PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a job?

Sharon
10-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Do you have a job? Give a brief description if you want

I am currently working in a Chinese takeaway and have done for months now, almost a year actually. Two nights a week at £6 an hour, considering I'm 15 I can't complain at all.

So nice to have money to have money to find my clothes habit cos my parents refuse to pay for anything and have done since I started working about two years ago. Independence is not fun, life lessons learnt though whilst all my friends live off their parents I guess

e5
10-03-2014, 08:29 PM
It's annoying how your worse off when you don't work as to when you do work :P

I work full time for a company that supplies clothing to army camps, mainly under armour but also other essentials like boots, maximuscle, SIS amongst lots of other products. Lots of stuff I make use of and good since I get it cheap :D

Jurv
10-03-2014, 08:37 PM
nope i've never had a job lol :( college takes up too much of my time and too lazy to do anything else

i'm getting my cv and stuff sorted for as soon as i finish for summer though. i'm determined to get a temp place somewhere!!

wixard
10-03-2014, 08:41 PM
had a job since i was 15 constantly, been almost 3 months since i've had one now and i probably wont get one until may just so i can focus on exams

really miss the money, and also hate all the free time! much rather be working

Jordan
10-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Yes I've worked as a waiter in a 4 star hotel for about 18 months now and to be honest its **** but its money during college and they always have hours they can give me. I get paid £6 pound an hour. Can't complain really except that some of the managers there are completely up their own arses.

sexpot
10-03-2014, 08:43 PM
I work at a comic book store, checking people out, stocking shelves, etc. It's really awesome cos I get to be around things I love.

Phil
10-03-2014, 08:44 PM
I work in a four star hotel in a Kids Club during seasonal holidays. Basically when the kids are off school, I'm working in the kids club.
During the term I work in the five star Leisure Centre of the hotel

lemons
10-03-2014, 08:47 PM
no i had a temp job in asda though

i want to write a cv but i have NO work experience

Absently
10-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Nah, no matter how hard I try I just can't find one :/ I don't think it helps that I have very little hours (what with college four days a week and work placement two days a week giving me really only all day Sunday available...) I feel like the only way ill get a job is through knowing people but hopefully ill have more luck come summertime!

Cerys
10-03-2014, 09:03 PM
I have a job interview event thingy idk next week for asda

But no currently no job

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Shar
10-03-2014, 09:16 PM
No I don't feel like I can handle a job on top of placement. I'd be really stressed out and tired.

Brad
10-03-2014, 11:14 PM
I have a job as a kitchen designer. Been in this position since May of last year. It's nice to be out of University now, because I literally just work; and then have the rest of the time to myself. :)

Kyle
10-03-2014, 11:54 PM
no not currently, im too bad at managing my time properly i would never get any study done. i will find a job in summer though

Yupt
11-03-2014, 02:21 AM
yes i have a full time job as the barman in a gastro pub.

Rachel
11-03-2014, 02:28 AM
I do have a full time job as a Nurse :) I love my job a lot :)

Kardan
11-03-2014, 02:38 AM
I've never had a job, too busy with school/Uni.

j0rd
11-03-2014, 10:29 AM
I work fridays and saturdays as a barman in a nightclub

lawrawrrr
11-03-2014, 11:06 AM
I class my student media stuff as 'work' because I do it every day, although I don't get paid. I do work as a teacher once a week, and do mentoring, both of which I do get paid for, but not a proper job no! Never have :)

Glen Coco
11-03-2014, 02:01 PM
I've not not had a job since I was 14, would find it too weird to be out of work now.
Started off as a glass collector at a pub friday - sunday, then to a waitress at a little hotel, then waitress and bar staff at a big family chain restaurant, then Barclay's Bank on a temp basis and now at another family chain restaurant whilst I find something better.
Got an interview for a property lawyers on Thursday so fingers crossed I get that or hear from elsewhere.
I worked throughout all of my GCSE's and had a full time job whilst doing A levels. Also had 2 jobs at one point which was very hard.

Joshirin
11-03-2014, 02:33 PM
nope, determined to have one for summer tho
though I do teach primary school children (year 3's) in playing some sports, and games which is fun

-Amyy
11-03-2014, 05:57 PM
I don't have a job but I really want one, there aren't any at all where I live though :(

Zak
11-03-2014, 07:39 PM
I do. My main role would really be a SQL Developer.. but I do a bit of everything.

OldLoveSong
11-03-2014, 09:25 PM
i work at a clothing store and im a cashier/retail sales assistant !!

Blinger
12-03-2014, 12:07 AM
I think most would know what I do?
Anyway, I'm a baker. Been doing it since I left school, 5 years or so now.. god I'm old :-\. Hmm, wanted to join the army, didn't get into that for ugh.. personal reasons and so I just continued working where I already was but selling bread instead. Asked about apprenticeships got offered one and been mostly enjoying it since.

Umm.. yeah. My job also involves waking up at either 9pm or midnight depending on the day and working through until either 5, 8 or 9am. Going to bed anywhere from 4-6pm. Literally it's like a weekend every day of the week :-\

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a job? Give a brief description if you want

I am currently working in a Chinese takeaway and have done for months now, almost a year actually. Two nights a week at £6 an hour, considering I'm 15 I can't complain at all.
Still your uncles?

Matt
12-03-2014, 08:40 AM
I left my job 2 weeks a go to focus on my last year of high school. I was in the newsagency for around 2 years and dealt with some real idiots, i hated it lol. I managed to save up so much money though, ready for when I am old enough to go traveling (or when I'm ready to go!).

Alkaz
12-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Started working at a golf club in Feb 2012. Started as a Saturday boy earning £4.50 an hour, now I work/run the bar, work in the pro-shop and a lot of other stuff and earn £8.30 an hour. I hated it initially but soon the hours started rolling in and my job role changed and I ended up loving my job, now I just find the hours long and boring but the money is pretty good.

Chug!
12-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I work in The O2 Arena in the Premium VIP lounges - it's cool :)

Matthew
12-03-2014, 05:52 PM
I don't have a job right now (and never have done) but I will be working at KPMG as an accountant from September :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!