PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Habbo.com redirects me to a betting site.

Samantha
02-02-2014, 03:48 AM
Whenever I go on Habbo.com I get directed to a betting site, is this happening for anyone else :S?

That was odd, it seems to have changed back to the normal page now, I am so confused.

It was also in another language. I'll keep this open for the time being if anyone else has had this.

TheJokerEffect
02-02-2014, 04:22 AM
This actually did happen to me once before, i thought something happend :/

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Chippiewill
02-02-2014, 04:28 AM
You probably have a virus. I believe those are grounds for dismissal ;)

Matt
02-02-2014, 05:27 AM
I won some money on a slot machine on a bingo site, that's made me happy and shocked too :D.

maybe the site you won this from has given you a virus Sam? :P

Samantha
02-02-2014, 05:46 AM
No to both even if they are light hearted posts, also if I have a virus, as long as it doesn't comprimise my accounts affiliated with Habbox or its rooms it's fine I hope :P.

I *think* it was the URL, it did say Habbo.com, but for some unknown reason it didn't have https:// before. Thanks TheJokerEffect; glad I'm not the only one lmao.

TheJokerEffect
02-02-2014, 07:03 AM
Well it's great to be in a mess with a friend ;) Samanfa;

xxMATTGxx
02-02-2014, 09:00 AM
When you sent me the message last night about winning £800 is that actually real from a legit site? Is it still happening now for you and does it happen on all browsers?

Probably best to do a full system scan for viruses, malware, adware etc etc.

Futz
02-02-2014, 10:00 AM
guess its time to start gambling

Kardan
02-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Even typing just 'Habbo.com' should take you to the right site.

Aiden
02-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Don't some plugins do this?

Lewis
02-02-2014, 12:25 PM
If your default search engine has also changed alongside URL redirects, then it's definitely a virus. Happened to me once by downloading a safe program that also came with an unsafe add-on :(.

Hannah
02-02-2014, 01:02 PM
As well as a full scan as previously suggested, try looking into your control panel uninstall program list for anything that shouldn't be there.

If you're unsure, Google the name and there will be several pages of people asking what the program is for and whether it is safe to remove or not. :)

Absently
02-02-2014, 01:08 PM
why is matt temp banned :P

sam that's so strange that it turned to https :S

Samantha
02-02-2014, 01:40 PM
When you sent me the message last night about winning £800 is that actually real from a legit site? Is it still happening now for you and does it happen on all browsers?

Probably best to do a full system scan for viruses, malware, adware etc etc.

Yes it was, however I didn't tell people how much I did win apart from 3 people, so thanks.

It's not a virus I can assure you of that, I don't think it would have just happened for a minute if it was.

That's a message to all replies who thinks it's a virus.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!