PDA

View Full Version : Premier Pro Help

lRhyss
27-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Right so,

I've recorded a load of footage for a Uni assignment on my camera and I went to create my product using Adobe Premier Pro, and it turns out when I import my files they turn from videos to just audio...

They're in .MOV format

I've Googled it and found some solutions such as converters etc... But with the converters I've found that they either resize the video or reduce the quality

I've looked on YouTube and can't find any answer for this either really.

So...

Can I get .MOV files to work in premier Pro at the same quality/size they were recorded at?
Is there any other high end video editor that works with .MOV files?

Thanks in advance for the help!

mrwoooooooo
27-01-2014, 05:56 PM
got the right codecs?

lRhyss
27-01-2014, 06:10 PM
got the right codecs?

Forgot to add, I'm new to Video editing and such, I'm using Premier Pro CS5 if that helps and the camera is a Nikon D3100

mrwoooooooo
27-01-2014, 06:13 PM
install quicktime and see if you can import them then

lRhyss
27-01-2014, 06:28 PM
install quicktime and see if you can import them then

I just installed the latest version of Quicktime and still no luck sadly! :(

lRhyss
27-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Sorry for bump but thanks, I fixed it now :)

Trinity
28-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Sorry for bump but thanks, I fixed it now :)

It might be a good idea to post how you fixed it. I know I get really annoyed when I'm trying to fix something, do lots of googling to find other people with the same problem, and they just say "fixed it" and never explain how.

lRhyss
28-01-2014, 05:37 PM
It might be a good idea to post how you fixed it. I know I get really annoyed when I'm trying to fix something, do lots of googling to find other people with the same problem, and they just say "fixed it" and never explain how.

Oh sorry, I installed Quicktime Pro :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!