PDA

View Full Version : olympics in russia

jasean94
27-01-2014, 02:26 PM
I really wanna know what do you guess think about this topic?

in i would like to know how would the people in the "USA" be safe in "Russia" for the olymips?
there was like to bombing in Russia weeks ahead of the Olympics in president Obama was offering to help russia.
i was planing going to Russia to watch but what do u guys think?

this will be no afance to any one i just wanna know

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/world/europe/putin-gays-welcome-but-leave-children-in-peace/2014/01/17/d8d971c3-a9f1-472c-aea0-ad2e122a0979_video.html

iBlueBox
27-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Why wouldn't Americans be safe in Russia?

Of course theres political tension...

Jazz
27-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Why wouldn't Americans be safe in Russia?

Of course theres political tension...

There was a note sent to the Americans by the Russians asking them to not wear their Olympic uniforms out of Olympic ground because of fears to their lives. (Not fully understanding why) There's also been death threats sent to a number of Olympic committees by "Suicide bombers"

I'm not going to the winter Olympics, I don't want to infect any Russian children with my homosexuality. I will probably watch it though, I love Olympics and Athletic events.

Kardan
27-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Americans will be in danger in Russia just as much as everyone else... Actually, if you really want to look into it, only the Russians are seemingly in more danger than anyone else since the current terrorist groups over there have issues with Russia and not the USA.

Jazz
27-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Americans will be in danger in Russia just as much as everyone else... Actually, if you really want to look into it, only the Russians are seemingly in more danger than anyone else since the current terrorist groups over there have issues with Russia and not the USA.

This is what I thought, whats confused me slightly is why only the Americans were given a Uniform restriction and other nations wern't

http://news.sky.com/story/1200548/team-usa-uniforms-pose-security-risk-in-sochi

Daltron
28-01-2014, 04:17 AM
It's all a bit messy isn't it :l
I will be watching it of course but also be paying close attention to media about it

Eric
28-01-2014, 07:19 AM
I don't watch winter olympics but i hope nothing bad happens, hopefully the Russians can handle the terrorist threats well considering Russia has the best military in the world and have probably the most effective security

MKR&*42
28-01-2014, 09:55 AM
There was a documentary lastttt night (on a UK TV channel haha) about the Olympics in Russia. I think it was mainly concerned with the fact it's costing so much and suspicions of fraud, but yeah they did start to mention that it's not effectively the safest country to go for the Olympics.

Ofc some nutter will try and attempt a terrorist attack, but it's not more likely to be targeted at USA athletes imo.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!