PDA

View Full Version : Domestic Violence: Questions!

Aiden
10-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Hey guys. Would it be okay if you could answer these for me? It'd really help with my project, thanks, +REP.

Does/did your school teach you about domestic violence? yes/no
Do you feel young people have enough access to services when in an abusive relationship? yes/no
Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? yes/no
Should school children and teens HAVE to learn about domestic violence? yes/no
Would you class name-calling as domestic violence? yes/no
Is it still abusive if it's only mild things (name-calling etc)? yes/no

Comment on Youth Domestic Violence: (quite short please, like no more than 110.)

-:Undertaker:-
10-02-2014, 06:27 PM

Does/did your school teach you about domestic violence? no.
Do you feel young people have enough access to services when in an abusive relationship? yes.
Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? yes.
Should school children and teens HAVE to learn about domestic violence? no.
Would you class name-calling as domestic violence? no.
Is it still abusive if it's only mild things (name-calling etc)? yes.

Comment on Youth Domestic Violence: It's bad but schools should be teaching maths, english and science rather than relationship advice.

dbgtz
10-02-2014, 07:30 PM

Does/did your school teach you about domestic violence? no
Do you feel young people have enough access to services when in an abusive relationship? yes
Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? Assuming this is just as a form of abuse, no.
Should school children and teens HAVE to learn about domestic violence? no
Would you class name-calling as domestic violence? no
Is it still abusive if it's only mild things (name-calling etc)? Depends on what's said, so yes.

Comment on Youth Domestic Violence: Not quite sure what this is? Is abuse from youth, abuse to youth or some sort of movement to inform the youth about domestic violence?

lawrawrrr
10-02-2014, 08:31 PM

Does/did your school teach you about domestic violence? yes/no
Do you feel young people have enough access to services when in an abusive relationship? yes/no
Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? yes/no
Should school children and teens HAVE to learn about domestic violence? yes/no
Would you class name-calling as domestic violence? yes/no
Is it still abusive if it's only mild things (name-calling etc)? yes/no

Comment on Youth Domestic Violence: (quite short please, like no more than 110.)

Young people don't really get enough support through teaching, especially when it comes to more minor things and they end up not knowing what's abuse or not. PSHE / whatever it's called in your school (a required part of school) should put more emphasis on this instead of sex, drugs and alcohol.

David
10-02-2014, 09:15 PM

Do you feel young people have enough access to services when in an abusive relationship? yes
Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? yes
Is it still abusive if it's only mild things (name-calling etc)? no

Comment on Youth Domestic Violence: throwing words at each other? its an argument. hitting each other? probably provoked. if not provoked then the persons just a **** head and you shouldnt be with them in the first place.

Phil
10-02-2014, 09:41 PM

Do you feel young people have enough access to services when in an abusive relationship? no
Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? yes
Is it still abusive if it's only mild things (name-calling etc)? yes

Comment on Youth Domestic Violence: While schools should be teaching curricular subjects they should also be teaching about life in general. I think services are there to help, teens just don't know how to access them.

Cerys
10-02-2014, 09:42 PM

Does/did your school teach you about domestic violence? Yes
Do you feel young people have enough access to services when in an abusive relationship? Yes
Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? Within reason, yes. If they slap you, you slap back - don't stab them. You know what I mean ok ;)
Should school children and teens HAVE to learn about domestic violence? No
Would you class name-calling as domestic violence? No
Is it still abusive if it's only mild things (name-calling etc)? Yes

Comment on Youth Domestic Violence: People probably overreact to a little argument saying 'oo it's domestic violence' blabla but yeah, if it happens like on a regular basis then yeah it's domestic violence idk hi bye

Circadia
11-02-2014, 12:03 AM

Does/did your school teach you about domestic violence? No
Do you feel young people have enough access to services when in an abusive relationship? No
Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? Yes within reason
Should school children and teens HAVE to learn about domestic violence? Yes

I think there needs to be more focus on things like domestic violence because if young children grow up not knowing about such things they won't know what to do in a domestic violence situation or will be scared to do anything about it

Daltron
11-02-2014, 05:09 AM
Do you feel young people have enough access to services when in an abusive relationship? No
Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? For self defence yes
Should school children and teens HAVE to learn about domestic violence? YES

Probably should be a more prominent classroom issue!

Kyle
11-02-2014, 05:52 AM

Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? no

Should school children and teens HAVE to learn about domestic violence? nope

Is it still abusive if it's only mild things (name-calling etc)? yes

Comment on Youth Domestic Violence: there are services available for young and old alike, it's just a question of knowing that they exist, which educational institutions should be only be partly responsible for. the term 'violence' has an ever-decreasing threshold and individuals should not be wrapped in cotton wool by being told that if someone calls them a name that they are being violated in some way. teach them to look out for themselves and realise that if somebody is making them feel bad that there are people that can help.

Matt
11-02-2014, 08:12 AM

Do you feel young people have enough access to services when in an abusive relationship? Yes
Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? Depends D:
Should school children and teens HAVE to learn about domestic violence? Yes
Would you class name-calling as domestic violence? Yes

It all depends on the person and how old they are if they're in a relationship. But if they teach it in a health class or something then yeah It would teach people about it and how to prevent/stop it.

MKR&*42
11-02-2014, 09:48 AM

Did your school teach you about domestic violence? Yes i think
Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? Well "back" is fine if it's self defence, otherwise no.
Should school children and teens HAVE to learn about domestic violence? No
Would you class name-calling as domestic violence? Yes

Comment on Youth Domestic Violence: I think there are enough services for people suffering from domestic violence. I usually see a fair few adverts on tv about what is/isn't domestic violence and how to report it.

Jurv
11-02-2014, 12:37 PM

Is it okay to hit someone back in an relationship? no
Is it still abusive if it's only mild things (name-calling etc)? no

i've never really thought about domestic violence occuring in teenage relationships. whenever someone talks about it i always imagine the two being in their 30's or 40's for some reason. i don't really think it needs to be something brought up in school as i think it should be common sense that help is out there somewhere, it's just a case of looking. if you're in a domestic relationship i wouldn't advise the victim to fight back as it'd just make it worse, just get outta there fast

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!