PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] Cadburys Machine

DryRash
23-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Hello Habbox!
Now I know there is a lot of critics out there for the pixel art people post, Yes I did this in photoshop not paint xD
It is not as 3d as I would of liked it to be but then again I am not the best pixel artist.
I hope you guys will at least appreciate the effort I put into this to at least make it look like something.
I will except criticism but please no nasty comments :)
Hope you like it!
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/kyledbw11/Image9_zps5baded77.png
I did do it from another angle too but I thought I'd just post the one for now :)
P.s it is also missing some features i.e coin slots but I only noticed that shortly after xD
I will probably do a remake to see if I can make it any better.

Ailurus
23-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Oooh I'd kill for Habbo to release a Cadburys machine in the catalog.

Nice work!

lRhyss
23-02-2014, 07:57 PM
It definitely needs more shading but well done :)

+rep

DryRash
23-02-2014, 08:16 PM
I know I am hoping to try do a bit more shading to it once I have some more time on my hands!
Thank you :D

Nick
24-02-2014, 11:54 AM
The black lines are fairly thick and some shading would make it better. I think adding a line all the way through on the right and making the viewing things possibly smaller would look good. Nice job!

DryRash
24-02-2014, 04:26 PM
The black lines are fairly thick and some shading would make it better. I think adding a line all the way through on the right and making the viewing things possibly smaller would look good. Nice job!
Thanks for the input!
I am trying to do it again too so it really does help. Thank you. :)

YoshiEgg-
24-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Nice work Kyle!

DryRash
24-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Nice work Kyle!

Thank you Sam.

-Moniquee.
25-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Nice work! I don't like how perfectly the dairy milk part sits but I guess it's authentic lol. I wish they released this on habbo.

TheJokerEffect
25-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Great work Kyle ;)

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

da363bomb
25-02-2014, 03:48 PM
oo i like it alot tbh! Would be a cute furni to have in habbo client :P!

DryRash
25-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Nice work! I don't like how perfectly the dairy milk part sits but I guess it's authentic lol. I wish they released this on habbo.
Thank you, Yeah Like I said I am trying to improve it so thank you for the tip I will see if I could do anything about it :D

Great work Kyle ;)

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2
Thank you :D

oo i like it alot tbh! Would be a cute furni to have in habbo client :P!
Thank you, Yeah I know It would :P

e5
25-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Oooh I'd kill for Habbo to release a Cadburys machine in the catalog.

Nice work!
Those machines will never get released due to licensing or whatever. If habbo do a Cadburys promo, staff will have them in rooms but they will never be publicly released

DryRash
25-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Those machines will never get released due to licensing or whatever. If habbo do a Cadburys promo, staff will have them in rooms but they will never be publicly released

Very true, Plus forgive me if I am wrong, But wouldn't they have to go through the copyrighted things and that so it would cost them a lot of money just for them to have it public?

e5
25-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Very true, Plus forgive me if I am wrong, But wouldn't they have to go through the copyrighted things and that so it would cost them a lot of money just for them to have it public?

I don't really know how it works, I presume Cadburys somehow pay habbo in some form to do a promo for them and that gives them the right to create a furniture for staff use. They wouldn't make it public cos then it's like free advertising

Zak
26-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Good attempt but I just don't think it looks that realistic :)

Chug!
26-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Great work! Nothing more to add than anyone else has already said, but looking good!

Kyle
26-02-2014, 03:15 PM
here are some other images for your reference:

http://habboxwiki.com/wiki/images/e/ee/Moodi_Machine.gifhttp://habboxwiki.com/wiki/images/c/c5/Bling_fridge.gif

note how bottom part of moodi machine has a lighter edge to give off a more rounded feel and how the fridge has different shades of purple on each of its sides to convey that it isn't just a 2d object. try to incorporate these into your work. right now, you've used what would be termed 'pillow shading' by simply adding a darker shade to all of the edges rather than figuring out where your light is actually coming from. in most 3d works the light source is going to be one of the top corners - in this case i would use the top left. imagine a lamp up there, shining down in the direction your machine is facing. top side of going to be exposed to the most light, so will be the lightest shade of purple. chocolates are not being hit by the light, so that side will be darkest. other will be somewhere in between.

DryRash
26-02-2014, 04:23 PM
here are some other images for your reference:

http://habboxwiki.com/wiki/images/e/ee/Moodi_Machine.gifhttp://habboxwiki.com/wiki/images/c/c5/Bling_fridge.gif

note how bottom part of moodi machine has a lighter edge to give off a more rounded feel and how the fridge has different shades of purple on each of its sides to convey that it isn't just a 2d object. try to incorporate these into your work. right now, you've used what would be termed 'pillow shading' by simply adding a darker shade to all of the edges rather than figuring out where your light is actually coming from. in most 3d works the light source is going to be one of the top corners - in this case i would use the top left. imagine a lamp up there, shining down in the direction your machine is facing. top side of going to be exposed to the most light, so will be the lightest shade of purple. chocolates are not being hit by the light, so that side will be darkest. other will be somewhere in between.

:D Just what I was looking for someone who has said how to do shading.
I have already got to work on my second one and I WILL be sure to take another look at this for my shading thank you :}
+REP

Liva
26-02-2014, 08:37 PM
It does need more shading, and detail, and the logos aren't skewed properly. :s
I was trying to find you an example of a different machine but can't find one, but not every line has to be black. :) Only the outside lines are, the middle is where you can probably go a dark purple. Also, there's a tutorial of how to skew images to suit the style of habbo - I'm thinking for the logo on the side. :) I'll try and find it for you.

Nice effort though!

Edit: Kyle did it anyway. :P
Edit 2: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=153040 < Poster tutorial

Daltron
27-02-2014, 05:00 AM
awesome :)

GregSegesi
27-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Looks good for a beginner! Keep up the good work :-)
Here's two tips to improve the alt and your future work:

The writing on the side needs to be isometric. In other words, have it on an angle parallel to the angle the side appears. See how the bottom of the side goes 2 pixels long, down then right, 2 pixels long again? That is the angle of the side, so the writing on the side should follow the same rules. It's pretty hard to explain with words and I apologise if it's confusing but I can illustrate it if it's not entirely clear.
The entire thing is pillow-shaded. I made this mistake when I started years ago and trust me, pixel art looks much better when shaded correctly. Pillow-shading is basically just going around all the edges and not shading in reference to a light source. Give this a read: http://www.natomic.com/hosted/marks/mpat/shading.html

Habbo pixel art is usually isometric, so keep that in mind. Sorry if I'm being too harsh, but if you can nail the two above things then your work will improve largely! :-D

Cassiieee
04-03-2014, 01:49 AM
I actually like that. It's pretty smart. :L

Brad
04-03-2014, 04:15 AM
Mmmm chocolate! Looks good. Better than what I could do. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!