PDA

View Full Version : [HxHD] International SNQ

Sloths
03-02-2014, 10:59 PM
http://www.habbox.com/assets/images//2014/02/03/ctMrh.png

Hello everyone! HxHD are looking at trying out a new quiz aimed at International users as many of us are asleep when the usual 7pm GMT SNQ happens. What we need from you guys is the best time of night to host it.
I will add that you don't have to be international to vote as I know a lot of you GMT users are up til the late hours of the morning but this will be aimed at International users over yourselves. Obviously this won't be located on everyone's Saturday night but it'll be the weekend for you all.
Simply vote in the poll which time suits you best!

Also post below any feedback you have regarding this as we'd love to hear your views.

Kardan
03-02-2014, 11:05 PM
By 12pm, I assume you mean 12am?

Jordan
03-02-2014, 11:06 PM
I think instead of doing them both on a Saturday maybe do an international one on like a Wednesday maybe and try fit in a time in the evening that reaches the most people. Then have the usual one at 7pm GMT on Saturday. Just so it spreads it out and it's not all blown in one night.

hmm dunno

Daltron
03-02-2014, 11:11 PM
How long has this SNQ been going on?? Never heard of it

- - - Updated - - -

And I would like 11AM GMT but that isn't a poll option so yeah :l

Jordan
03-02-2014, 11:14 PM
How long has this SNQ been going on?? Never heard of it

SNQ has been going on for god knows how long. Literally for years. Currently only done at 7PM gmt so doesn't really cater for everyone internationally.

FlyingJesus
03-02-2014, 11:15 PM
I just voted 12 for kicks, I'm assuming most of the people turning up will be the regular lot anyway

Daltron
03-02-2014, 11:16 PM
SNQ has been going on for god knows how long. Literally for years. Currently only done at 7PM gmt so doesn't really cater for everyone internationally.

Ah okay. I would turn up but I am not waking up at 5am :(

Jordan
03-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Ah okay. I would turn up but I am not waking up at 5am :(

Thats why this thread has been made so you can vote for another time so another quiz can take place for international users.

Sloths
03-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Oh yeah sorry I got the 12 hour time bit wrong I mean midnight gmt xxx

Daltron
03-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Thats why this thread has been made so you can vote for another time so another quiz can take place for international users.

Can more poll options be added? It's still very limited

zebbadi
03-02-2014, 11:39 PM
btw she ment 12am i think

Drunq
03-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Wait... So SNQ is changing for once and all?! The time?! Or are you doing SNQ 7pm GMT still?

zebbadi
03-02-2014, 11:57 PM
Wait... So SNQ is changing for once and all?! The time?! Or are you doing SNQ 7pm GMT still?

yes danny its staying 7pm gmt this is a diff one for ints

Kyle
04-02-2014, 12:02 AM
dunno about this, 2 quizzes will just turn out the same people, especially on a saturday night when the nolifes are about without any commitments the next day. perhaps a different form of event for intnl users could be tested as snq is sparse these days and hxhd needs changing up.

gather data over following weeks on population of habbox events/help desk at the times provided and figure it out from there, cos the international population on the forum isnt really going to be large enough to give a good enough idea. besides, snq should be about attracting new members, not old ones.

Sloths
04-02-2014, 03:36 AM
Can more poll options be added? It's still very limited

Yeahh if your preferable time isn't here just post it like I think you've done above already.

Also the day has not been 100% chosen so the feedback for a different day will definitely be considered! This is all really just in basic plans which is why we wanted your guys opinions on it :)

Grig
04-02-2014, 05:06 AM
This poll is simply going to be a reflection of what the UK lot want, so the most popular option will obviously be midnight. So your polling will not be as useful.

Yeh it is a step in the right direction because at least it won't only be us doing int stuff anymore.

Would have been nice to see a different event in the HxHD though.

TheJokerEffect
04-02-2014, 06:30 AM
Well this is a pickle :/ I won't be able to host any of these, as i don't get home at any of these times (Aussie here) and that's it :( I guess waking up at 5am Sunday is my only way of hosting/attending a SNQ.

--Edit--

Unless it's on a Weekend ?

Grig
04-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Well this is a pickle :/ I won't be able to host any of these, as i don't get home at any of these times (Aussie here) and that's it :( I guess waking up at 5am Sunday is my only way of hosting/attending a SNQ.

