PDA

View Full Version : Skype problems

dbgtz
06-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Microsoft support are useless and Skype support is slow. Basically I keep getting this error where it says I'm already logged in. I can temporarily fix this (http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Can-t-open-Skype-You-are-already-signed-in-on-this-computer/td-p/288024?cm_mmc=SMTWITTER|7001_B1-_-Skype%20-%20Support) method, though it requires my to go into safe mode to modify the folder in any way. This becomes a bigger pain in the arse the more it happens.

I think I may know why it has this problem, but not how to fix it. For some reason, I have multiple Skype executables running despite Skype being closed. I try to end the task, but access is denied. I try using taskkill, but access is denied.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ailurus
06-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Have you tried turning it on and off again?

No but seriously uh, have you updated everything you need to run Skype? Java, Windows etc. It happened to me once, too. But the problem seemed to fix itself...

dbgtz
06-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Attempting an update to w8.1 now but I really doubt it is that.

Firehorse
06-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Open the task manager and kill the process (right click the task and select "go to process" from the menu).

You may find it is running multiple processes, end all Skype processes.

Proceed by launching Skype again.

Issue not resolved? Try doing a clean install of the program. Use revo uninstaller to remove any remaining traces of the program before reinstallation.

dbgtz
06-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Open the task manager and kill the process (right click the task and select "go to process" from the menu).

You may find it is running multiple processes, end all Skype processes.

Proceed by launching Skype again.

Issue not resolved? Try doing a clean install of the program. Use revo uninstaller to remove any remaining traces of the program before reinstallation.

Tried that already, didn't work. The update to Windows 8.1 may have fixed it, but I'm not certain it is permanent by any means.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!