PDA

View Full Version : Long Distance Relationship?

Ailurus
08-02-2014, 10:48 PM
I have been with this guy since December (read: past tense) and it did not work out because of communication issues on his part - sometimes he can work a 45 hour week, I'd expect him to at least come home and say hey before he passes out asleep. I mean, we used to do more as friends than we ever did as a couple. I told him as much but now he wants to get back together and he tells me he wants me and that he still loves me. I don't know what's happening right now. I dunno what to do. We're gonna see each other in April - he's coming down to see me, and he says he wants to be close to me; he can work from home so that he can be with me. Anyone have any tips on LDR? Anyone ever been in one/still in one? Thanks for your help. :)

Daltron
08-02-2014, 11:27 PM
I find they are always a little messy. Can you Skype him and stuff?

Ailurus
08-02-2014, 11:30 PM
He has to move around for work; between London and Scotland, sometimes Finland. I have his Skype, his Kik and I can also text him. He's just not very good at communicating in general now, lol.

sex
08-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Maybe he is lying to you about wanting to see you and about getting back together. LDR Don't work someone is always getting the raw deal and in this case its you, he has something to distract him (long working days) it seems where as you don't and constantly want to be talking with him!! If you're unhappy move on!

Also do you just have him on skype and kik? why not like facebook or something? lol Where did you meet?

Yawn
08-02-2014, 11:49 PM
u need some fresh meat and it needs to be in ur local area
get a nice outfit ready and hit the town next weekend pet

Kyle
08-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Wait until april to decide anything. talk face to face about your problems and sort them out while youre close. tell him if he falls back into old habits and stops communicating then the relationship is not going to work.

Ailurus
09-02-2014, 12:30 AM
I met him on Habbo, of all places lol.

I'm a bit of a social recluse so I don't go out, at all. Thanks for the suggestion though. :P He doesn't use Facebook, his words were "I have no friends so there's no point :P".

Thanks for the advice, Kyle.

Ms.Aquamarine
09-02-2014, 06:52 AM
I am in one. :)

As long as two people are putting in effort, a long distance relationship can work (because they love each other enough to do so!). By putting in effort it involves things like a good amount of communication and a lot of trust! I think that in every relationship though, effort is needed. It's just that in LDR's there's more effort and hard work!

Here's something my boyfriend's sister showed me. I really like it! :D

http://31.media.tumblr.com/9bfb3a2a33b33c3736cf432dc14d39f4/tumblr_myhpjg00ml1svdm15o1_1280.jpg

Matt
09-02-2014, 09:10 AM
That's cute Rosy :P

I think it all falls down to trust and the further you are then the more difficult it is. I've never been in one so I can't really give you much advice. I know 2 of my friends are in LDRs and idk, I'd be very skeptical of them, don't think they'd work for me.

Hope you can sort your problem out though!

Inseriousity.
09-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Yeah it's all about communication, if the effort is only going one way then it's not going to work. I'm in long distance relationship, it's not that we have to talk to each other, we want to. If he doesn't want to (although a part of me thinks that maybe he's just socially awkward so it's more a case that he doesn't feel he can) then it's just going to get messy. On the other hand, if he's just come in from work and he's knackered then maybe it's best to just leave him to rest and find other times to bond with each other.

Shar
09-02-2014, 02:58 PM
I am in one. :)

As long as two people are putting in effort, a long distance relationship can work (because they love each other enough to do so!). By putting in effort it involves things like a good amount of communication and a lot of trust! I think that in every relationship though, effort is needed. It's just that in LDR's there's more effort and hard work!

Here's something my boyfriend's sister showed me. I really like it! :D

http://31.media.tumblr.com/9bfb3a2a33b33c3736cf432dc14d39f4/tumblr_myhpjg00ml1svdm15o1_1280.jpg

That's really cute Rosy :)

I agree it's all about communication

joshuar
09-02-2014, 09:23 PM
I'm in one at the moment, we're a 2 hour drive apart and one of us will make the drive nearly every weekend. We text alot during the week too so we'll always feel close. It's all in communication and to be honest, I wouldn't feel like I'm in a relationship if I couldn't see them very often. At least once a month. I wouldn't date anybody further away than my girlfriend is right now.

If one side of the relationship isn't communicating properly then it all breaks down, that goes for short distance relationships too so yeah you need to either discuss it with him, or just get on with your life without him in it. Good luck :)

despect
16-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Long distant relationships work for some and for some it doesn't it depends on the people really. If communication was the issue then i'd suggest to find alternative ways to keep in contact like others have suggested, facebook, kik, whatsapp and so on.

James
17-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Sometimes they're good because when you do get to see them, it makes them more special. But there is the communication side of things too because it's easier to dift apart.

Best of luck to you whatever happens. :)

Ailurus
17-02-2014, 02:39 PM
He's much better now. We talked. :D <3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!