i'm all for battle ball - didn't really care about snowstorm..

Tyrell
04-03-2014, 11:35 PM
What about all the coins I spent on power ups and stuff for the games I play? Will I get those back?

Sorry, no. We made sure we notified everyone a couple of months ahead of time so that any credits or purchased game add-ons can be spent before the center closes.

such a bad cop-out of dealing out credits fair + square to those who deserve them

Michael
30-03-2014, 10:56 PM
goodbye game centre!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!