PDA

View Full Version : Builders At Work

Rakker
22-02-2014, 11:00 PM
it's been a week now, so time to inform you about Builders at Work.

http://habboo-a.akamaihd.net/c_images/article_images_hq/BCsquarepromo.png

Builders at Work, a group of local builders with an internationally operating "leader". The whole team has access to free BC, and are verified with their special BAW badge. The Leader of each local team has access to the Habbo sandbox server, with a full catalogue, unlimited BC and access to the floorplan editor.
The local team will be given assignments by local staff, like building event rooms, games and more.. And they can use BC to enhance and promote their own creations!
The leader has separate assignments from global staff, like creating roombundles, public rooms and a lot more!

http://images.habbo.com/c_images/album1584/BAW01.gif http://images.habbo.com/c_images/album1584/BAW02.gif
BAW01 BAW02

Builders at Work is in betaphase now, and only active in the dutch hotel, where it will be monitored and changed where needed. Once finished, it may be rolled-out world wide!

Projects Done:

New Room layouts 5/10

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=796504

;) Carnival Bundle (COM.BR only)

http://www.habbofun.nl/uploads/files/2012_brbundle.PNG

http://www.habbocreation.com/images/upload_news/2013_Badgeee.png

** NEXT WEEK: Fashion week, new types coming and Fashion rooms (New clothing)

http://www.habbocreation.com/images/upload_news/2013_newclothes_1.png

Preview Room:

http://i58.tinypic.com/20r7ptz.png

More to go :O

Lewis
22-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Looks great. Is habbo.com going to get this 'Builders At Work' group?

Rakker
22-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Looks great. Is habbo.com going to get this 'Builders At Work' group?

Yes :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-XhdsRxLVQ

lemons
22-02-2014, 11:15 PM
rakker ur so cool can we be friends

Edited by Nick (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Shorty
22-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Decent.

Kyle
22-02-2014, 11:57 PM
It's interesting how this group has such a similar structure as the hobba/habbo eXpert/guide systems over the years. Expression is something stressed so much within the hotel so giving open access to an unlimited amount of furniture will certainly allow individuals to do it freely and with no boundaries.

gl with it, hopefully it will breed a new level of room design.

jorsian
22-02-2014, 11:58 PM
I love this 'Builders at Work' group idea, as long as it isn't dominated by a group of elitist Habbos with inflated egos as I'm sure it's bound to be! :rolleyes:

passion
23-02-2014, 12:08 AM
It looks good. My main concern with systems like these is that it allows people to misuse power and get one over of other users. However, you seem to put a lot of hard work into it, making these posts, running your Twitter and constantly making videos. I'd rather it was just you and your friends or whatever than some some system rolled out where people abuse their respective power.

It would appear that Sulake rely quite heavily on you; beforehand this would have presumably been a paid position so as long as you're happy that they aren't taking advantage... #childlabour

Daltron
23-02-2014, 12:21 AM
I hope this does not follow the system used in RBI where elitist BS came into play.

KJK
23-02-2014, 12:25 AM
I have full respect for the person who made flappy bird. I actually like both of the room layouts, but I don't think they will be good for events, sadly.

Sandoo
23-02-2014, 02:36 AM
Will these members get access to that full catalogue on their hotels with BC or is that only on the sandbox hotel? I'm hoping the latter otherwise it'll only further elitism that is bound to happen.

Shorty
23-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Will these members get access to that full catalogue on their hotels with BC or is that only on the sandbox hotel? I'm hoping the latter otherwise it'll only further elitism that is bound to happen.
Original Post indicates that LEADERS will have access to the sandbox hotel with full catalogue access, while the 'local team' RE meaning on localised hotels .com etc will have BC access.

Hidden
23-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Sounds like RBI but with more privileges.

Yawn
23-02-2014, 06:41 PM
i see stage fences in the bundle :Heart:

Hidden
23-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Here are questions I have; 1) What is that fat ugly doll? and also 2) How is it being run, for example; there is a leader right... do they report to staff like RBI with powertoo or will the leaders be hired by Sulake officially with recruiting users through a poll or whatever or what?

