PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito re-convicted of murder

eet
31-01-2014, 11:39 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/30/world/europe/italy-amanda-knox-retrial/

An Italian appeals court convicted former exchange student Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito on murder charges Thursday night.
Prosecutors said the couple had killed Meredith Kercher in November 2007. They were convicted two years later of murder, but those charges were overturned on appeal in 2011.
A judge said Thursday that Knox, also convicted of slander, was sentenced in absentia to 28 1/2 years in prison. Sollecito's sentence was 25 years.
Knox, who was at home in Seattle, Washington, said her conviction would bring no consolation to the Kercher family.

I could go on and on about how much of a miscarriage of justice this verdict is. I am not biased towards Amanda Knox because she is American, I did a lot of research on this case before formulating an opinion as should everyone else. There is very little if any evidence that proves that Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito murdered Meredith Kercher. All the legitimate evidence points to one person, Rudy Guede. I believe that the Kercher's deserve nothing but closure and justice for Meredith, but throwing two people in jail when there is no proof that they are guilty beyond
reasonable doubt is absolutely unfair, unjust, and just wrong.

Thoughts?

GommeInc
01-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Their mistake was going to Italy. The justice system there is incredibly dodgy - they try to blame other nationalities before they point the finger at their own people.

FlyingJesus
01-02-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't know the details of the case but on the news last night they said that part of the evidence against them was that they were seen kissing a few hours after the murder occurred and that was apparently suspicious and like idk about all the rest like prints on the knife or whatever else might have been involved but kissing your bf doesn't make you a murderer as far as I know

The Don
01-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Isn't this the same country that sends scientists to prison for failing to alarm villages about earthquakes lol?

eet
01-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Isn't this the same country that sends scientists to prison for failing to alarm villages about earthquakes lol?

Yep

Kardan
01-02-2014, 08:44 PM
They said that she took part in a crazy sex game gone wrong when they killed Meredith... And they used the fact she owned a sex toy as evidence of that... It's crazy...

-:Undertaker:-
01-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Didn't these two act very strangely during the trial though? As my mum said at the time, something not right there...

eet
01-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Didn't these two act very strangely during the trial though? As my mum said at the time, something not right there...
During which trial and how were they acting strange?

Kardan
01-02-2014, 10:12 PM

From what I've read it was during the initial interviews with police, which the two were told were just initial interviews to try and found out what they knew - but in fact it was a suspect interview, and the two were never told. Essentially the only bit of 'evidence' (if you call it that) that went against Amanda Knox in particular, was that she was nervous in her interview - but can you blame her? She was being interviewed by police in a language she barely spoke and without a lawyer.

I'm also sure that the prosecution has changed the story about 10 times, and it's worth noting that the first police on the scene just went around and contaminated evidence. So that was good.

Basically, it's all a big shambles.

eet
02-02-2014, 07:49 PM
http://world.time.com/2014/02/01/judge-conviction-amanda-knox/
That is such ********. The judge didn't have a hard time with deciding on the verdict it was obvious from the very start of
this recent trial that it is a kangaroo court trial.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!