PDA

View Full Version : Skinny for Summer

MilksAreUs
27-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Right, for summer, I think my mum and dad are wanting to take me and my siblings to Tenerife. I like it so much and I thought it'd be great to start slimming now to get prepared for the holiday. I'm wanting to do this because A) I can walk around topless, B) I can sun bathe, and C) I can look good. I am quite obese at the moment if I have to say it myself. I'm currently 14 and 11 stone. It doesn't show but that might be because I am tall enough for my age, but if I saw myself in the street, i'd think he's a bit... Porky? So whats the best way to cut down? Diet Plans? Diets? I'm very bad at cutting down on stuff so all the help would be beneficial, thanks!

Red
27-01-2014, 10:21 PM
I think the best diet club is slimming world. It doesn't really feel like you are on a diet because you can eat unlimited fruit, veg, pasta, potatoes, fat free yoghurts, meat and you can still have choc or whatever you fancy in moderation. You will deffo not feel hungry or deprived if you are following their plan and people have good losses with it. Also start getting active and doing some cardio.

HarrySX
27-01-2014, 10:22 PM
How old are you? How tall are you? What do you do every day? What do you eat in an average day?

You need to burn more calories than you're taking in and cut down on carbs/fatty foods (at a healthy level). You don't need a diet plan or anything, just have a healthy balance of food and generally be more active. If you want to join the gym (good idea as cardio is better in a gym, you work MUCH harder) do a lot of rowing as it's an all-body exercise. Set targets, try to beat them etc. Maybe set a time for 2.5k/5k/10k at a medium-high resistance (rowing feels more like a real boat at a low resistance, but isn't recommended unless you're an active rower on a real boat). Find a gym partner too.

Also if you're hungry, have a glass of water (or squash...) and give it 10 minutes. Your body can mistake thirst for hunger.

Phil
27-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Okay right, before I say anything, I'm going to say - Please for the love of God do not go by BMI, it is a load of crap!

Do you work out, play any sports? If not, would you describe yourself as sedentary?

rnix
28-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Starvation is the only salvation... Kidding!

Just cut down your food and start eating more healthier stuff... Don't do Cambridge or any scam like that. Trust me it doesn't work

Palaced
28-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Ima run during the summer, need to shed lose weight.

mrwoooooooo
28-01-2014, 12:59 AM
drink more water
eat smaller portions
exercise more

Daltron
28-01-2014, 04:11 AM
drink more water and eat anything you like that doesn't come in a packet or box (ie. is not processed)

run twice a day morning and night and try a bit of HIIT (High Intensive Interval Training) give it a google for more information.

do that and the weight should come off, it's easy if you are young you just gotta stick to whatever plan you do

Eric
28-01-2014, 06:52 AM
Cardio like running, jogging, cycling and eat healthy foods like fruits, veges.

Zak
28-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Proper diet and exercise.

Cassiieee
28-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Drink healthy, eat healthy, excerise more.
There's all different options, but it depends on how regular you do these things, your weight, your height, ect.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!