Tyrell
23-02-2014, 06:53 PM
If I seduce powertoo can I get that badge?

Edited by lRhyss (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly!

Yawn
24-02-2014, 12:44 PM
this new room bundle has so much rare furni
stage fence, treasure, dumbell, bling plants. gutted for some but let me stock up FAST x

lRhyss
24-02-2014, 12:55 PM
this new room bundle has so much rare furni
stage fence, treasure, dumbell, bling plants. gutted for some but let me stock up FAST x

Isn't the bundle https://www.habbo.com.br/ only? o.o

But I like the idea, it's nice to see Habbo using us for more things.

Yawn
24-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Isn't the bundle https://www.habbo.com.br/ only? o.o

But I like the idea, it's nice to see Habbo using us for more things.
its out right now!

lRhyss
24-02-2014, 12:59 PM
its out right now!

Oh what! Sorry, I didn't realise D:

Yawn
24-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Oh what! Sorry, I didn't realise D:

no need to apologise x

OldLoveSong
25-02-2014, 04:57 AM
OMG im loving the new clothing/hair/accesories

Alexthedoc
25-02-2014, 07:55 AM
Do you have any idea when these 'leaders' are gonna be choosen? Cause i have plenty of ideas for rooms and events, but just havent got the funds. I probably wont stand a chance against the 'richer and more popular' habbos, but id really want to give it a go. :)

e5
25-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Do you have any idea when these 'leaders' are gonna be choosen? Cause i have plenty of ideas for rooms and events, but just havent got the funds. I probably wont stand a chance against the 'richer and more popular' habbos, but id really want to give it a go. :)

I think it's gonna be an elitist thing again.

All I hope is that they select habbos who actually create quality rooms! I wonder if they've employed rakker

Yawn
25-02-2014, 05:40 PM

All I hope is that they select habbos who actually create quality rooms! I wonder if they've employed rakker

after seeing rakkers carnival bundle i can only hope not

e5
25-02-2014, 06:01 PM
after seeing rakkers carnival bundle i can only hope not

Well yeah, that was awful

Alexthedoc
25-02-2014, 06:05 PM

Ahh great... ;(

Plebings
25-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Ahh great... ;(

best start rubbing elbows with the staff!

i'm sure it'll be similar to how the rbi was created (if it happens), however the recent reliance on other habbos to create events and stuff could lead to bias choices, especially knowing that these people who have already been given a spotlight are reliable enough to join, and they have previous events to base their verdict on, not just one room.

Plebings
07-03-2014, 08:38 PM
update!

hawky just revealed hes been asked to join the group, and that jendro is the .com leader.

looks like there isn't an application proces. wonder if the people were brought forward by staff or jendro himelf. he can build some great rooms, so good luck to him, just wish the selection process was available to everyone.

Stadiums
07-03-2014, 09:46 PM
update!

hawky just revealed hes been asked to join the group, and that jendro is the .com leader.

looks like there isn't an application proces. wonder if the people were brought forward by staff or jendro himelf. he can build some great rooms, so good luck to him, just wish the selection process was available to everyone.

Think it would have been a lot better if we at least got a chance.

Michael
07-03-2014, 09:51 PM
update!

jendro picked.

also chosen by him was undercover.

Hidden
07-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Matt deserves it, he is probably 1 of the best builders on .com (jendro)

Jendro
08-03-2014, 01:56 AM
Hey guys! :)

Just to make things clear, we're very excited to realize this project!
For the record, I did not just 'pick' the people, but I merely recommended some (also those who did not make it into this period's team - i.e. for a period of 2 months).
Nonetheless, I think it's important that EVERYONE deserves a chance to make Habbo a more beautiful place. And I know there is a lot of talent at Habbo.com! So do NOT hesitate to show me your skills, and motivation!
Furthermore, as some of you may know, I never build a room without any form of feedback. Therefore, any kind of constructive feedback is more than welcome. As representatives of Habbo.com in regard to making rooms that may be used for international, public purposes, we won't settle for less than the best rooms of Habbo history (and this might sound like an exaggeration, but I'm dead serious).

