PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Chat delay?

smurfig
07-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong section; I didn't know where to post it!

Does anyone else experience a chat delay? Whenever I'm in a room that hosts, for example, a trivia, or anything where you need to type fast, I don't even get the questions before the other users have answered, which is annoying. I'm thinking that it's probably a chat delay on my part - is there anything that can be done about this?

-Nick
07-03-2014, 07:31 PM
It will be on your behalf - it may be commonly known as 'lag'. It may be due to your amount of stuff on your pc/laptop, or your internet download and maybe upload speed.

You can find out more information about definitions here (http://www.internetslang.com/LAG-meaning-definition.asp)

Hope this is useful.

-Nick

smurfig
07-03-2014, 07:45 PM
It will be on your behalf - it may be commonly known as 'lag'. It may be due to your amount of stuff on your pc/laptop, or your internet download and maybe upload speed.

You can find out more information about definitions here (http://www.internetslang.com/LAG-meaning-definition.asp)

Hope this is useful.

-Nick

Thank you! Would the location of the habbo server have anything to do with this? I took an online test (I know they're not terribly accurate, but at least it's an indication) on a server close to me, and it gave me 2ms ping, download speed 94.82mbps, upload speed 94.85mbps. It should be worse if the server is in another country, right?

And as for stuff on my computer, I have 8gb RAM and 313 GB free out of 931 GB on my hardrive, so I'm not sure if that'd be an issue.

Could having multiple tabs open (I run it in Chrome) be the cause?

I mean this isn't ruining my habbo experience, but it's a bit annoying when I encounter it.. I can live with it though :¬:

-Nick
07-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Thank you! Would the location of the habbo server have anything to do with this? I took an online test (I know they're not terribly accurate, but at least it's an indication) on a server close to me, and it gave me 2ms ping, download speed 94.82mbps, upload speed 94.85mbps. It should be worse if the server is in another country, right?

And as for stuff on my computer, I have 8gb RAM and 313 GB free out of 931 GB on my hardrive, so I'm not sure if that'd be an issue.

Could having multiple tabs open (I run it in Chrome) be the cause?

I mean this isn't ruining my habbo experience, but it's a bit annoying when I encounter it.. I can live with it though :¬:

It may be coursed by all of the people in the room, tabs, and what else youve got on your computer.

steamyxo
08-03-2014, 10:04 AM
i got this the other day aswell lol, not sure what it is though seeing as it only happened once so it would be weird if it was lag ?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!