PDA

View Full Version : [Film] The Fault in Our Stars.

iBlueBox
29-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Blimey… I remember when John was making videos about just writing the book! Then I bought the book and got a signed copy! Then I cried at the end of the book! and no doubt at the movie! I’m so excited now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ItBvH5J6ss&feature=share

Red
29-01-2014, 05:58 PM
I love the book and he is not how I pictured Augustus :( Looks good though! I am sure I will ball like a baby.

Circadia
29-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Its going to be so weird to watch Shailene and Ansel act as brother and sister in Divergent in April and then watch them in a relationship in June for TFIOS

but its going to be great :D The book made me cry so much

Shar
29-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Abi I agree it will be a bit strange but we'll get over it!

I can't wait, I loved the book.

Phil
29-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Omg that looks so good! I really loved the book but I balled so much omg I'm so excited /aeroignaeirspf

geo
30-01-2014, 07:01 PM
the trailer made me tear up..... don't even know how i'll cope with the film.

Empired
30-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Really didn't enjoy the book. I can see what all the hype is about but it's just not my sort of thing :(

I'll probably watch the film when it comes out on DVD. Or I'll go to the cinema if my friends force me along but that's it really..

Sloths
30-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Its going to be so weird to watch Shailene and Ansel act as brother and sister in Divergent in April and then watch them in a relationship in June for TFIOS

This omg it's going to be so weird! I enjoyed the book but none of the actors are how I pictured the characters, normally it's only like one that's off for me but the entire cast seems just no to me.. We'll see how it goes.

Red
11-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Just wept like a baby!!! Until the fault in our stars comes out, I really recommend you watch the film now is good. It has a similar plot line. The guy is a better fit for Augustus imo. Loved it but my heart is broken waa

http://www.cambridgefilmfestival.org.uk/assets/images/_large/now_is_good_1.jpg

karter
15-04-2014, 07:22 PM
uh they chose the ugliest as the lead

Red
15-04-2014, 07:27 PM
AGREED he doesn't fit at all. prob gna ruin the movie for me

iBlueBox
10-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Not long to go for UK release!!

Derrener
10-06-2014, 07:11 PM
im so excited for thissss

kitten
10-06-2014, 09:20 PM
i wish it would come sooner although i don't know if i'm that excited for it! i feel like it might discredit the book :(

sex
10-06-2014, 09:28 PM
i wish it would come sooner although i don't know if i'm that excited for it! i feel like it might discredit the book :(

apparently its spot on!! gus is played perfect
cant wait to see this wixard;

wixard
11-06-2014, 12:10 AM
SO EXCITED GONNA GET POPCORN AND A SLUSHIE and cry into them both

Elegance
11-06-2014, 04:11 PM
i'm seeing this tomorrow and i've waited way too long for this movie, absolutely can't wait
i was disappointed at the cast when they were first released but the movie has good reviews so they must be doing something right

kitten
11-06-2014, 04:50 PM
i'm seeing this tomorrow and i've waited way too long for this movie, absolutely can't wait
i was disappointed at the cast when they were first released but the movie has good reviews so they must be doing something right

what how it hasn't come out yet!!!!!!!
nvm i realised there's a special advance screening, are you going to that?

Elegance
11-06-2014, 06:15 PM
what how it hasn't come out yet!!!!!!!
nvm i realised there's a special advance screening, are you going to that?

yeah i'm going to the advanced screening bc i'm impatient lol :(

iBlueBox
19-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Seen this today with my friend, the cinema was packed with female girls literately.

The movie does the book so much justice. Loved it so much.

Red
19-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Going to see it on sat!

geo
21-06-2014, 06:21 PM
was just crap, even worse that i was in a cinema packed with 12 yr old girls squealing whenever gus came on or giggling whenever they said okay or gave each other the look of love

can we just talk about how **** the okay scene was too
"okay? okay. okay. okay. okay. okay" idk man maybe okay means their always, u wouldn't be able to tell???????
ugh

the smoking metaphor was just cringe

this is one of those books that just shouldn't have been put on screen, there wasn't enough redeeming qualities about this film to make me even remotely like it

wixard
21-06-2014, 08:41 PM
was just crap, even worse that i was in a cinema packed with 12 yr old girls squealing whenever gus came on or giggling whenever they said okay or gave each other the look of love

"okay? okay. okay. okay. okay. okay" idk man maybe okay means their always, u wouldn't be able to tell???????
ugh

this is one of those books that just shouldn't have been put on screen, there wasn't enough redeeming qualities about this film to make me even remotely like it
a
gree ee with everything geo said, hated it
shouldn't have been made into a film it didn't work

iBlueBox
21-06-2014, 09:05 PM

ugh

OMG I GET WHAT YOUR SAYING ABOUT 12 YEAR OLD GIRLS.