At this moment, I cannot provide more information, until I'm told to be able to do so. But I'm more than happy to share everything that's going on, as everyone playing Habbo.com has the right to know, and has the right to make Habbo a better, aspirational virtual world!

Cheers,
Jendro

Hidden
08-03-2014, 02:09 AM
@Jendro (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=49253);

also matt, what have you built so far. Or is it just all .nl so far?

Jendro
08-03-2014, 02:27 AM
So far I've just built things for the former RBI (Room Builders Inc project - which, unfortunately, failed :P), and the rooms I have right now, but nothing official. So far it's just been Rakker (of Habbo.NL), a Dutch friend of mine, who has been the mastermind behind this initiative, the room bundles, some public rooms, the upcoming 'room layouts', and glitch/bug fixes (such as the Greek Blocks that glitched when you zoomed out).

Hidden
08-03-2014, 03:28 AM
When will it officially begin on .com after the recruitment stage, however long that is (if still ongoing)?

Kyle
08-03-2014, 04:03 AM
So far I've just built things for the former RBI (Room Builders Inc project - which, unfortunately, failed :P), and the rooms I have right now, but nothing official. So far it's just been Rakker (of Habbo.NL), a Dutch friend of mine, who has been the mastermind behind this initiative, the room bundles, some public rooms, the upcoming 'room layouts', and glitch/bug fixes (such as the Greek Blocks that glitched when you zoomed out).
glad you mentioned the glitch/bug fixes. good to know somebody is looking into appearance of rooms both zoomed in and out. greek blocks were always something that bugged me and when a friend built a room using them he said "oh well nobody plays zoomed out anyway" lol.

Since this project is seemingly a smaller version of the RBI which, as you said, failed, what aspects of this do you feel make it less likely to do so? What do you think the RBI initiative downfalls were?

You mentioned that you think "EVERYONE deserves a chance to make habbo a beautiful place" but this process seems to be weeding out the longest serving room builders with the most furni and thus the most creative freedom. Yeah, everybody has a chance, but only those that sell their organs on the black market in exchange for habbo furniture are going to be able to grasp that chance with both hands.

- your opinion on room bundles? The economy is being destroyed for the sake of design opportunities and this imo is NOT the way to go.

also recruit me or i'll tell everybody about your std

Okeanos
08-03-2014, 06:49 AM
I merely recommended some (also those who did not make it into this period's team - i.e. for a period of 2 months).

after two months will the people who were chosen be replaced or does the team simply grow with time?

Jendro
08-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Fair points Okeanos! :)
(And I've just gotten the results of the tests, it appears I'm HIV negative - yay - and never had an STI in the first place haha. 'Just' a wee urethral infection :P Sorry guys, too much information :P)

Since this project is seemingly a smaller version of the RBI which, as you said, failed, what aspects of this do you feel make it less likely to do so? What do you think the RBI initiative downfalls were?
The RBI project was - at first - just merely based on those who had resources to build for the project (without compensation), and got no recognition after making it (not even a mention of the builders name in the room description), other than some 'points' that could be accumulated, to ultimately win an unpersonalized trophy. Nonetheless, it started of as a nice initiative. Whenever you want to improve a game, get people that actually play it for the most effective feedback :)

With 'Builders at Work' we can now make use of Builder's Club, which enables more possibilities. At this moment it's not sure whether the BAW members would get an extended catalogue, but in any case it won't ruin the Habbo economy, or people's purses :P

You mentioned that you think "EVERYONE deserves a chance to make habbo a beautiful place" but this process seems to be weeding out the longest serving room builders with the most furni and thus the most creative freedom. Yeah, everybody has a chance, but only those that sell their organs on the black market in exchange for habbo furniture are going to be able to grasp that chance with both hands.
Now we have Builders Club, it's always possible to make nice rooms :) Even with just the trial version. Just make screenshots and post them on HxForum, or 'HabboCreation' (made for builders).
You don't need to be 'rich' to be able to make something amazing. I think being able to make something out of many pixel sofas, Snowflake furni, or pura modules, is way more creative than stacking millions of thrones and other super rares :)

- your opinion on room bundles? The economy is being destroyed for the sake of design opportunities and this imo is NOT the way to go.
Because of the room bundles, there are more opportunities for others to actually build without having to sell their organs on the black market :P Plus, it works for Sulake, meaning they could hire more people for improvement of the game, spend more on marketing, and develop new features or new furni.
Nonetheless, I also found it hard to have Stage Fences for sale for a much higher price than the 1c they're worth now :P

after two months will the people who were chosen be replaced or does the team simply grow with time?
I fear that the team won't grow with time. But I'm not 100% sure of this.

