PDA

View Full Version : Do looks count in things which don't involve looks?

Aiden
26-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Okay strange question but I'm going to say yes! Put your self in this situation...

You're a dragon on the Dragon's Den show and you have 2 groups, both are just as good and theres nothing between them besides their looks! One group is attractive and one is ugly... which would you hire/invest in?

I'd go attractive. Sorry if that makes me a bad person.

FlyingJesus
26-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Looks do matter in that instance since you're not just selling an idea you're selling an image

Aiden
26-02-2014, 08:08 PM
well chose one where it doesn't matter
like erm

idk but just :(

wixard
26-02-2014, 08:12 PM
of course looks always matter, it's just how it is. it's not even limited to superficial behaviour

if a young girl is going before a jury they're told to wear NO makeup to make themselves look as young and innocent as possible to win them over

Kyle
26-02-2014, 08:16 PM
yes, everywhere

karter
26-02-2014, 08:41 PM
yeah obv they do

!x!dude!x!2
26-02-2014, 08:43 PM
It's always has matter :P

Futz
26-02-2014, 10:13 PM
yeah, it's a shame but it's just in our nature

Joshirin
26-02-2014, 10:21 PM
depends also whether or not they're good at conversation, ultimately don't want to work with someone who is a bore, cannot have a good conversation/communication with in the workplace.

Charz777
26-02-2014, 10:49 PM
In terms of Dragons' Den are we saying looks or appearance?

If there is a group of ugly folk dressed smart and business-like and a group of hotties turned up in their jeans then I'd go for the ugly ones because they thought about making an effort, they dressed appropriately. Compared to some pretty folk who roled in all casual thinking that's okay to settle a business agreement.

But if they both dressed for the occasion and everything is equal besides their unchangeable looks then I'd say the good-looking ones would win.

Blinger
26-02-2014, 10:59 PM
In my work (baking) looks matter. Not just the sales people (obviously an attractive girl lures blokes and to some extent females because they are comfortable together compared to an ugly girl) but also in the product. I.e. you wouldn't buy a cake that looks like someone's fingers have raped it or if it just doesn't look visually nice.

"You buy with your eyes."

-Moniquee.
26-02-2014, 11:02 PM
I hate to say it but looks do matter! It's really sad but if two girls went for a job with similar qualifications and one was more attractive and had a more blank personality - it wouldn't matter chances are she would still get the job because she is more attractive.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!