PDA

View Full Version : Describe your music taste

Mark
02-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Describe your taste in music, include examples of bands/artists as well!

I like a variety of music/genres from the likes of Foals, RHCP, London Grammar, Two Door Cinema Club, Alt-J, Everything Everything. I guess overall it's quite indie/rock

Aiden
02-02-2014, 12:50 PM
I like a few different types of music. I like alt rock like The Pretty Reckless but I also love folk like Tracy Chapmen. Plus theres other artist like Mika, Lana Del Rey and Lady Gaga. Oh and don't forget Black Eyed Peas and James Blunt.

Hannah
02-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Broad but old-fashioned.

I like a few new artists and songs, but I very much prefer artists like David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, etc.

Absently
02-02-2014, 01:12 PM
i'm not too fussed really, i generally like everything from metal to pop. majority of my tastes right now are probably indie type pop that sort of thing.

Zelda
02-02-2014, 06:28 PM
for me i seem to mostly be into like electronic pop and indie stuff, like idm listening to other stuff but when im choosing what to listen to i'll hop straight to that sort of stuff. i absolutely hate metal and a lot of rock and rap too. i really struggle with my music taste though tbh cause i barely listen to any artists and can never seem to find new ones :(

artists i mainly listen to are like florence and the machine, marina and the diamonds, lana del rey, ellie goulding, kesha, charli xcx, lady gaga, and stuff like that

Shar
02-02-2014, 06:33 PM
I have a broad taste in music.

Yawn
02-02-2014, 06:39 PM
rly ******* awesome

!x!dude!x!2
02-02-2014, 07:36 PM
i like mostly everything . i just don't like screamo, jazz, classical

Shockwave.2CC
02-02-2014, 07:49 PM
My music taste is really anything that takes my fancy

Vnok
02-02-2014, 07:56 PM
To me it depends, mornings i need something up temp. Something to give me that boost to refresh me from my slumber ;). So for me it would be electro, dirty dubstep, drum and bass, house and glitch hop. Evenings would be jazz, slow temp music, anything that gets me to sleep aha.

Ailurus
02-02-2014, 08:04 PM
I like a lot of genre of music, just not scream punk or rap. Music I like right now is Tonight Alive, We The Kings and Nico Lee.

Jurv
02-02-2014, 08:40 PM
i find it difficult to describe my music taste because i listen to so much

but if i had to say it'd probably be a mix of pop/indie/rock

i listen to 'pop' artists like adele, sam smith, lana del rey, marina and the diamonds, miley cyrus, beyoncé, lorde, lady gaga (i guess each fit into other sub-genres too)

and the more indie/rock artists i listen to are the xx, foals, hurts, james blake, jack white, alt-j, arctic monkeys, HAIM etc

there's also quite a few older artists i listen to too like bob dylan, johnny cash, kate bush, bowie, plus moarrr

OH i also listen to a little rap, mainly kanye west, jay-z & snoop doggy dogg

Mark
02-02-2014, 08:47 PM
i find it difficult to describe my music taste because i listen to so much

but if i had to say it'd probably be a mix of pop/indie/rock

i listen to 'pop' artists like adele, sam smith, lana del rey, marina and the diamonds, miley cyrus, beyoncé, lorde, lady gaga (i guess each fit into other sub-genres too)

and the more indie/rock artists i listen to are the xx, foals, hurts, james blake, jack white, alt-j, arctic monkeys, HAIM etc

there's also quite a few older artists i listen to too like bob dylan, johnny cash, kate bush, bowie, plus moarrr

OH i also listen to a little rap, mainly kanye west, jay-z & snoop doggy dogg

Our music tastes are virtually alike!! Apart from your creepy obsession with Adele! ;)

Jurv
02-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Our music tastes are virtually alike!! Apart from your creepy obsession with Adele! ;)

there is no creepy obsession!! just lots of support for the grammy queen :Money-Mouth:

buttons
02-02-2014, 10:03 PM
anything that makes me feel good inside
i like pop and ballads i guess but do have few songs i like from other genres

Elegance
03-02-2014, 08:51 PM
i like listening to pop punk like blink 182, yellowcard, new found glory, paramore, fall out boy, all time low, you me at six, mayday parade, four year strong, the wonder years, the story so far, man overboard, tonight alive, panic! at the disco, we are the in crowd. (not pop punk, but similar) my chemical romance, brand new.
there's indie things like haim, she & him death cab for cutie, the xx, lana del rey, marina & the diamonds.
also popular groups like emblem 3, fifth harmony, one direction, 5 seconds of summer, the vamps.
acoustic artists like nina nesbitt, gabrielle aplin, lewis watson, john mayer, lauren aquilina.
and female vocalists like demi lovato, taylor swift, miley cyrus, kesha, lorde, beyonce.

-:Undertaker:-
04-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Anything catchy really.

Like Motown (especially for nights out), house, pop, indie......... yeah.

Aslong as I can sway to it or recite it then it's all good.

Ardemax
04-02-2014, 08:30 PM
ok so firstly biffy clyro are the kings, foals are just next level, bombay bicycle club, two door cinema club, arctic monkeys and muse are all top stuff too

Plebings
05-02-2014, 06:03 AM
yo, www.last.fm/user/plebings (http://www.last.fm/user/plebings)

not too obscure, mostly listen to more leftfied indie/pop, very favourable to male/female duo vocals, e.g. los campesinos!, johnny foreigner, slow club, broken social scene, mausi, iyes. been listening to loads of swedish pop like this, also can't go wrong with synths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMlbEm45kGo

Rixion
14-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Very broad; recently been listening to a lot of disco and funk, but usually prefer upbeat synthy music.

OldLoveSong
14-02-2014, 07:13 PM
basically i will listen to anything except for metal/country. im not that picky :P

DJVeni98
18-02-2014, 11:02 AM
If I'm sad, I usually listen to classical music... If I'm in a car... the usual top 40 pop tracks. At home I listen to funk, Dance,
House music. :)

-Moniquee.
28-02-2014, 12:11 PM
I really like indie, pop and a bit of rock.

:odey:
28-02-2014, 12:18 PM
If they're female, in the top 40, with the majority of the world hating on them, i'm probably in love with them.

Rachel
28-02-2014, 12:23 PM
I enjoy country, hip hop, pop, alternative, heavy metal <3 :3

Joshirin
28-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Indie - New undiscovered bands (on late night bbc radio1) and discovered and big e.g. foals, the 1975, arctic monkeys, everything everything, the vaccines etc
Rap - real rap, old such as tupac, biggie, dre etc, and new such as kendrick lamar, A$ap rocky etc
Dance/club music - Avicii, Martin Garrix etc
DJ's mixs - B TRAITSSSS/annie mac, mistajam :)
DnB - The prototypes, Showtek and some others

I'm into most music, aside from heavy rock/classical/scream and that, and not to big on a lot of pop, aside from a few.

lRhyss
04-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Punk Pop / Metal core
#DefendPopPunk

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!