Cheers,
Jendro

Kyle
08-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Fair points Okeanos! :)
(And I've just gotten the results of the tests, it appears I'm HIV negative - yay - and never had an STI in the first place haha. 'Just' a wee urethral infection :P Sorry guys, too much information :P)

The RBI project was - at first - just merely based on those who had resources to build for the project (without compensation), and got no recognition after making it (not even a mention of the builders name in the room description), other than some 'points' that could be accumulated, to ultimately win an unpersonalized trophy. Nonetheless, it started of as a nice initiative. Whenever you want to improve a game, get people that actually play it for the most effective feedback :)

With 'Builders at Work' we can now make use of Builder's Club, which enables more possibilities. At this moment it's not sure whether the BAW members would get an extended catalogue, but in any case it won't ruin the Habbo economy, or people's purses :P

Now we have Builders Club, it's always possible to make nice rooms :) Even with just the trial version. Just make screenshots and post them on HxForum, or 'HabboCreation' (made for builders).
You don't need to be 'rich' to be able to make something amazing. I think being able to make something out of many pixel sofas, Snowflake furni, or pura modules, is way more creative than stacking millions of thrones and other super rares :)

Because of the room bundles, there are more opportunities for others to actually build without having to sell their organs on the black market :P Plus, it works for Sulake, meaning they could hire more people for improvement of the game, spend more on marketing, and develop new features or new furni.
Nonetheless, I also found it hard to have Stage Fences for sale for a much higher price than the 1c they're worth now :P

I fear that the team won't grow with time. But I'm not 100% sure of this.

Cheers,
Jendro
thanks for replying, even if you did call me okeanos. glad you got your genital problem sorted, onwards and upwards!

Access is a problem. yes BC gives access to catalogue but there are hundreds of items that aren't currently featured and some are beautiful but require extreme funds to get amount needed. yes it encourages creativity for lower tiers of wealth but you will notice those at the top are still going to be those than for example can afford to put a throne in their palace rather than a brown plasto.

rebalancing economy is good. completely obliterating it is not. floor tile price should be on average 2-5 in catalogue and 1-3c in trading market. releasing a bundle with over 30 floor tiles AS WELL AS a bunch of other (incl. unreleased) furni for just under 100c just makes them worthless. my advice for future bundles would be to focus on use of currently beautiful yet rare furni (see: venetian furniture range) but not overusing it. simplicity and modest furniture use is key for bundles.

also quick note on rbi: needs an official closure. Haven't really seen or heard anything from the members for a long time and focus seems to have shifted towards using ideas from rakker or opening the floor to ALL users with release of new wired and focus on fansites/game creators/habbo stories room comps. rbi group is serving no purpose and is added to top of pile of failed ideas that weren't properly seen through. just make sure those that did participate get some proper recognition from staff before you transition to the BaW initiative.

Yawn
08-03-2014, 01:37 PM
rebalancing economy is good. completely obliterating it is not. floor tile price should be on average 2-5 in catalogue and 1-3c in trading market. releasing a bundle with over 30 floor tiles AS WELL AS a bunch of other (incl. unreleased) furni for just under 100c just makes them worthless. my advice for future bundles would be to focus on use of currently beautiful yet rare furni (see: venetian furniture range) but not overusing it. simplicity and modest furniture use is key for bundles.

THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jendro
08-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Access is a problem. yes BC gives access to catalogue but there are hundreds of items that aren't currently featured and some are beautiful but require extreme funds to get amount needed. yes it encourages creativity for lower tiers of wealth but you will notice those at the top are still going to be those than for example can afford to put a throne in their palace rather than a brown plasto.
Still, this doesn't imply that people are not able to show their skills and express their creativity with the limited resources. As in the old days, we did not even have more resources to build a volcano (e.g.) than mere colored doormats.

Well, as you know the economic value can change - and most certainly has changed because of room bundles (which are international, so its economic impact will always be different per hotel), but I think it's better that people can use more resources that have high aesthetic value for less credits. Perhaps it's because of the lack of the room bundles in the past, that people can't express themselves as elaborately as the 'rich' people can.

also quick note on rbi: needs an official closure. Haven't really seen or heard anything from the members for a long time and focus seems to have shifted towards using ideas from rakker or opening the floor to ALL users with release of new wired and focus on fansites/game creators/habbo stories room comps. rbi group is serving no purpose and is added to top of pile of failed ideas that weren't properly seen through. just make sure those that did participate get some proper recognition from staff before you transition to the BaW initiative.
I agree. Let's ask powertoo.

Hidden
08-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Jendro; who do you report to with people and rooms and stuff. kitchen or?

Plebings
09-03-2014, 12:34 AM
room bundles are a tricky thing, i think best way to approach it is to make a 200c limit on catalogue values, or keep it high furni amounts but the actual furni you receive is untradable. i do agree the bundles need to be slowed down before they take it too far though.

JaiHo
10-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Who are the members of the very first 'Builders at Work' team?

Chief builder: Jendro
Assistant builders: Hawky, Jher, Aymei, UnderCover. and Pivot

zombies
10-03-2014, 02:39 PM
well done to the people picked. i've seen some people's rooms from that list and they're good so props to them!

two i'm not surprised that are on there :rolleyes:

SlimShadyLp
11-03-2014, 11:15 AM
The group after 6 months have already been chosen tbh. They'll do a fake application to pretend everyone has a chance though haha

Leader: G.C.magic
Team: Fierycold, milkman, aloe.vera, molf and skaterchu

Daltron
11-03-2014, 01:19 PM
The group after 6 months have already been chosen tbh. They'll do a fake application to pretend everyone has a chance though haha

Unless habbo has requested 100 different versions of death run, there is no chance g.c makes the cut. Lmfao

Kyle
11-03-2014, 03:04 PM
g c magic biggest room comp exploiter in habbo screw that clown

Michael
17-03-2014, 09:24 PM
The teams first room got released today, here's a screenshot of it.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/1ik608.jpg

The team also received :floor today, as you can see below they're hard at work on the next room. A rumour's going around this is the potential layout for the next Hawky show but more on that soon.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/v48ilu.jpg

Derrener
17-03-2014, 09:28 PM
oh ooo i actually quite like it

Plebings
17-03-2014, 09:43 PM
i thought the pub was pretty well designed, especially as you can actually go into the bar/kitchen areas and move around.

Daltron
18-03-2014, 12:02 AM
The team also received :floor today, as you can see below they're hard at work on the next room. A rumour's going around this is the potential layout for the next Hawky show but more on that soon.

Umm that looks like a peni.............
LOL WHAT

Hidden
18-03-2014, 02:44 AM
I liked that you can visit other areas, but lack of design. Didn't look complete - could walk on tables, used pura blocks instead of diner tiles, buoys? etc etc

Okeanos
18-03-2014, 03:26 AM

I highly doubt it. Aloe.Vera was in RBI and she didn't make a single room - hardly a ringing endorsement. Molf was briefly in RBI too, then she was chucked out for trolling - why would she be asked to join BAW? As for SkaterChu... he has never made a nice room, ever.

e5
18-03-2014, 07:48 AM
The teams first room got released today, here's a screenshot of it.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/1ik608.jpg

The first room is pretty standard tbf...

And can't tell if the second image is a joke or not saying theyre 'hard at work' lol :S

Michael
18-03-2014, 03:40 PM
The first room is pretty standard tbf...

And can't tell if the second image is a joke or not saying theyre 'hard at work' lol :S

Sarcasm haha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!