---

This is going to sound a bit stuck up but I don't care.

Like I went to the cinema with my female friend and when we got in it was literately full of 12 year old girls squealing and crying and talking all through the film. There was only 2 whole other male in the audience and it made it awkward as it looked like me and my friend where on a date.

I like the film as a film but the book felt so much better, like the time frame in the film just felt really short.

With all those 12 year old girls I've felt like they've took something that was a personal thing the book and exploited it. Like people are now only seeing the movie as its "mainstream" and cool, (probably sound total hipster).

geo
21-06-2014, 10:02 PM
OMG I GET WHAT YOUR SAYING ABOUT 12 YEAR OLD GIRLS.

---

This is going to sound a bit stuck up but I don't care.

Like I went to the cinema with my female friend and when we got in it was literately full of 12 year old girls squealing and crying and talking all through the film. There was only 2 whole other male in the audience and it made it awkward as it looked like me and my friend where on a date.

I like the film as a film but the book felt so much better, like the time frame in the film just felt really short.

With all those 12 year old girls I've felt like they've took something that was a personal thing the book and exploited it. Like people are now only seeing the movie as its "mainstream" and cool, (probably sound total hipster).

i don't really think it's stuck up, it's just for me it totally ruined the cinema experience. i'm now having to try and wait for films to be on some of their last screenings so i can enjoy it as fewer people go. honestly probably missed a few minutes of (crap) dialogue because of the giggling (not even at funny bits), talking, crying (not even at sad bits) and squealing. it was just awful. i was seated next to an older couple who i guess were like me as we kept looking around when people were squealing, and then some really young kids who chomped so loud and just gasped and squeaked everytime they saw gus (ugh hetero)

like i didn't enjoy the film much anyway but it made it x100 worse for me because of a cinema packed with young ones. and i'm limited to pretty mainstream cinemas so it's hard for me to avoid them. i've noticed it's not even age that's an accountable factor for being annoying as **** in the cinema too, watching 22 jump street was hard and resulted in missing dialogue as people couldn't shut up about how...hot.. channing tatum is.

just so i'm not all negative: i liked the soundtrack a fair bit (avoided ed sheeran tho), liked hazel / parents relationship, hot ginger lady at amsterdam

i read the book a long while ago too and i'm never really good at remembering books (like catching fire felt like i didn't really have a clue, only the main plot) and it's just OKAY. like the book really isn't anything special. it's a typical tragedy zzzzz kinda wish tfios wasn't so **** lol bc it got good reviews

MKR&*42
21-06-2014, 10:06 PM
omg i actually went to see this todayh as a spur of the moment thing (ive never read the book only seen quotes from it) and omfg it was great tbf i was vry very upset as well, i ddint cry but part of me went =[[[[. but ye there were legit 2 other guys in cinema with me and rest girls but i dn even care cuz tht was a good film. Gotta say it rlly did surprise me in certain points.
--
o most of you are saying its crap woops lmao x)

kitten
24-06-2014, 05:27 PM
just got back from seeing it and honestly i am soooo disappointed
i went in with really low expectations anyway because i feel it's just one of those books that cannot be made into a movie and i truly felt like it was a complete let down
i knew i wouldn't get emotional because even the book didn't make me cry but it just all seemed so cheesy and cringe worthy to me, obviously we all have different perceptions of the book but the movie was NOTHING how i expected it to be.
no offence to shailene and ansel but i felt like they didn't really capture hazel and gus well at all and some people may have thought they did but i just didn't like how amateur their acting seemed to me
also i was really sad that hazel didn't say "i do, augustus. i do" at the end because for me, that line rounded up the book really well but she just said "okay"??? (the okay scenes for me were so awful)

anyway what i DID like: restaurant scene, ann frank's house scene, hazel's parents and isaacs humour

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!