PDA

View Full Version : Habbox Awards Show

Daltron
25-01-2014, 02:57 AM
What time is the award show including timezone?

And what platforms are available to watch/listen to the show? I think I read somewhere that it will be on video but I don't know how that works.

OldLoveSong
25-01-2014, 02:59 AM
on habbo in samanfas room im pretty sure and via habboxlive.com and its on 8pm gmt

Nick
25-01-2014, 03:00 AM
What time is the award show including timezone?

And what platforms are available to watch/listen to the show? I think I read somewhere that it will be on video but I don't know how that works.

7am for you since you live in NSW

Daltron
25-01-2014, 03:03 AM
7am for you since you live in NSW

on habbo in samanfas room im pretty sure and via habboxlive.com and its on 8pm gmt

Ohhh thanks guys!

lawrawrrr
25-01-2014, 03:10 AM
The queue will be open from 7pm GMT, during which I'll be doing a warm-up show on air, including a bunch of competitions! We'll be releasing more details as the day goes on tomorrow though.

Find the time it's on where you are here!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=HabboxLive+Awards+Show+2013&iso=20140125T19&p1=136&ah=3

Inseriousity.
26-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Seeing as the last thread got closed, I'll have to post my reply here:

I am aware of the technical faults and they are unavoidable and do throw people for a loop and it was all handled very well.
I don't really think it was fixed straight away or I wouldn't have mentioned it. I recall you mentioning on air that you had to wait for Sam to tell you who the winner was and that was not from the first two. Again, I think you should've been told the winners beforehand so that speeches could be organised and the unnecessary ones purged for later. Sam's talk of being made "redundant" if this happened makes it sound like she held onto them just so she had a role to play when in reality, the AGM works largely behind the scenes and as soon as it was discovered that the double DJing wouldn't be possible, from that moment on, Sam's role should've ended. Does that mean I think she shouldn't have been added to this thread? Absolutely not. It's a right bugger planning this so on that note, I will mention what was done this time that I liked and was much better for it:

- The pre-awards show was a good idea. Last year was just a member-organised red carpet.
- Hosting the Habbox Lottery at the same time ALTHOUGH I WAS ONE NUMBER OFF AGAIN!
- All the competitions. We had comps during last one but these were well thought out with better prizes.
- The good jingles.

Instead of seeing my feedback as "putting you down", take it as suggestions to improve the event next time rather than putting down the people involved. As for not helping via the request line/Skype, err you were hosting an event. It's less helpful to shout out feedback halfway through something when it is too late to change much, a bit like shouting out THESE ARE RUBBISH QUESTIONS during SNQ. It won't change the questions for that week because it's too late. Much better for everyone if you just say 'here's what I think for next time'

-Nick
26-01-2014, 04:14 PM

I am aware of the technical faults and they are unavoidable and do throw people for a loop and it was all handled very well.
I don't really think it was fixed straight away or I wouldn't have mentioned it. I recall you mentioning on air that you had to wait for Sam to tell you who the winner was and that was not from the first two. Again, I think you should've been told the winners beforehand so that speeches could be organised and the unnecessary ones purged for later. Sam's talk of being made "redundant" if this happened makes it sound like she held onto them just so she had a role to play when in reality, the AGM works largely behind the scenes and as soon as it was discovered that the double DJing wouldn't be possible, from that moment on, Sam's role should've ended. Does that mean I think she shouldn't have been added to this thread? Absolutely not. It's a right bugger planning this so on that note, I will mention what was done this time that I liked and was much better for it:

- The pre-awards show was a good idea. Last year was just a member-organised red carpet.
- Hosting the Habbox Lottery at the same time ALTHOUGH I WAS ONE NUMBER OFF AGAIN!
- All the competitions. We had comps during last one but these were well thought out with better prizes.
- The good jingles.

Instead of seeing my feedback as "putting you down", take it as suggestions to improve the event next time rather than putting down the people involved. As for not helping via the request line/Skype, err you were hosting an event. It's less helpful to shout out feedback halfway through something when it is too late to change much, a bit like shouting out THESE ARE RUBBISH QUESTIONS during SNQ. It won't change the questions for that week because it's too late. Much better for everyone if you just say 'here's what I think for next time'

I really think a few people will appreciate your wonderful thoughts :)

No sarcasum btw:)

Grig
02-02-2014, 11:06 AM

- The good jingles.

This is valid and I agree. My aim was never to let it go solo hosted, but at the end of the day crap happens in terms of technical failures.

I think maybe people thought you were just being negative, rather than being balanced in your initial post, that's why you may have been attacked.

But for sure, I'm always up for testing these things on a test server beforehand, so that you actually know on the day that everything will be working. Will make sure to rectify this in the future- thanks Mike :)!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!