--Edit--

Unless it's on a Weekend ?

I was going to make that point as well. You can't group a bunch of internationals together. At HabboxLive for example, we don't use the word international, but rather by localities, so like Aussies, North American folks etc.

Would be nice to maybe alternate it- so have one for North American primetimes one week and OC/Asia Pacific primetimes the next.

TheJokerEffect
04-02-2014, 07:55 AM
I was going to make that point as well. You can't group a bunch of internationals together. At HabboxLive for example, we don't use the word international, but rather by localities, so like Aussies, North American folks etc.

Would be nice to maybe alternate it- so have one for North American primetimes one week and OC/Asia Pacific primetimes the next.

That sounds like a good idea, have to see how everything is set up, I'd love to do all SNQ(s) at one stage or another. We'll just have to see how all things pan out. I'd love to do this ^_^

lRhyss
04-02-2014, 11:52 AM
1AM is probably the best, time, GMT people have Will be fine considering it will be a Sunday Morning Quiz! :D

MKR&*42
04-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Omg lmao nice job with the 12pm Sophie.
--
Oh OH OT: Yes even at 12am / 1am / 2am you're still gonna get a lot of the UK users there tbh lmao.

karter
04-02-2014, 01:02 PM
by international you mean australia only i guess

MKR&*42
04-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Well 1am gmt = 8pm EST so it would include a fair few American users. It actually seems against Australian users as 1am GMT is 9am for them and they have schooooooolllll. So really it seems to benefit majority of American and Canadian players instead of those from oceania.

*Used 1am as an example.

karter
04-02-2014, 01:20 PM
it'll be a sunday for australians

MKR&*42
04-02-2014, 01:28 PM
swear to god i forgot it was on a saturday
==
yes ik it says saturday in the quiz title

i really did deserve that dumbest member nomination
---
sofi i take back laughing at you over 12pm :(

Empired
04-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Omg lmao nice job with the 12pm Sophie.
--
Oh OH OT: Yes even at 12am / 1am / 2am you're still gonna get a lot of the UK users there tbh lmao.
Yo you realise it wouldn't be an exclusively international SNQ right? Internationals turn up to the current SNQ, GMTers could turn up to the International one if they wanted too :P

scottish
04-02-2014, 04:15 PM
if int turn up to current SNQ then what's the point in running another SNQ which would basically be the same users turning up.

Kardan
04-02-2014, 04:37 PM
I imagine it's not an issue of EU users turning up to the new SNQ, but I think the fact that EU users have influenced the poll outcome is an issue. You should have enabled us to see usernames and discounted votes from EU users.

MKR&*42
04-02-2014, 05:35 PM
if int turn up to current SNQ then what's the point in running another SNQ which would basically be the same users turning up.
This really...^

karter
04-02-2014, 05:49 PM
also i voted 12pm thinking it was actually 12pm and not 12am so...don't count my vote i guess

scottish
04-02-2014, 06:21 PM
basically GMT people voting for earlier GMT time so they can get there with ease, or voting the wrong thing as the vote wasn't done properly

may as well scrap this thread and put more thought into the idea as this just failed.

FlyingJesus
04-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Yeah like pick an area you want to cater to - saying "international" doesn't really help when that can be anything from GMT-8 for West coast Americans to +12 for Kiwis, especially when it's then all the Brits responding :P

Inseriousity.
04-02-2014, 07:42 PM
If you're going to hold another one, it'd have to be 3am plus GMT so that the vast majority of UK people won't be around.

Sloths
05-02-2014, 08:35 AM

I do like this idea and it did cross my mind whilst looking at times as it will be hard to get everyone to work so this might be the other option. Will take everything from in here into consideration and hopefully trial over valentines if things are sorted more or less by then.

scottish
05-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Clearly not taking anything into consideration if you're still going ahead with this poorly organised/planned event.

Samantha
05-02-2014, 01:03 PM
This poll is simply going to be a reflection of what the UK lot want, so the most popular option will obviously be midnight. So your polling will not be as useful.

Yeh it is a step in the right direction because at least it won't only be us doing int stuff anymore.

Would have been nice to see a different event in the HxHD though.

Before I read all the thread, you are not the only department doing international stuff - challenges are in place in events I know to ensure non-gmt time slots are filled which is getting improved each week although it's not perfect. Just thought I'd tell you as your international might be DJing in non gmt hours for all I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly not taking anything into consideration if you're still going ahead with this poorly organised/planned event.

She also said it was the basic plans, there's a lot to discuss and everything to make it better and a smoothly run event.

scottish
05-02-2014, 01:15 PM
The basic plans are the issue, should be scrapped and re-thought completely.

Kardan
05-02-2014, 01:38 PM
To be fair, the poll results are completely irrelevant. The thread needs to be redone for any meaningful information.

FlyingJesus
05-02-2014, 02:02 PM
One of my favourite things in feedback threads is when a member of general management attacks people for pointing out issues

xxMATTGxx
05-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Between 3am and 5am is probably the best options for some sort of International SNQ.

FlyingJesus
05-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Based on what/who

xxMATTGxx
05-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Based on what/who

Not based on anything but anything when most of the UK people are awake wouldn't really be ideal surely. As you want it to target to people who are awake when the majority of the people in the UK are sleeping.

If you don't then what the hell is the point in classing it as "International".

karter
05-02-2014, 08:02 PM
you need to choose the time when maximum international users would be able to attend and not the time when uk people won't be able to attend....

scottish
05-02-2014, 08:06 PM
which is why this thread and idea is pointless as the UK people are going to vote, and essentially give 2 SNQ's to UK people.

FlyingJesus
05-02-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm still awake between 3 and 5 most nights

Shar
05-02-2014, 08:10 PM
I agree with Scott. The current SNQ isn't doing that well as it is, shouldn't you be focusing on that before introducing an international one.

Shockwave.2CC
06-02-2014, 01:41 AM
1am is a good time

Josh
06-02-2014, 07:57 AM
best time is when every uk person is asleep so i can get some real vip

God
06-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Honestly IF your looking at getting people from The Americas' then you should probably look at Central Time. Find a good time around 6-9pm CENTRAL TIME and Have it hosted then. As thats where the majority of your Habbo's are from, and It will keep it kinda respectful for the 4-5 Time zones across the whole Continent, meaning most people from the Americas can get to it. I do believe that Central Time is -5 Gmt if that helps.

Anyways This is coming from someone who is on the International side so it should hold a little more weight than someone from the Uk.

Kardan
06-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Honestly IF your looking at getting people from The Americas' then you should probably look at Central Time. Find a good time around 6-9pm CENTRAL TIME and Have it hosted then. As thats where the majority of your Habbo's are from, and It will keep it kinda respectful for the 4-5 Time zones across the whole Continent, meaning most people from the Americas can get to it. I do believe that Central Time is -5 Gmt if that helps.

Anyways This is coming from someone who is on the International side so it should hold a little more weight than someone from the Uk.

Central is -6 isn't it? And I thought most North Americans were either in EST or PST, not CST.

Yup, more people in EST. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080320044304AAImeOX

Daltron
07-02-2014, 01:53 AM
best time is when every uk person is asleep so i can get some real vip
^^^^

Ekelektra
07-02-2014, 07:05 AM
I did an SNQ during Habbox24 at 7am GMT, and the only people who turned up were from the UK. So I would definitely do it earlier than that, probably 2, 3 or 4ish.

despect
07-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Is the help desk actually popular during international hours?
Sloths; Empired;

Anyway I voted for 3am simply because it could bring in quite a few international users, perhaps also get Habbox' name out there too? :).

Sloths
07-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Is the help desk actually popular during international hours?
@Sloths (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=56799); @Empired (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=80588);

It's obviously not as popular as regular GMT hours but depending on the time really it can be decently popular - well the international popularity of the room hasn't notably changed much at all over a few years whereas it's been noticed in GMT times so i guess that's a plus

despect
07-02-2014, 10:21 AM
It's obviously not as popular as regular GMT hours but depending on the time really it can be decently popular - well the international popularity of the room hasn't notably changed much at all over a few years whereas it's been noticed in GMT times so i guess that's a plus

Intl SNQ is a good idea then like I said it could really get a lot of international users! :)

TheJokerEffect
07-02-2014, 06:57 PM
I didn't vote cause i got confused :/ but i'll deal with anytime. If i cannot make it to an Int. SNQ then I'll just do the normal GMT one. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!